American backpacker in Chiang Mai PUNCHES hotel staff after refusing to pay for girl he brought back to his bed

webfact

31 minutes ago, jasonsamui55 said:

It seems to me that he said he paid it at 4 am, probably when he returned late at night with his girl. And as always happens in thailand, they tried to squeeze some money out of him at the time, and probably put it right into their pocket. Then she probably left a few hours before he attempted to check out, likely a new staff on duty at the front desk asked the girl which room she was coming from, and they noted it so they could hit him up for some more money on the way out, charging him twice for the same extra friend. That’s what happens when you stay at a small backpacker hostel place for 200B per night. If he was staying at a big hotel like Sofitel or Westin with 50 staff and electronic key cards they wouldn’t have known or cared who he came home with. I’m sure he had a valid argument for being ripped off. But he shouldn’t have resorted to violence and punched the guy. He should have just walked out and left.

Ever heard of occam's razor? 

"Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the one that requires the least speculation is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation."

Your one relies on a whole lot of speculation (just look at how many times you say probably/likely), with a dash of anti-Thai rhetoric to come to the conclusion you got to. Also, the bigger hotels can and do care about bringing women back to the room. 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

PS. I always book a double room and tell them my 'local gf' is arriving later, no joiner fees.

Therein lies the problem. This guy booked a room with 9 other people and still expected that he could bring a guest back for a bit of fun. Not only is he trying to cheap his way out of paying for the extra guest (as you clearly do), but he's enough of a <deleted> to think it's all good to disrupt the sleep and peace of the other people in his dorm as he pounds some other tourist while they try to sleep. 

I get with hostels it's a bit of a luck of the draw, and that thing isn't hugely uncommon in some places - but Chiang Mai hostel goers could expect a different experience to Ibiza hostel goers

55 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha! You're on a different planet to me then.

The average number of times people fart in a day is around fifteen. I couldn't do the other option that many times in a day - well not for more than a week anyway.

The farts are free and the other apparently costs ฿200

They’re all wonkers, the yank for trying to do a 200 baht runner, the silly cow of a hostel worker for kicking up such a stink and trying to grab his bag for the 200 baht unpaid and the other young tourist jerk for getting involved and trying to be a defender of the good... and lastly me, for even bothering to give a poo

48 minutes ago, Bullie said:

This sad sack of shit is in for a world of trouble now. He will be lucky if he gets away with a week in jail and a huge fine. Anyone know what happened to the girl?

She hasn't come out of the room.  She is only on guy number 7.

55 minutes ago, Bullie said:

This sad sack of shit is in for a world of trouble now. He will be lucky if he gets away with a week in jail and a huge fine. Anyone know what happened to the girl?

She didn't dare to ask him for her 200 baht so now she sleeps under the bridge...

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

I suspect the name is based upon a three-word cliche in Thai detailing the three things the average Joe has time to do in between finishing work and going to sleep. The last activity is not fart but another four-letter word with the same initial.

The name "EatPrayFart" is based upon the best-selling book Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia.  It is about a divorced woman's journey around the world to discover herself and find love.  The book was later made into the film Eat, Pray, Love starring Julia Roberts.

For all you guys commenting thinking it’s stupid, I hate to tell you more common than you think .

being in hotel business for 10 years in Thailand , this kind of thing happens weekly , and sometimes for less than 200 baht.

being reasonable simply does not work as these dumb dumbs do not understand. 

In perspective it’s less than a pack of cigs in his home country and yet they will behave like idiots.

mimd you this kind of stupidity is not limited to young ones, 60-70 year olds are the same 

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

His bill just went from 200 to 20,000 baht. 

Question: In Chiang Mai, do the bars really close at midnight?

Bangkok 112 visited Chiang Mai in 2017.  He said to start your evening early, around 6pm, because most Chiang Mai bars close at midnight.

1 hour ago, Snow Leopard said:

All over 200B? You have to be joking. Thank god it's not a Brit for once. Mind you having said that I am sure you looked hard enough you could find a connection in the past somewhere. 

I don't want to make this a race or nationality thing but seriously, westerners are the cheapest people you'll ever meet. Go to any hostel - they are full of westerners (farang) who complain about 5 or 10 Baht. Go to a 5-star hotel. How many westerners are there staying there? Very few. Who are the real poor people? Looks like westerners.

1 minute ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

I don't want to make this a race or nationality thing but seriously, westerners are the cheapest people you'll ever meet. Go to any hostel - they are full of westerners (farang) who complain about 5 or 10 Baht. Go to a 5-star hotel. How many westerners are there staying there? Very few. Who are the real poor people? Looks like westerners.

Really. Cheap Charlies. 

No mention of whether the western girl is being pursued to verify her credentials with regard to working illegally in Thailand on a tourist visa and without a work permit? .. Nevermind if the American backpacker paid for her services, or not, she deprived a local Thai citizen of potential income.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Polite Canadians would never do such things.

Any polite, resourceful Canadian (with an entrepreneurial spirit), would have at least offered the PPV (pay per view) option, to his fellow beg packer dorm dwellers.  Quick soi survival math, indicates 20b per viewer, would cover taxi and breakfast for the lovely (not so prudish) date

I'm going to take a contrarian view.

This hostel hosts international people, many not fully aware of the special "customs" here.

Yes when I was a backpacking youth (much younger than this guy) people having sex on the bunkbeds was a feature, not a bug.

Of course the backpacking man is not a candidate for the diplomatic corps, but seriously, people talking about 200 baht as petty. Who is petty? Perhaps the hostel? Why couldn't they just say go away you trash and don't you ever come back and while we're at it we're going to put up a sign saying no white American men … we've found they're troublemakers! 

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

I suspect the name is based upon a three-word cliche in Thai detailing the three things the average Joe has time to do in between finishing work and going to sleep. The last activity is not fart but another four-letter word with the same initial.

It is from the movie a few years ago about the woman who gave up every thing to find her self, cannot remember the exact title but it hat eat andpray in it and a couple of other words in the title

43 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Haha, that is so sad. Nailing some chick in a shared hostel room....GHETTO.

Can imagine the girl talking to her parents on skype today

"Yeah  Mum and Dad, the trip is going great. Got pounded in front of 8 strangers last night in a dorm room last night. Off to the temple today, hopefully the monks will bless me. Wish you were here"

Archived