Three UK ministers throw weight behind Brexit delay to stop no-deal

rooster59

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

The Remainer question was why no Brexiteers had a plan but were criticising from the sidelines? I've just given a couple of possible reasons but you appear to have answered the question yourself. You wouldn't like the deal a brexiteer could make. I guess that's the Remainer parliament position too.

Firstly, don't try to make any comment less valuable by putting a label on it.

Secondly, I did not ask a question, I made the comment that brexiteers had no plan and din't come up with anything.

33 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Checked - still doesn't say deal anywhere.

No need for another referendum - wasn't that your suggestion?

That was my suggestion in case you want to have a say in whether there will be a deal or not. Of course, you could as well just say that you are okay with either way, as long as the UK ends its EU membership, because that’s all you voted for (and even that the parliament didn’t have to implement). 

Yes - 17.4 million for ending EU membership. Any subsequent deal can go through parliament. Out full first.

Or parliament can sign a deal before leaving. “Out full first” wasn’t on the ballot paper either. 

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

...via the front door exposing an organisation clearly in cahoots with the govt and known to be on the payroll of the EU.

Ah, yes, and clearly related to the 3 UK ministers who want to make sure there will be no nodeal brexit.

And please, those conspiracy theories are laughable.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ah, yes, and clearly related to the 3 UK ministers who want to make sure there will be no nodeal brexit.

Yet you were strangely mute to the post to which I had initially replied, causing me to award you a 'chomper'...

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Biased being an understatement

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/

Continue with disinformation and face a complaint.

Behave.

Todays choice of guests demonstrates great balance: Gove, Watson, Allen and that bird who was forced out of Labour because she is Jewish.

The BBC does indeed report unconscionable fascist nonsense from UKIP, Robinson and assorted left wing nutters like Hatton and Corbyn.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/23/tommy-robinson-counter-film-protests-against-panorama-investigation-panodrama

45 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Fill yer boots you hypocrite.

I am very wary of TR, UKIP but have great faith in my own judgement in detecting political skulduggery and cannot ever remember being wrong. Feel free to Bercow the post as per your thinly veiled threat but be sure the initial post to which I replied goes with it if offering the ol' 'off topic' lark in order to justify the purge.

18 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Fill yer boots you hypocrite.

I am very wary of TR, UKIP but have great faith in my own judgement in detecting political skulduggery and cannot ever remember being wrong. Feel free to Bercow the post as per your thinly veiled threat but be sure the initial post to which I replied goes with it if offering the ol' 'off topic' lark in order to justify the purge.

If you are going to accuse anyone, including the BBC, then you better have facts to back it up.

I don't think you are off topic. I think you are wrong about the BBC and have provided proof.

In general, MSM may be as biased as it desires; but not the BBC. 

If TR and UKIP are of interest to you, fine. But spare the rest of us.

Fin!

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

That was my suggestion in case you want to have a say in whether there will be a deal or not. Of course, you could as well just say that you are okay with either way, as long as the UK ends its EU membership, because that’s all you voted for (and even that the parliament didn’t have to implement). 

Or parliament can sign a deal before leaving. “Out full first” wasn’t on the ballot paper either. 

No, this is what you said. No suggestion about having a say, not that there was any suggestion from either Remain or Leave about a deal anyway. 

6 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

There was no 2016 referendum for a no-deal Brexit. 

They can't sign a BRINO deal, which they are still trying to do. If they cannot be trusted to deliver the basic premise of Leave, then leave with No Deal.

And your ballot paper again? Did you really have one - were you eligible for one?

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/bbc/

Behave.

Todays choice of guests demonstrates great balance: Gove, Watson, Allen and that bird who was forced out of Labour because she is Jewish.

The BBC does indeed report unconscionable fascist nonsense from UKIP, Robinson and assorted left wing nutters like Hatton and Corbyn.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/23/tommy-robinson-counter-film-protests-against-panorama-investigation-panodrama

Brussels Broadcasting Collective is definitely biased towards the Left and Remain in all things political. You cannot make a position of balance based on one Sunday morning political programme. The link shows a distinct bias even if the calculation is probably is diluted down by other lefty journalists.

Tommy is there today only because thousands turned out on their very own BBC Manchester doorstep. Had it been elsewhere and not specifically about a corrupt BBC production, the event would probably been self-censored by the the MSM. 

18 minutes ago, Grouse said:

If you are going to accuse anyone, including the BBC, then you better have facts to back it up.

I don't think you are off topic. I think you are wrong about the BBC and have provided proof.

Fin!

When has there ever been more than one B-B-Brexiter on QT & how about this from the Express?

23 minutes ago, Loiner said:

No, this is what you said. No suggestion about having a say, not that there was any suggestion from either Remain or Leave about a deal anyway. 

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here. I said: There was no referendum about having a deal or no deal with the EU after leaving the EU. There was only a manipulated opinion poll about whether to leave the EU or not. 

