Fake watch seller who threatened tourist detained by police

rooster59

Fake watch seller who threatened tourist detained by police

52602880_2430319703677161_8024443366559186944_n.jpg

Image: Pattaya Eastern News

A seller of fake watches who said he'd be waiting outside to get a tourist when they left a beer bar has been arrested by the police in Pattaya.

Natthapong "Top" Petchsanan, 26, was featured in a two minute video after he approached a group of foreigners in a Beach Road bar area with his bogus wares.

After haggling over the price the trader was turned down and started making threats, said Pattaya Eastern News. He even threatened the tourists with the police.

After the video received much adverse comment regarding the image of Pattaya Lt Col Piyapong Ensarn of the tourist police and men from immigration arrested Natthapong. 

He claimed the tourist had thrown back the watch and had a go at his parents. His threat was an empty one, he said, but he was sorry for what he did and sorry for damaging Pattaya's image. 

He has been charged with selling fake goods and possessing fake goods for sale as well as causing a public annoyance and exhibiting threatening behavior. 

Source: Pattaya Eastern News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-16

Is it the same crook like last(?) year?

Very similar story from beach rd. with a US guy getting physical after the US guy had "thrown" the fake watch.

They are a plague particularly if you sit in the front.

Often being hustled when sitting at Five Star bar.

Never show any interest, look away, stay calm, "no thanks"/"mai ao krap", shake head and ignore.

After some time even the most notorious will walk on.

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I love it when criminals threaten people with the police. Not the first time I've read it on this site. They just don't get it is them that the police need to arrest. Hillarious.

Unfortunately, this does not work for the jet ski scammer yet

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is it the same crook like last(?) year?

Very similar story from beach rd. with a US guy getting physical after the US guy had "thrown" the fake watch.

They are a plague particularly if you sit in the front.

Often being hustled when sitting at Five Star bar.

Never show any interest, look away, stay calm, "no thanks"/"mai ao krap", shake head and ignore.

After some time even the most notorious will walk on.

He must like picking a fight during Cobra Gold with US Military. I wonder if he has won yet. He must be doing it for Thailand.

11 hours ago, doremifasol said:

"Chilling out on the beach, drinking a cool beer and  listening to good music......."

Ahhhh........this is the life!

Then this creep shows up. 

It may have happened at a beer bar but yes, that is what happens. Getting left alone is a struggle. Saying no thanks wears thin as you are interrupted for the 12th time  that hour, and if you simply ignore them they pull on your arm and you are constantly making sure your wallet is safely tucked away. I used to use a beer bar where the owner wouldn't let them in, but most of them near the beach let them come and pester without any consideration for the customers. 

Is that idiot pretending he has a gun or something?

The tourists were lucky the soi monkey didn't pull out a knife or gun from his shoulder bag. A motorbike taxi punk did it to me some years back.Another driver pulled him away thankfully.

Why do tourists still buy fake crap watches?

Fake Rolex &Taghuer are sold in China for about 100 baht.Just about everything here in los is Chinese fake.Even expensive rayban sunnies in shopping malls are often copies.

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He claimed the tourist had thrown back the watch and had a go at his parents. His threat was an empty one, he said, but he was sorry for what he did and sorry for damaging Pattaya's image. 

“He claimed the tourist had thrown back the watch”

Lie

and had a go at his parents”

Also a lie

His threat was an empty one”

That’s probably true 

he was sorry for what he did”

That’s definitely a lie

“sorry for damaging Pattaya's image.“

He’s been told to tell that lie

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

It may have happened at a beer bar but yes, that is what happens. Getting left alone is a struggle. Saying no thanks wears thin as you are interrupted for the 12th time  that hour, and if you simply ignore them they pull on your arm and you are constantly making sure your wallet is safely tucked away. I used to use a beer bar where the owner wouldn't let them in, but most of them near the beach let them come and pester without any consideration for the customers. 

Is that idiot pretending he has a gun or something?

More like " don't make me take my belt off"

He has the attitude of an abuser. 

Archived