Up to 15 British ministers may vote to stop UK from leaving EU on March 29: Bloomberg

webfact

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Which is why I replied "Are Indians Westerners?". My original statement was "Britain is the most class conscious society in the Western World"

How many degrees have you got? 555

Ah yes. My error.

Just the one.

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I understand Brexiteers don’t like to refrain from hatred, harassment and abusive language. Good they didn’t add lies, conspiracy theories and hogwash to the list; I guess she would have left immediately. 

Ironic that the hatred, harassment and abuse was instigated by remainers as soon as the referendum result was out.

4 hours ago, rixalex said:

I don't currently have the time to trawl back through pages and pages of threads to find your exact quote, but this is one that expresses the same sort of sentiment, and there are plenty of others.

Why bother denying something you openly admit to?

Because you used quotation marks. Don't do that if you don't want to be pulled up for it.

I do think it makes sense to prefer peoples who are likely to integrate.

4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

You don't want to tell us where you live then. I thought not.

I currently live in Phuket

I plan to retire to Denmark

Previously I lived in (in chronological order):-

Bangkok

California (Los Gatos)

Heidelberg

Bamford, Derbyshire

Harrogate

Alresford, Winchester

Austin Tx

Copenhagen

Born, Cambridgeshire

York

Edinburgh

Culloden, Inverness

Durham

Rotherham

Idle, Bradford

Audenshaw, Manchester

Bristol

Middlesborough

Happy now? You want dates? Addresses? Wives? Cars?

I have NEVER seen a knife attack or an acid attack. I guess I am just unlucky?

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Previously I lived in

Bangkok

California (Los Gatos)

Heidelberg

Bamford, Derbyshire

Harrogate

Alresford, Winchester

Austin Tx

Copenhagen

Born, Cambridgeshire

York

Edinburgh

Inverness

Durham

Rotherham

Idle, Bradford

Audenshaw, Manchester

Bristol

Middlesborough

Happy now?

How come you've never lived in Blackpool? Too many proles there?

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

True, but zero mobility in the UK. Recognised as the most class conscious society in the Western World.

For top jobs, it's all about who you know, not what you know. Vey similar to Thailand. It holds Thailand back and it holds the UK back. 

It's easy to observe the phenomenon, both here and in the UK, that the higher up the social ladder you go, the less intelligent people appear to be.  The top of the social ladder in the UK are the Royal Family, who are highly educated simpletons. People all too often equate education with intelligence when, in fact, there is no correlation whatsoever.

Oh, I think you're a little hide bound there.

Certainly the aristocracy has suffered from inbreeding.

Inherited wealth does mitigate against ambition and hardwork. I admire those self made billionaires who become philanthropists rather than put their offspring into a position where they don't need to work

There is no corrolation between education level and inate intelligence.

I can quote many examples of people who are well educated but show little intelligence

I can also quote many examples of people who are intelligent but have little or no education

Then there are those who show no signs of intelligence and no education either. I won't name them

Then there's me ????

What was was your point?

The British obsession with class?

British gross inequality?

The rich are rich?

The aristocrats are aristocratic?

My point is that education lubricates social mobility better than Castrol LM or Vaseline.

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

How come you've never lived in Blackpool? Too many proles there?

Never considered it. Not really my cup of tea. Took my son to see BB King play the Winter Gardens there. He got a guitar pick from the great man. They also had a Harry Ramsden's which was nice.

37 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Previously I lived in (in chronological order):-

Bangkok

California (Los Gatos)

Heidelberg

Bamford, Derbyshire

Harrogate

Alresford, Winchester

Austin Tx

Copenhagen

Born, Cambridgeshire

York

Edinburgh

Culloden, Inverness

Durham

Rotherham

Idle, Bradford

Audenshaw, Manchester

Bristol

Middlesborough

Happy now? You want dates? Addresses? Wives? Cars?

I have NEVER seen a knife attack or an acid attack. I guess I am just unlucky?

Like many others you have little experience of living in the culturally enriched environment that London now embraces. It reveals how little you know of the problems we now face. I was born there. 

