Another Attack On Samui

John 1

what has this got to do with samui?

its people that are the problem, not the island.

please stop blaming the island for these problems, the only reason we know about half of this is because its reported to us.

theres millions of other crimes around the world we are not aware of. why? because they are not reported so therefore we assume its a paradise safezone.

samui is a beautiful island despite its mass developments etc etc, i love the island and thats why i am returning there in 3 days time.

and as for all this international mafia BS LMFAO. you not in england now people, let me correct something for anyone thinking this, if there any mafia in thailand, there thai blood, thai people run thailand and thai people only.

Bloody hel_l.... SBK? Hello? Hello? :D

Hit the report button on your left and report what your problem is. You usually get a fast reply.

Stick, look at the time of your post. Midnight! I do have a life and I do sleep sometimes. As SamuiJens says, use the report button, the mod on duty at the time will handle it. Thanks endure. :D

Amazing how a discussion of a simple bar brawl turns into the "blame the Brits" "blame Samui" blame whoever game. Drunk people got into a fight. Wow, what a surprise. :o

Hit the report button on your left and report what your problem is. You usually get a fast reply.

Stick, look at the time of your post. Midnight! I do have a life and I do sleep sometimes. As SamuiJens says, use the report button, the mod on duty at the time will handle it. Thanks endure. :D

Amazing how a discussion of a simple bar brawl turns into the "blame the Brits" "blame Samui" blame whoever game. Drunk people got into a fight. Wow, what a surprise. :D

sbk are you sure you were only sleeping? :o

Sorry but could not think of a better way to make post number 500.

Some of the threads on this forum recently have been more like a pub brawl. Hi to Jens , Sticky and sbk.

Am now back in Samui for a couple of weeks so I can keep an eye on things.

By the way, I am English and have never had a fight in a pub.

Amazing how a discussion of a simple bar brawl turns into the "blame the Brits" "blame Samui" blame whoever game. Drunk people got into a fight. Wow, what a surprise. :o

Well said SBK. These unfortunate incidents happen all over the world particularly when alcohol is involved. It happens on Samui and it makes the Bangkok Post, british mafia are allegedly involved and it is blown out of all proportion.

No-one seems to know that facts including me so I will reserve judgement until someone enlightens me.

Report from the latest Samui Express newspaper, a Dane John Terry Petterson shot and killed in what looked like an execution, happened in December. A Thai shot and killed near the pier in Nathon 12th Feb, body of a Thai found under a bridge in Mae Nam he appeared to have been killed else where and dumped there. 3 people killed in motorcycle accidents on the 8th Feb. It's time to take care, I know this happens around the world but Samui is a small island and so much happening, and this is only what's in the paper, who knows what's not reported.

Report from the latest Samui Express newspaper, a Dane John Terry Petterson shot and killed in what looked like an execution, happened in December. A Thai shot and killed near the pier in Nathon 12th Feb, body of a Thai found under a bridge in Mae Nam he appeared to have been killed else where and dumped there. 3 people killed in motorcycle accidents on the 8th Feb. It's time to take care, I know this happens around the world but Samui is a small island and so much happening, and this is only what's in the paper, who knows what's not reported.

Just wondering what your problem is with Samui, did your business fail? Were you ripped off? You could say exactly the same kind of thing if not worse for Phuket and Pattaya in recent weeks. IMHO they are all much the same in terms of danger, and if you go to any of the local forums on TV there will be people similar to you putting the area down and people who live in the area trying to cover up the faults.

There are quite a few Murders in Thailand (mostly business related), and the roads are dangerous everywhere, it is not just localised to Samui, I will admit though that Samui's roads are marginally more dangerous than most other areas of Thailand, and there is evidence in accident stats to support this.

I'm not running Samui down just highlighting some fact's not everybody gets the Samui Express and this news is not in the Bangkok post, if you don't like it stiff, I've lived on Samui over 17 years and seen it all, and no my business didn't go broke and I don't have a axe to grind.

I'm not running Samui down just highlighting some fact's not everybody gets the Samui Express and this news is not in the Bangkok post, if you don't like it stiff, I've lived on Samui over 17 years and seen it all, and no my business didn't go broke and I don't have a axe to grind.

Feeling a tad defensive john? :D Actually, I wasn't referring to you at all :o

I don't have a problem with discussing these things but dislike the hysterical attitude that some posters take as if it only happens on Samui, that Samui is somehow unique in its problems or that it is so rapidly going down the toilet that nothing can be done.

Same goes for anywhere, in fact. Everywhere has its problems, nowhere is "paradise". Regardless of what some people think a place is or was, it has never been "paradise". As I like to say to people who tell me I am so lucky to live in "paradise". "Even Paradise had a snake".

I'm not sure people are singling out Samui because they have something against it or just because this is the "Koh Samui & Koh Phangan Forum".

Actually, judging from the vehemence of some posters, yes I do believe they are singling out Samui.

It's just another screwed up part of human nature. On my favorite sports team's forum it seems like half the people there must be fans of other teams the way they are constantly complaining. Why anyone would want to spend all day on the forum of a team/place/whatever they don't like seems a bit psychotic to me. Not that I'm calling anyone here psychotic - yet. Let me hang around this forum for a longer time before making that call.

Pol Col Peeraphan Tunjai, chief of Samui tourism police, said it was likely the two British men were members of a mafia-type organisation on Samui and might know the pub owner, who is also a British.

Oll come on.....

Yeah, Rick and Dave, the heavy mob :D

Seriously, I hope this was just a drunken misunderstanding, like the sort that happens anywhere, between "pissed-up" customers.

Although, you do get the odd "Herbert" in Black Jack, some residents, some longtime visitors, and some guys on holiday, most just go in there and talk shit and get drunk. :o

Sad for all concerned :D , I hope that the guys who run "Black Jack" aren't effected by this... :D

RAZZ

Did they own the Halifax bar in Lamai

Baxter

Edited by baxter123