Swedish tourist tries to kill himself on the day his visa ran out

webfact

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....perhaps I should consider suicide when my 30 days visa expires...see how that will work out....heck, lets all just start killing ourselves off in the hopes Thailand will change all the rules again and while we are at it, the ones still alive can start a Gofund page to repatriate our coffins back to farang country of origin...

RE - Swedish tourist tries to kill himself on the day his visa ran out

OMG, I knew it has been a challenging situation in Sweden lately because of their asylum policy, but I didn't know it was so bad ...

https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-10-29/swedens-shift-right-has-immigrants-worried

....perhaps I should consider suicide when my 30 days visa expires...see how that will work out....heck, lets all just start killing ourselves off in the hopes Thailand will change all the rules again and while we are at it, the ones still alive can start a Gofund page to repatriate our coffins back to farang country of origin...

You go first then.

[emoji88]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, Chicago Bull said:

I feel for the guy.

These new visa restrictions are going to create lots of hardship for many people in the coming months. 

What kind of a world are we living in? Where has the humanity gone?

$$$$$$$$

There has never exist any humanity when it comes to visa's anywhere except for those who qualifies for asylum ...

1 hour ago, allanos said:

With all of their renowned cradle to grave social security, the land of milk and honey which is Sweden has one of the highest suicide rates in Europe (but not the highest). 

Britain (and Italy's) rate, for example, is far lower. 

How does one interpret that?

Maybe they are just being very considerate of their fellow citizens by ending their burden on society.

6 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Yep, how many farang discover they've been paying rent for the Gf's ' loving brother'. Thai girls take old farang for fools leading to suicide or alcoholism.

And smart old Farang twist these girls into pretzels.

8 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

I wonder if he ever considered to GET A NEW VISA <deleted>!!!!!

Idiocracy...it's real!

I wonder if he ever considered going home and doing a days work, thousands of the <deleted> in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Yep, how many farang discover they've been paying rent for the Gf's ' loving brother'. Thai girls take old farang for fools leading to suicide or alcoholism.

None that I have ever met in the years that I have lived here and none of my friends either.

But then again none of them met their wives in bars.

7 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Pretty selfish and despicable to attempt to make an innocent driver the means of his death.....

7 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Pretty selfish and despicable to attempt to make an innocent driver the means of his death.....

For this man to be aware that his behaviour could be considered “selfish” and wrong because because it could cause harm to others, he would need to be able to think rationally and in a sane way, but he can’t because he’s mentally unwell.  If he was sane and rational, the Police would have arrested him, but they didn’t because he’s unwell.  I think this man needs a lot of care,  compassion and understanding not criticism.

11 minutes ago, Paul52 said:

For this man to be aware that his behaviour could be considered “selfish” and wrong because because it could cause harm to others, he would need to be able to think rationally and in a sane way, but he can’t because he’s mentally unwell.  If he was sane and rational, the Police would have arrested him, but they didn’t because he’s unwell.  I think this man needs a lot of care,  compassion and understanding not criticism.

Yip a tall building and a bit of a shove, eeeeee I believe I can can fly. Sod off attention seeker.

7 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

I think any farang who is blinded by love and considers suicide or alcoholism if perhaps not accepting the fact that he allowed a female to dupe him and should learn from his experience rather than look at either ending his life or becoming an alcoholic, it's called manning up, you know get up off the ground where the horse threw you and get back on another horse, the wiser for the next attempt.

1 minute ago, Inepto Cracy said:

Yip a tall building and a bit of a shove, eeeeee I believe I can can fly. Sod off attention seeker.

Bit harsh mate, man clearly has mental issues, dont knock him, 1 day it could happen to you.

Speaking from my own experience.

Well at least he is getting help, one would hope, unlike the poor Thai Lady in her early 40's who committed suicide in Hua Hin Last evening by laying down on the rail lines just as the train was going to go past the crossing near the new roundabout. 

R.I.P.     :sad:

8 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

It is called mental illness not selfishness. Take some time to read about mental illness or deal with someone that is mentally ill and you will understand the issue.

True the innocent driver will suffer and all who witness the death and all who love or like the deceased. But selfishness doesn’t factor into the tragedy.

If the guy is successful in killing himself in the future I hope the driver will get some counseling. 

9 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

I wonder if he ever considered to GET A NEW VISA <deleted>!!!!!

Idiocracy...it's real!

Have you not considered that possibly he tried to get a new visa but because of the new "hoops" he was denied one, and that is why he was in such a state? 

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Why? A sane and rational person is not going to kill himself over a visa. Anyone at risk, will also be at risk for many other reasons. Thailand is chock full of mentally ill  foreigners. look at the forums and you will see people listing their diagnosed illnesses like  mania, alcoholism, bipolar disorder, OCD, schizophrenia, depression etc.  

Your post is a complete contradiction of itself!

In answer to "Expect the suicide rates to go up soon" you say:- "Why? A sane and rational person is not going to kill himself over a visa." And then you say "Thailand is chock full of mentally ill foreigners" which are exactly the type of people that are likely to attempt to commit suicide over a visa!!!

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Next on immigration's list of things to do to make immigrants feel welcomed...3 copies of a certified letter from your required mental health exam before issuing a long term visa extension.  

They should do this. In my time here I have seen many people who would have failed. This is not the place for mentally troubled people. Unfortunately, mentally/socially troubled people flock here in droves.

Forget mandatory health insurance. If this keeps up, Thailand might start requiring expats have funeral insurance.

All joking aside, immigration changes are no doubt triggering anxiety and depression among some expats who have limited options because of their finances and age. Going home isn't a viable option for everyone. Sadly, you probably are going to see more suicides. It would be nice to see a little more solidarity in the expat community.

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

If he was really trying to kill himself,he would have walked slowly,

but whatever ,pleased he was detained and been taking care of,

might just be a coincidence that his visa was running out,must

be more to this story,hope it all ends well.

regards Worgeordie

maybe he will feel better when he finds out its only 500 baht a day overstay , he should be well in 2 days 

Archived