In spite of being accused of being a racist I have known two black mothers of those involved in fatal knife attacks and a couple of victims and perpetrators of such attacks. My son knew one victim, the 39 year old decorator who got his throat cut for refusing to give a junkie a cigarette in SE London a couple of weeks back. He was a grafter who had never been in trouble and probably never had a fight in his life.

I knew another who served 13 years for manslaughter who stabbed two other blacks to death when they attacked him with machetes. He's a pleasant enough fellow who just struck first when he knew he was in danger.

It's just part of their way of life wherever they live. It may be in their genes or their DNA but it's definitely in their systems somewhere. They are the same in the USA while Johannesburg has among the highest murder rates in the world.

I knew a black lady who just despaired at what her people were like in spite of readily acknowledging they were inclined to violence and murder.

Last night according to the news on LBC there was one shooting and several stabbings in London although I did not pay enough attention to hear if any were fatal. No one bats an eye any more and these incidents are now an every day occurrence in crime ridden London.

That's without the Islamic problems where their radicals target us white Londoners and Mancunians.

Merkel's inviting millions of potential criminals and terrorists into Europe and eventually and inevitably the UK was the final straw that made the British working people who have to live among these undesirables vote to get out of Europe.

You don't understand these sentiments because you don't live in the culturally enriched areas of the UK. Our kids can't even ride push bikes about in many areas without having black bullies blatantly push them off the bikes and steal them. 

Rather than try to understand how it affects us it's much easier to accuse people of racism if they as much as mention it. But throwing the R word about no longer cuts the mustard where those who live in such areas are concerned.

3 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Like many others you have little experience of living in the culturally enriched environment that London now embraces. It reveals how little you know of the problems we now face. I was born there. 

In spite of being accused of being a racist I have known two black mothers of those involved in fatal knife attacks and a couple of victims and perpetrators of such attacks. My son knew one victim, the 39 year old decorator who got his throat cut for refusing to give a junkie a cigarette in SE London a couple of weeks back. He was a grafter who had never been in trouble and probably never had a fight in his life.

I knew another who served 13 years for manslaughter who stabbed two other blacks to death when they attacked him with machetes. He's a pleasant enough fellow who just struck first when he knew he was in danger.

It's just part of their way of life wherever they live. It may be in their genes or their DNA but it's definitely in their systems somewhere. They are the same in the USA while Johannesburg has among the highest murder rates in the world.

I knew a black lady who just despaired at what her people were like in spite of readily acknowledging they were inclined to violence and murder.

Last night according to the news on LBC there was one shooting and several stabbings in London although I did not pay enough attention to hear if any were fatal. No one bats an eye any more and these incidents are now an every day occurrence in crime ridden London.

That's without the Islamic problems where their radicals target us white Londoners and Mancunians.

Merkel's inviting millions of potential criminals and terrorists into Europe and eventually and inevitably the UK was the final straw that made the British working people who have to live among these undesirables vote to get out of Europe.

You don't understand these sentiments because you don't live in the culturally enriched areas of the UK. Our kids can't even ride push bikes about in many areas without having black bullies blatantly push them off the bikes and steal them. 

Rather than try to understand how it affects us it's much easier to accuse people of racism if they as much as mention it. But throwing the R word about no longer cuts the mustard where those who live in such areas are concerned.

So you're a Brexiter? Correct? I didn't want to make a false assumption.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Of course every word is true, but I don't see how this relates to Brexit. Leaving the EU would make not one iota of difference.

Some would argue that it would make the situation worse. Currently, the French police do conduct a degree of cooperation with British immigration officials with a number of officials working in Calais. This has caused a big reduction in illegal immigrants coming in through the ports via lorries etc. So much so that migrants are now resorting to using dinghys to paddle across the channel. After Brexit I could see all cooperation ending and the French providing the immigrants with said dinghys.

Expect the flood of migrants from across the Channel to return.

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

So you're a Brexiter? Correct? I didn't want to make a false assumption.

Jesus but you're a clever fellow.

Is that the best response you can come up with after all that college and university 'education' I probably helped pay for.

