Samui Infrastructure

It's sad to see that this thread is turning away completely from it's original cause.

"How to make Samui clean or do something about it?"

Instead, we see now a discussion about prices for flying to/from Samui... :D

LaoPo

Agree, this thread is Not about airfare pricing, PLEASE start your own thread about airfares. :o

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad to see that this thread is turning away completely from it's original cause.

LaoPo

Agree, this thread is Not about airfare pricing, PLEASE start your own thread about airfares. :o

I think you have missed the point from the previous posts it was to do with the need for a second airport or not. In my opinion a second airport might just be relevant to Samui's infrastructure thread.

May I also add that I am not in favour of one.

LaoPo

I think you have missed the point from the previous posts it was to do with the need for a second airport or not. In my opinion a second airport might just be relevant to Samui's infrastructure thread.

And as I haven't heard THERE will ABSOLUTE be one, lets first get our numbers right (population of the Islands) and move from there....But I do see your point, but it's getting into trivial pricing.

LaoPo

And as I haven't heard THERE will ABSOLUTE be one, lets first get our numbers right (population of the Islands) and move from there....But I do see your point, but it's getting into trivial pricing.

yawn,yawn....cant somebody close this thread.....jens loves the niggly arguments....stop encouraging her all!!!regards

LaoPo

yawn,yawn....cant somebody close this thread.....jens loves the niggly arguments....stop encouraging her all!!!regards

I understand you yawn, since this is for grown ups...please go play. :whistling:and after trying to help you and all.

Edited by SamuiJens

infrastructure ? what infrastructure, :o:D

Well, not too many want one, it seems, :D But there are many decent ppl on this Isle and I trust they will come around when they know it's in their best interest to do so, BUT might be to late then.

looks like this thread got stuck in one of the potholes..... :o

OK - well let's try and pull it back out.......

We all know that cost is the big factor so all of this will not happen soon if at all - but on a wish list

Roads - ideally correctly laid tarmac - not this cheap poorly laid concrete.

Electric - getting better now the new cable is in, but still getting fluctuating voltage and the occassional power cut - but I have to say a lot fewer than five years ago. Steady supply would be nice though. Also if we could get rid of the above ground cables, not only would it improve the visual aspect of the island but reduce power cuts due to vehicles hitting supply poles and trees falling across lines.

Water - going to be a problem even with the new de-salination plant if we do not g et enough rain each year.

Airport - we all have different opinions on this. As I have said before, I do not see the need for a second airport but it would be useful if Bangkok Airways were more user friendly.

Internet - good quality Broadband. ADSL is OK but so inconsistent in speed.

So what do the rest of you think?

looks like this thread got stuck in one of the potholes..... :o

We all know that cost is the big factor so all of this will not happen soon if at all - but on a wish list

Electric - getting better now the new cable is in, but still getting fluctuating voltage and the occassional power cut - but I have to say a lot fewer than five years ago. Steady supply would be nice though. Also if we could get rid of the above ground cables, not only would it improve the visual aspect of the island but reduce power cuts due to vehicles hitting supply poles and trees falling across lines.
Water - going to be a problem even with the new de-salination plant if we do not g et enough rain each year.
Airport - we all have different opinions on this. As I have said before, I do not see the need for a second airport but it would be useful if Bangkok Airways were more user friendly.

They don't, it seems, they are just here to get try to get rich, or are afraid to speak there little minds (but thanks for the posts from those that have 2 of them)

Too bad, when the Island gets screwed (which is now), them you'll be crying on TV, about the problem. Most ppl just think, well TIT, and what will be will be!

Good luck to the brave.

looks like this thread got stuck in one of the potholes..... :D

They don't, it seems, they are just here to get try to get rich, or are afraid to speak there little minds (but thanks for the posts from those that have 2 of them)

Too bad, when the Island gets screwed (which is now), them you'll be crying on TV, about the problem. Most ppl just think, well TIT, and what will be will be!

Good luck to the brave.

Screw this Island, anyone want to buy a bar cheap? :o I found some place better! :D :D

I would think the main thing that is needed is a proper waste water plant and FORCING all

reseidences, hotel and otherwise to connect to it. I would think this is the first thing to be done with a tourist resort

considering any normasl people go to a beach to swim and they don't want to swim in sewage.

Seems the thais can't understand this though

Let's get this back on track! Last issue, Samui Community March 15 -only 577 needed for Koh Samui to reach City Status- I've finally convinced 3 of my staff ,that they won't be struck down by lightning (or Bhudda) or lose their home voting rights or have to change their ID cards or anything else that could cause any problem what so ever for the rest of their or their offspring's lives ,(with a little sweetener thrown in to really convince them.)SO next week that total will be 3 less.

So then maybe Samui might have more funds to enable them to perform this list of tasks that obviously need to be done to get this island back on track! SIMPLE.

Let's get this back on track! Last issue, Samui Community March 15 -only 577 needed for Koh Samui to reach City Status- I've finally convinced 3 of my staff ,that they won't be struck down by lightning (or Bhudda) or lose their home voting rights or have to change their ID cards or anything else that could cause any problem what so ever for the rest of their or their offspring's lives ,(with a little sweetener thrown in to really convince them.)SO next week that total will be 3 less.

So then maybe Samui might have more funds to enable them to perform this list of tasks that obviously need to be done to get this island back on track! SIMPLE.

Sorry to be negative but allowing for the acknowleged fact that Samui is undoubtedly the prime source of Suratthani's tax derived income why would anybody on the mainland encourage/allow the final 577 to register?

Thaxs 'gus, wish we had a counter, that showed the amount on this thread, please keep sending the amount needed. :o Now at 574.

Thaxs 'gus, wish we had a counter, that showed the amount on this thread, please keep sending the amount needed. :o Now at 574.

Good work keep passing the message around. I only have 4 staff 3 who are registered already but one thought she needed a house number and I have just told her that is not the case so she is going to register next week.

Lets keep the momentum going by talking to friends aquaintances etc

Back to the garbage:

Here my daily experiences:

My son is in Nathon in Wat-Cheng-School. Every morning they have to clean up the court, 99 % plasticbags.

Why they have to clean up? Because many children are too lazy to use the garbage bins.

The teacher try to convince them to do better, but children do mostly what they can see at home.

I live with my thai-family, about 30 peoples alltogether in 6 houses. Only our house we use black garbagebags, the rest of the family just throw their garbage behind the house and burn it. They would never use a garbage bag because they would have to bring it to the Ringroad.

I mean: Before you wanna solve problem, you must have a problem. In the eyes of many Thais, garbage is not a problem.

Cheers from Nathon, Claude

Now about garbage and City Status:

Just went to the municipality to order waste disposal service together with a new garbage bin.

Answer: "We dont have anymore garbage bins. Next year we have again!"

Because it is just march I asked: " How many do you have for one year?"

Anwser: "Dont know, we get from Surathani."

There were 10 people in the office, nobody was working. But they were very nice!!

Now about garbage and City Status:

Just went to the municipality to order waste disposal service together with a new garbage bin.

Answer: "We dont have anymore garbage bins. Next year we have again!"

Because it is just march I asked: " How many do you have for one year?"

Anwser: "Dont know, we get from Surathani."

There were 10 people in the office, nobody was working. But they were very nice!!

The nail on the head !

That's exactly the point: Surat Thani decides WHAT, HOW MUCH, and WHEN Samui will get 'something'......(if there's any money left from the revenues from Samui, that is.... :o )

That's why Samui/Phangan/Tao need to be independent.

LaoPo

• 2 weeks later...