Why Are The Condo Adverts In English?

Well??

I heard some guy from one of the big development companies (think it was Golden Land) tell an audience that young rich Thais were spending daddy's money to buy condos and townhouses like mad.

Were they planning to live there? A bit of an evasive answer as I recall.

So hey - since the farangs aren't in a position to live here more than a few months a year - why ADVERTISE IN BLOODY ENGLISH????? Why not THAI????? No Thai buyers? How many farang buyers could there be now??? he, he..

"Oh - look Sheila, we can buy a bloody place right here in Bangkok...only 300 hundred bloody thousand dollars!" where's me cheque book? What - underneath me sheepskin -- ah your a darlin'..

Edited by thaigene2

The elite of Thailand generallly speak, read and write English perfectly.

Many were educated overseas, and some actually read better English than they do Thai.

A majority of the readers of the Bangkok Post and Nation are Thai.

Some of The rich Chinese -Thai, who may not speak such good English, do not need such ads to inform them where good property deals are to be found.

I think adverstising Condos for sale in English will hit the right target market sure enough.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

Mobi hit it on the head.

English ads reach Thais with a higher standard of education. On the whole, these tend to have a higher disposable income than their non-English speaking counterparts.

So having the Ad in English is not purely about targetting the Farang (although thats always welcome) but it actually helps to qualify the target market too.