What an absolute waste of time and effort. How do I get my money back

12 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Jesus but you're a clever fellow.

Is that the best response you can come up with after all that college and university 'education' I probably helped pay for.

What an absolute waste of time and effort. How do I get my money back

If I said what I really thought I would probably be suspended. In view of your provocation, you are now ignored. 

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Of course every word is true, but I don't see how this relates to Brexit. Leaving the EU would make not one iota of difference.

Some would argue that it would make the situation worse. Currently, the French police do conduct a degree of cooperation with British immigration officials with a number of officials working in Calais. This has caused a big reduction in illegal immigrants coming in through the ports via lorries etc. So much so that migrants are now resorting to using dinghys to paddle across the channel. After Brexit I could see all cooperation ending and the French providing the immigrants with said dinghys.

How does anyone know that the number of migrants getting into the UK by lorry has reduced. Is it because the politicians have said so.

Very few North Africans etc could get across 22 miles of often rough sea in a dinghy at this or any other time of the year. It's easy enough in a motorised RIB but few of those in Calais could acquire such a craft..

I made the crossing in a 25 foot sailing boat in summer and that was no cake walk. Being sea sick would be the least of their troubles. If you get caught in a current and the wind is against you you'll wind up in the North Sea or the Atlantic Ocean. Dinghies are not sea going vessels and the Channel can be a very rough stretch of water at any time.

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If I said what I really thought I would probably be suspended. In view of your provocation, you are now ignored. 

Oh please don't ignore me. I so value your experience and the valuable input that your superior intellect and education has contributed this subject..

Try and express your views and opinions in a way that won't get you suspended. It should be a cake walk for someone as smart as yourself and who spends as much time at a keyboard as you apparently do..

11 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

How does anyone know that the number of migrants getting into the UK by lorry has reduced. Is it because the politicians have said so.

Very few North Africans etc could get across 22 miles of often rough sea in a dinghy at this or any other time of the year. It's easy enough in a motorised RIB but few of those in Calais could acquire such a craft..

I made the crossing in a 25 foot sailing boat in summer and that was no cake walk. Being sea sick would be the least of their troubles. If you get caught in a current and the wind is against you you'll wind up in the North Sea or the Atlantic Ocean. Dinghies are not sea going vessels and the Channel can be a very rough stretch of water at any time.

13 hours ago, SheungWan said:

So then, leftists and Blacks cannot be Englishmen. Great example of Brexiteer IQ.

Not every Brexit voter was a racist, but every racist was a Brexit voter.

Reminds me of a very funny Father Ted clip where he makes fun of Chinese eyes, only to look up and see three Chinese tourists looking in at him as he’s doing it. He then walks out the door and sees a local man who says “I hear your a racist now Father” ... worth a You Tube search.

9 hours ago, Spidey said:

True, but zero mobility in the UK. Recognised as the most class conscious society in the Western World.

For top jobs, it's all about who you know, not what you know. Vey similar to Thailand. It holds Thailand back and it holds the UK back. 

It's easy to observe the phenomenon, both here and in the UK, that the higher up the social ladder you go, the less intelligent people appear to be.  The top of the social ladder in the UK are the Royal Family, who are highly educated simpletons. People all too often equate education with intelligence when, in fact, there is no correlation whatsoever.

in Norway, such is frequently referred to as being promoted beyond one's level of incompetence

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I think you may be mistaken on that. The co-operation has been pretty good and no reason to suspect it wouldn't continue at least around the Channel Tunnel which will continue to operate. The risk is not if there is Brexit but rather a chaotic Hard Brexit.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

That's one of those motorised RIBs (Rigid hulled Inflatable Boat) that I referred to, not a dinghy. Two completely different animals.

It seems that such craft are now being made available to the migrants in Calais. The Frogs are probably supplying them in order to dump their unwelcome guests upon us.

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

That's one of those motorised RIBs (Rigid hulled Inflatable Boat) that I referred to, not a dinghy. Two completely different animals.

It seems that such craft are now being made available to the migrants in Calais. The Frogs are probably supplying them in order to dump their unwelcome guests upon us.

"probably" = making things up.

Archived