Divorced fathers Raising There Childern

nongkhaidude

Hi,

I suppose there must be at least some men both Thai and Foreign that have taken on the responsibility of raising there Childeren after a relationship ends with there Thai spouse.

One of obvious question is stay in Thailand or move back to the country you came from ( if that is even a option ) and if you are already older say your 50s or 60s with a young Child how hard is it going to be on the Child and Father where they are clearly not the norm.

Another big one is if you are a older guy and your Childern are not going be 18 or so until you are in your late 70,s how do you deal with that.

Do you hire help ?

These are just a few of the issues that one would face and I wonder how common it actually is is ?

what ever you do if children are born in thailand do not bring them to your country like i did in Australia their friends make fun of you for basically doing the right thing for your child my one alongside her friend called me loser as they have more rights here and women who pretend to honest and loyal and lie to you about happy family betray you don't make the same mistake as i did as things change, I still keep that photo how was made fun of my expartner and her friend calling me a loser now I know can never trust a thai woman again

On 2/21/2019 at 11:03 PM, kanga09 said:

what ever you do if children are born in thailand do not bring them to your country like i did in Australia their friends make fun of you for basically doing the right thing for your child my one alongside her friend called me loser as they have more rights here and women who pretend to honest and loyal and lie to you about happy family betray you don't make the same mistake as i did as things change, I still keep that photo how was made fun of my expartner and her friend calling me a loser now I know can never trust a thai woman again

Interested in hearing a more detailed clearer explanation of your experiences

I would definitely take my kids to Australia if i left my wife or she passed away. I would have the family support and i couldnt careless what anyone thought solong as the kids are brought up in a fair, un military government. My wife and i want to move to Aus but arent financially able to so we waste our years scratching heads at the television, warring with neighbours, arguing with police, etc... Miserable... I regret chising to live here decades ago. What an idiot! I love going back to Australia once a year we have the best fun.

17 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

I would definitely take my kids to Australia if i left my wife or she passed away. I would have the family support and i couldnt careless what anyone thought solong as the kids are brought up in a fair, un military government. My wife and i want to move to Aus but arent financially able to so we waste our years scratching heads at the television, warring with neighbours, arguing with police, etc... Miserable... I regret chising to live here decades ago. What an idiot! I love going back to Australia once a year we have the best fun.

You raise a good point about whether to keep a foot in each camp by maintaining financial assets in the home country. I have got 10 years or so before I fully retire and I am going to leave whatever money I make in the west, just in case. Ive already bought considerable funds here (to my way of thinking anyway) and Im not willing to keep filling this basket. If one day I choose to leave or Thailand chooses for me I have no intentions of creeping back to Australia or the UK on the bones of my ars*e

On 2/22/2019 at 3:03 AM, kanga09 said:

This doesn't seem to make sense.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:03 AM, kanga09 said:

Goodness. Not a grammar police officer or anything but a couple of sentences or paragraphs would have helped understand this! Cheers!

2 hours ago, JRG23 said:

Goodness. Not a grammar police officer or anything but a couple of sentences or paragraphs would have helped understand this! Cheers!

Yes, Kanga, if you have the time, please provide more information. 

I've got to say it, I reckon you've been living in Thailand too long, not a full stop, just the one comma.

It probably would have made more sense if it was written in the Thai language. LOL

It is not easy to be a single father in Thailand either. Working offshore there is no chance to deal with a kid 100% anyways. And to whoever calls their X a bitch, or whatever the not nice name might be.Don't even go there. That's the same ass calling your self a stupid <deleted>. Work out a deal that works for the kid and her side of the family is my best advice. Having gone through the court system it does give you some advantages to have a kid here. (Never married in the first place). Visa being a parent is much easier then retired or married and if you want to buy things you cant put in you're own name you can use the kid's name. Much less paperwork.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, nongkhaidude said:

Another big one is if you are a older guy and your Childern are not going be 18 or so until you are in your late 70,s how do you deal with that.

Do you hire help ?

I've hired a gf and she helps with the kid, former wife also comes round several times a week.

One of the women drops him off at school at 7:30 in the morning, I collect him at 5pm in the afternoon.

It isn't all that much effort, at 7 he's fairly independent, just needs transporting around.

Was playing Gears of War 3 with him for 2 hours after school, then he's off to watch youtube cartoons. 

His 20 year old sister lives with us at weekends.

Former MiL is staying this week, she's my age, not much use but the kid loves her.

What interests everyone more than anything is his ultra-white skin colour, he can't be Thai they all say.

I'm 63, don't see what my age has to do with anything, nobody here cares.

If I pop off, there are plenty in the family ready to take over.

Mom's a bit useless, I expect his sister would end up having him.

Why were they calling you a loser? You weren't clear.

Having a failed marriage/LTR seems to be the norm as far as I can see.

I think it would generally be better to take the kid to the home country, particularly if the education system is better. They can decide later in life whether they want to return to Thailand, or stay in the home country. The age thing wouldn't bother me ... the kids that I knew from school who had older father's tended to be more mature. 

3 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I think it would generally be better to take the kid to the home country, particularly if the education system is better. They can decide later in life whether they want to return to Thailand, or stay in the home country. The age thing wouldn't bother me ... the kids that I knew from school who had older father's tended to be more mature. 

I disagree,

In his home country speaking Thai and English gives him no advantage, and he will end up with no Thai language skills.

In Thailand he's special and talented in a ways most of his peers can't compete.

The west ain't that good a place for young people these days.

Stark reality is, no thai woman will touch you with a barge poll, your three kids will always come befor them and its lost money in their eyes. Outlaws in my situation are a useless lying bunch of thieving....^%&&* try getting a trustworthy nanny...no chance...its basically life on your own or look elsewhere for love. Returning to your home country may sound easy, well it aint and thats not to do with financials, its the bureaucracy but at the end of the day, I can sleep easy with a clear conscience..hey washing and ironing can be more fun than soi 6

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I disagree,

In his home country speaking Thai and English gives him no advantage, and he will end up with no Thai language skills.

In Thailand he's special and talented in a ways most of his peers can't compete.

Agree contemplating relocation October this year have always thought child better of being raised in Thailand . 

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm hearing similar from friends back in Aus.

I was looking at going back due to the offshore work drying up, lots of jobs in Aus for me.

I have a good English friend, I met him here. He was working as a teacher here and has a Thai child, he got a job in Australia and now works as a teacher in QLD, he has nothing nice to say about the school and the students. the kids a very disrespectful. 

Archived