Laos to stop booze sales before 4:00pm

Cereal

3 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Why's that?

Not enough hookers?

No go go bars?

IMO, Laos is like TH was 20-30 years ago.

Plenty of Laos hookers, but they all come to work in Thailand.

My cousin has just hired a couple of them to 'waitress' in his Thai 'karaoke' restaurant.

Pays then 100bht/night + work papers, and they get to give their phone numbers to his customers for later. 

Edited by BritManToo

18 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

Laos is a fine place to visit and drinking Beer Lao by the Mekong River in Luang Prabang, Vientiane or Thakaek is relaxing, enjoyable and one of life`s affordable pleasures. For those who want to drink overpriced beer while playing pool with uneducated Isaan bar girls, better to stay in Thailand.

I agreed with everything you said.

Then you spoiled it with this arrogant, bigoted, unnecessary comment.

19 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

uneducated Isaan bar girls

19 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

uneducated

So, different to the Laos bar girls then, Ajarn?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, madmen said:

Another SEA country that treats its citizens like little children, and I thought Thailand was bad with its periodic daily bans but LAOS has taken it to a new level. What next, a maximum purchase of 3 cans of beer? It worries me when I see this level of control by the government.

Sure fresh bread and cheap wine is attractive but gorging on Fresh bread and after draining the 20th bottle of red and the honeymoon  is over people gonna start wondering how the hell they ended up in LAOS ??

I think you need a drink.????????????

It's both funny and a little sad how some who live so close, think Laos is still nothing more than a jungle entrenched village. The fact is, they are mostly correct in their thinking, however, the cities and especially Vientiane are pretty much the same as any other big city. We've got the malls and the grocery stores and western style hospitals and the infrastructure anyone expects to see and need.

What is noticeably lacking is the craziness, the wacko tourists, the blatant prostitution and the undercurrent of anger leading to assaults for no reason whatsoever with the exception of MATE Syndrome. 

That's Male Adult Thai Ego Syndrome. I just made that up! Pretty cool eh ????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cereal said:

It's both funny and a little sad how some who live so close, think Laos is still nothing more than a jungle entrenched village. The fact is, they are mostly correct in their thinking, however, the cities and especially Vientiane are pretty much the same as any other big city. We've got the malls and the grocery stores and western style hospitals and the infrastructure anyone expects to see and need.

What is noticeably lacking is the craziness, the wacko tourists, the blatant prostitution and the undercurrent of anger leading to assaults for no reason whatsoever with the exception of MATE Syndrome. 

That's Male Adult Thai Ego Syndrome. I just made that up! Pretty cool eh ????

You are not convincing anyone 'dude' The place is a filthy, boring, commie cesspit.

As for 'western style hospitals' hahahahahahaha.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

You are not convincing anyone 'dude' The place is a filthy, boring, commie cesspit.

As for 'western style hospitals' hahahahahahaha.

Well, everyone has the right to a wrong opinion. As for hospitals, have you been to the Alliance Hospital lately? The staff are fluent in English and mostly western trained. The doctors are predominantly foreigners.

And what exactly is boring? What are you, 18? You need a rave every night for something to be exciting. Me, I like to read, you should try it some day.

• Like 1

hard to enforce that outside Vientiane.

Beer Lao rocks for very low grade hangovers. Thai beer made me teatotal when I'm here. Poison and imported is sheer extortion pricing at supermarkets. Vietnam pretty great for beer prices and I read you can get Beer Lao at Laos pricing almost !

Lao always good for a short trip 2 weeks max, but it is very basic...some love that style and pace.

I like both countries.

As I read this I think it does not apply to "Laos" but just to Vientiane.  The 'law' is being enacted by the mayor of Vientiane so it would be reasonable to expect that other areas of Laos such as Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, and Savannakhet will not be affected (Yet).

https://laotiantimes.com/2019/02/20/vientiane-bans-sale-alcohol-4pm/

22 minutes ago, PREM-R said:

As I read this I think it does not apply to "Laos" but just to Vientiane.  The 'law' is being enacted by the mayor of Vientiane so it would be reasonable to expect that other areas of Laos such as Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng, and Savannakhet will not be affected (Yet).

https://laotiantimes.com/2019/02/20/vientiane-bans-sale-alcohol-4pm/

Good to know...I really dig sleepy Luang Prabang and a daytime beer goes down great.

• Haha 1

On 2/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, natway09 said:

Why should anyone need a beer before 4pm ???

Please explain what the magic in drinkink alcohol at night time is. Daytime is for drinking, nighttime for sleeping. Obviously you do the opposite, wonder why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Please explain what the magic in drinkink alcohol at night time is. Daytime is for drinking, nighttime for sleeping. Obviously you do the opposite, wonder why.

Easy, he's an alcoholic vampire.

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, Cereal said:

Well, everyone has the right to a wrong opinion. As for hospitals, have you been to the Alliance Hospital lately? The staff are fluent in English and mostly western trained. The doctors are predominantly foreigners.

And what exactly is boring? What are you, 18? You need a rave every night for something to be exciting. Me, I like to read, you should try it some day.

Turn it pal. No-one, and I mean no-one, wakes up and thinks I think I'll move to Laos.

If there is one world class hospital there now, then fair dues, happy to hold my hands up on that.

So because I think Laos is boring and filthy that means I don't read? Great logic that, well done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Essex Reject said:

Turn it pal. No-one, and I mean no-one, wakes up and thinks I think I'll move to Laos.

If there is one world class hospital there now, then fair dues, happy to hold my hands up on that.

So because I think Laos is boring and filthy that means I don't read? Great logic that, well done.

Really. I did. And I know many like me.

I don't know what "turn it" means. I don't know what your hate-on about Laos is all about. You get turned down by a Lao girl...like every time??? Or a Lao boy?????

3 hours ago, Cereal said:

Really. I did. And I know many like me.

I don't know what "turn it" means. I don't know what your hate-on about Laos is all about. You get turned down by a Lao girl...like every time??? Or a Lao boy?????

I bet you do know many like yourself, are you all part of a book club? Where did I say I had a 'hate-on' about Laos? I was stating what the place is like. I think Benghazi is a dump too, does that also mean I hate Benghazi too?

Now stop talking about Lao boys please, and get back to your books.

I thought this must be a joke when I read the title. Although it is only Vientiane it is absurd. The Lao are playing chase the moron and catching up to Thailand pretty quickly. I can't see this ever being enforced it will just be some bribes.

On 2/24/2019 at 6:22 PM, Cereal said:

Well, lets wait and see. I've lived here for over 13 years and it certainly can appear boring unless you know where to go and what to do.

I like that! It tends to keep the dregs of society away. They all go to Thailand LOL

The thing is, the majority of alcohol sales is beer and beer is available everywhere. The girl across my soi in her rinky dink hair washing place sells beer.

Oh well played, Sir! ????