PM Prayut visits Finnish boy savaged by dogs in Krabi

webfact

PM Prayut visits Finnish boy savaged by dogs in Krabi

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha paid a visit yesterday to the five year old Finnish boy who was attacked by a pack of stray dogs on Ao Nang beach on Wednesday evening. 

The PM spent almost one hour talking to the Appo, the father of Emmi, and the family in a room on the second floor of Krabi Nakharin International Hospital. 

He gave the family a sum of money, reported Thai Rath. 

Appo thanked the PM for taking the trouble to visit and take the matter seriously. 

General Prayut told the public not to feed strays and said that this was also the desire of members of the Thai Royal Family. 

Earlier the Krabi governor M.L. Kitibadee Prawit had ordered action. 

Five dogs were taken in from the beach and will be monitored for thirty days. 

Thai Rath reported that most of the strays at the beach belong to construction workers who leave them there when their work is done. 

They said there are about 70 dogs on Ao Nang and nearby beaches. 

Emmi's condition has improved and doctors said they are monitoring him for infections and expect him to stay in hospital for two or three more days. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-22

Appo thanked the pm for taking the trouble to visit and taking the matter seriously, wrong mate.

He dont give a rats a++e about your child, just a good photo op.

Look at all the hospital staff taken away from caring for patients just to be in the photo make him look good.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Appo thanked the pm for taking the trouble to visit and taking the matter seriously, wrong mate.

He dont give a rats a++e about your child, just a good photo op.

Look at all the hospital staff taken away from caring for patients just to be in the photo make him look good.

I'd suggest it more appropriate to say the pm doesn't give a dog's arse.

Also, however many people are taken away from looking after patients to try and make the pm look good - that's just mission impossible. It's his attitude that needs changing, not his appearance.

Although looking on the bright side, the more there are following him around, it could take him longer to decide which victim to 'punch in the face'.

37 minutes ago, webfact said:

General Prayut told the public not to feed strays and said that this was also the desire of members of the Thai Royal Family. 

He had 5 years to address this problem. And what did he do? Squat! Now though, a great opportunity to try and look like he is a proactive PM.

Dog gonnit General PM. What did you accomplish?

If Prayut was genuine in his concern, he would have arrived at the hospital quietly, no cameras, no staff being paraded, no fanfare, but everything is stag-managed, to make it look like staff are happy to see him there.

Also it states he gave the family a sum of money, correct way to put it would have been, he gave the family a sum of  taxpayers money.

19 minutes ago, neeray said:

He had 5 years to address this problem. And what did he do? Squat! Now though, a great opportunity to try and look like he is a proactive PM.

Dog gonnit General PM. What did you accomplish?

With a bit of luck it might come back to bite him in the arse, like one of those dogs.

4 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Get rid of all the stray dogs in Thailand ( normally I like dogs and they like me but aggressive dogs which think the road or beach belong  to them : NO ! ) 

youve  given them a nice big "let out "  there by saying  "aggressive dogs"...........should  be  all dogs  period

Its time to depopulate the wild dogs whether you like it or not. They have become too many and most of them are sick carrying dangerous diseases. I love dogs when they are taken care of and happy but the conditions they are not suitable long term for humans.

They need a national strategy for this. 

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

With a bit of luck it might come back to bite him in the arse, like one of those dogs.

wishful thinking...that would be to good to be true but I keep my fingers crossed

All these things potentially add to lower tourism numbers (especially since the Scandinavians visit in great numbers every year). Time for Thailand to get this problem under control and start de-sexing programmes in earnest to cut numbers. This happens a lot in the south

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Five dogs were taken away to be monitored for 30 days.

" Monitored for what ? ) Are the Authorities worried that the dogs may have picked up a disease from the little lad ?

Pathetic response ( as always )

They wouldn't want the dogs to have picked up any 'critical thinking', would they. If one of the dogs later bites some locals, passing it on to them, where would it end?

Archived