Jump to content

American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed


webfact

Recommended Posts

American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

 

US.jpg

video screenshot

 

This is the moment a foreign tourist had to be restrained after getting into an altercation with staff after being told to leave a hostel

 

According to the footage shared on Reddit by user EatPrayFart, after a night out the backpacker had taken a girl back to the mixed dorm room he shared with 9 other people. The report alleges the pair then had sex.

 

The following morning the man was asked to leave the hostel with staff also demanding he pay 200 baht for allowing girl to stay in the dorm.

 

The man refused and the altercation, which was caught on camera, took place in the reception of the hostel. In the footage, the man can clearly be seen punching a member of staff from the hostel before being restrained by another Westerner.

 

The report also suggested the man was later arrested and taken into custody by police.

 

The report posted on Reddit read:

 

Here’s the story: guy books bed in 10 person mixed dorm. Guy goes out at night. Guy thinks Chiang Mai nightlife sucks cause the bars close at 12am. Guy finds out there’s a club that closes at 4am. Guy has too many drinks. Guy meets western tourist girl. Guy wants to have sex with western tourist girl. Guy thinks it’s ok to bring said girl to his dorm bed. Guy has sex in the dorm room at 4am. Guy thinks ‘I’m the man’. Guy is kicked out in the morning and charged for bringing the girl to his bed. Guy does not want to pay extra 200 baht ( ~$6.25). Guy thinks this is unfair. Guy resorts to using his fists. Guy punches Thai man in the face. Guy complains his shoulder hurts. Guy gets taken to Thai jail. Guy hasn’t been seen since.

 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-22
 
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she slept in the dorm then she slept in the dorm. No argument pay 200B.

 

Had he been in a real hotel and brought a bargirl "home", the room service bill would have been more than 200B !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

It's idiots like this that give decent Americans a bad rap. Kick him out of the country and blacklist him for 5 years. 

 

Try being British in a foreign country !

 

Polite Canadians would never do such things.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, delgarcon said:

Love the video maker's name, "EatPrayFart", now that's the way to live!

I suspect the name is based upon a three-word cliche in Thai detailing the three things the average Joe has time to do in between finishing work and going to sleep. The last activity is not fart but another four-letter word with the same initial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

All over 200B? You have to be joking. Thank god it's not a Brit for once. Mind you having said that I am sure you looked hard enough you could find a connection in the past somewhere. 

We laugh about 200B, but I recently saw a guy threaten to punch a waitress at a live music bar because she told him he couldn't drink the Changs he had smuggled in, all to save a difference of about 15 baht per bottle between 7/11 prices and the bar prices. 

 

No idea what nationality he was, but there are pricks in every country. I don't think any one nation has a monopoly on it

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:
4 minutes ago, delgarcon said:

Love the video maker's name, "EatPrayFart", now that's the way to live!

I suspect the name is based upon a three-word cliche in Thai detailing the three things the average Joe has time to do in between finishing work and going to sleep. The last activity is not fart but another four-letter word with the same initial.

Ha ha! You're on a different planet to me then.

The average number of times people fart in a day is around fifteen. I couldn't do the other option that many times in a day - well not for more than a week anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SammyT said:

We laugh about 200B, but I recently saw a guy threaten to punch a waitress at a live music bar because she told him he couldn't drink the Changs he had smuggled in, all to save a difference of about 15 baht per bottle between 7/11 prices and the bar prices. 

 

No idea what nationality he was, but there are pricks in every country. I don't think any one nation has a monopoly on it

It just amazes me. Thailand seems to get its fair share of the dregs of society. In fact, sometimes it seems like a magnet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This sad sack of shit is in for a world of trouble now. He will be lucky if he gets away with a week in jail and a huge fine. Anyone know what happened to the girl?

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If she slept in the dorm then she slept in the dorm. No argument pay 200B.

 

Had he been in a real hotel and brought a bargirl "home", the room service bill would have been more than 200B !!

The Voice of Experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

It just amazes me. Thailand seems to get its fair share of the dregs of society. In fact, sometimes it seems like a magnet. 

 

I suspect people hear outdated tales about this mythical land where everything is dirt cheap and for sale and they think they can just behave like the own the place. It annoys me even more when you realise in the scheme of western vs Thai wages, the 200B means way more to the person working in the hostel than it does to the prick who was just trying to get a free night's accommodation for his one night stand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to me that he said he paid it at 4 am, probably when he returned late at night with his girl. And as always happens in thailand, they tried to squeeze some money out of him at the time, and probably put it right into their pocket. Then she probably left a few hours before he attempted to check out, likely a new staff on duty at the front desk asked the girl which room she was coming from, and they noted it so they could hit him up for some more money on the way out, charging him twice for the same extra friend. That’s what happens when you stay at a small backpacker hostel place for 200B per night. If he was staying at a big hotel like Sofitel or Westin with 50 staff and electronic key cards they wouldn’t have known or cared who he came home with. I’m sure he had a valid argument for being ripped off. But he shouldn’t have resorted to violence and punched the guy. He should have just walked out and left.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SammyT said:

 

I suspect people hear outdated tales about this mythical land where everything is dirt cheap and for sale and they think they can just behave like the own the place. It annoys me even more when you realise in the scheme of western vs Thai wages, the 200B means way more to the person working in the hostel than it does to the prick who was just trying to get a free night's accommodation for his one night stand. 

Exactly. No respect. Were talking bus fare here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For all you guys commenting thinking it’s stupid, I hate to tell you more common than you think .

 

being in hotel business for 10 years in Thailand , this kind of thing happens weekly , and sometimes for less than 200 baht.

 

being reasonable simply does not work as these dumb dumbs do not understand. 

 

In perspective it’s less than a pack of cigs in his home country and yet they will behave like idiots.

 

mimd you this kind of stupidity is not limited to young ones, 60-70 year olds are the same 

Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

It's idiots like this that give decent Americans a bad rap. Kick him out of the country and blacklist him for 5 years. 

sentence before facts!!!!   sounds reasonable.  glad you are not in charge of anything......can only imagine your punishments to everyone without a trial.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

If she slept in the dorm then she slept in the dorm. No argument pay 200B.

 

Had he been in a real hotel and brought a bargirl "home", the room service bill would have been more than 200B !!

Shouldn't they have asked the girl to pay?

As far as I can see it isn't his problem and what's with the other white guy helping the Thais? No Thai would ever help a foreigner against other Thais.

 

PS. I always book a double room and tell them my 'local gf' is arriving later, no joiner fees.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My first solo trip to CM 30+ years ago was <Deleted>, i wandered Bar to Bar fro 8 Am to 2PM found nice Yum Yum and couldnt find my Hotel, she pissed of and i found it 6PM ready to punch myself.:burp: .

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

His bill just went from 200 to 20,000 baht. 

 

Question: In Chiang Mai, do the bars really close at midnight?

Yes they do.

Apart from Spicey (owned by police) and Living Room (all night drugs but frequently police outside).

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jasonsamui55 said:

But he shouldn’t have resorted to violence and punched the guy. He should have just walked out and left.

If you watch the video, he was being assaulted by staff at the time and unable to leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...