They can't sign a BRINO deal, which they are still trying to do. If they cannot be trusted to deliver the basic premise of Leave, then leave with No Deal.

“BRINO” is a poor attempt of Brexiteers trying to get a say in things that never have been part of the referendum. As I said already, you only voted to end EU membership, so whatever deal the UK agrees with EU (or not) is not your business. 

And your ballot paper again? Did you really have one - were you eligible for one?

We were discussing what was written on the ballot paper. Not who was eligible for one. 

10 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

3 arch remainers who just want to overturn the 2016 referendum result or keep us tied to the EU with a BRINO. I can see these two now asking for another referendum.

They should resign from the cabinet like those have done who disagree with the PM. I wonder who is bankrolling them?

Easy enough to see what is driving the three of them.  They are members of the cabinet and won't put their name to a no-deal Brexit as it would do such damage to the country.  Nor do they want May's rubbish deal because it just let's everyone down.

May has more or less single handedly destroyed British politics with some help from Jeremy Corbin.  We can forget about politicians doing what is best for the country, that was never their intention.  

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

3 arch remainers who just want to overturn the 2016 referendum result or keep us tied to the EU with a BRINO. I can see these two now asking for another referendum.

They should resign from the cabinet like those have done who disagree with the PM. I wonder who is bankrolling them?

Completely right. With an historic landslide, overwhelming victory of 51,88% towards 48,11 %.. the U.K. had to leave immediately. Next Morning. Back to the glorious times of Queen Victoria. And the car and other making industry… happy to produce only for the U.K., as for their biggest market, the EU + its associates with a total of 55 % of the entire U.K. export.. with 10% import duty… out of competition. The British will eat their own meat, was.. with 40-44% import duty into the EU.. completely out of competition.  But do not worry, we can cope with that. Just as we British brought the Pound from 10 DM = 5 €uro to 1,25 €uro, we can bring the pound to one ounce = 4 €uro per Pound, so we can outsmart any competition. And the agreement of Good Friday, between the Northern and Southern Irish.. the f.ck.. we are GREAT Brittain, the hack to some red heared Irish natives. Brittania rules again ( at het own isles) . If ever the isolated continent wants to be a member state again… the British will accept generously the Schengen agreement, €uro, and right lane traffic.

It will be interesting to see who the Brexiteers blame if May's deal goes through.  They voted for Brexit without having any idea of what that consisted of apart from spurious promises made by dodgy car salesmen dressed up as politicians. 

So in theory they will have got Brexit albeit the worst deal imaginable, so mission accomplished.  If they say that May didn't deliver what they voted for, then their argument that there was "nothing about a deal on the ballot paper", then their argument falls flat on it's face.  If on the other hand they say that May never negotiated the promised deal then they admit that in fact they did vote based on those promises  Then the blame must go to the Brexiteer campaigners like Johnson, Gove, Fox and all the other bullsh*tters for pledging to deliver what was never, ever achievable.

They might just blame it all on May (the remainer), but then why did Johnson and the leavers vote her into power in the first place and why did nobody challenge her for the leadership when she was so weakened?  And why did Davis and Raab fail so miserably at bringing back any deal worthy of consideration.

So many questions...

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Fin!

You are arguing with guys who eat and drink RT + Fox.

54 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I don’t know what you’re trying to say here. I said: There was no referendum about having a deal or no deal with the EU after leaving the EU. There was only a manipulated opinion poll about whether to leave the EU or not. 

“BRINO” is a poor attempt of Brexiteers trying to get a say in things that never have been part of the referendum. As I said already, you only voted to end EU membership, so whatever deal the UK agrees with EU (or not) is not your business. 

We were discussing what was written on the ballot paper. Not who was eligible for one. 

Leaving the E.U. means LEAVING the E.U.

Leaving the E.U with the same deals is NOT leaving the E.U.

"Leaving" the E.U with deals is just staying in the E.U with different terms and conditions

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Leaving the E.U. means LEAVING the E.U.

Leaving the E.U with the same deals is NOT leaving the E.U.

"Leaving" the E.U with deals is just staying in the E.U with different terms and conditions

So by definition you feel that leaving the EU is leaving with no deal?  That is Brexit?

In that case why did the leave campaigners bang on about easy deals and the EU being desperate to do deals with us?  More to the point why has May, Davis and eventually Raab spend the last two years trying to negotiate deals with the EU?  Why now are MP's threatening to revolt if there ends up with a no-deal scenario?

I actually agree with your definition "Leaving with deals is just staying in the EU with different terms and conditions".  That is pretty much May's deal and according to her, that is the only deal on the table.  So what is the point of this Brexit?

Let's say, just for the hell of it, that there was a final vote and that was for,  no-deal, May's deal or no Brexit.  What do you think most of the people would vote for?  Not based on what you want or what I want, just what the majority, after all this chaos, would prefer.  I think it might be close

Archived