Public urged to observe ‘hygienic way of life’ to avoid illness during high heat this summer

snoop1130

Public urged to observe ‘hygienic way of life’ to avoid illness during high heat this summer

By The Nation

cb39b4f36d1ec1fe2394316da8d5ea1f.jpeg

File photo

With particularly high temperatures predicted this summer, the Disease Control Department has warned the public about the danger of five food- and water-borne diseases, including diarrhoea.

It recommends that people observe a hygienic way of life through “Kin Ron” (eating hot meals), “Chon Klang” (using a serving spoon) and “Lang Meua” (washing hands), in order to prevent such illnesses.

Department director-general Dr Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoen on Monday said a particularly hot climate helped accelerate the growth of germs and bacteria that can cause food-borne and water-borne diseases, namely diarrhea, food poisoning, dysentery, cholera and typhoid. 

He cited Bureau of Epidemiology statistics showing that this year so far, 144,948 people had suffered from diarrhea (resulting in one death), 15,801 from food poisoning, 196 from dysentery, 155 from typhoid, and one from cholera. 

Besides urging people to observe “Kin Ron”, “Chon Klang” and “Lang Meua”, Suwanchai said they should cook meals with clean ingredients and use hygienic methods, washing fruits and vegetables repeatedly, avoiding the use of the same knife and chopping board to cut raw and cooked food together, and generally keeping the house clean. 

If falling ill from such diseases, people could initially aid themselves by sipping clean water mixed with oral rehydration salts to prevent dehydration, but they should seek immediate medical attention if the symptoms become severe, he explained.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364736

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-25

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Chon Klang” (using a serving spoon)

I even can't remember when i've seen serving spoons in Thailand, i guess never at all.

And washing hands? Even Burger King doesn't have a sink...maybe on the toilet but i won't go there.

Taco Bell has a sink though!

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

Woman up the road just died from tetanus, cut her hand in the garden. On asking the mrs if they had had the inoculation none had ever heard of it, don't think any of them have had any jabs at all

For years i carried my medical passport with me with all the vaccinations i've had..but it's so large and i never needed it.

So  the Disease Control Department is telling people to use common sense,

wash hands before a meal and after the toilet, only eat hot freshly prepared

meals, don't use a chopping board for cooked and uncooked meat,you would

think people should already know these basic hygienic rules,but with all those 

cases of diarrhea, food poisoning, dysentery, and typhoid. it seems not

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Be prepared to read this soon:

Only one day after the FDA and the Disease Control Department checked hygienic standards of street food vendors and wet markets, resulting in closure of 100 stalls in Bangkok, 500.000 vendors applied for a taxi license.

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 1

Why do these articles have stupid  phonetic thai inserts, {Kin} etc. Im sorry, but it annoys me as much as those ferangs who babble at 7/11 Cashiers, showing off their garbled Thai. Even the Thais just say Hi, OK and Thanks then get out the bloody way.!!. Not Old Ernie from Bradford, its always a Brit in a Hat and Chang B.O soaked vest.......:drunk: with its Plaintive Call of Sabadi Mi. to every one who passes by.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Not Old Ernie from Bradford, its always a Brit in a Hat and Chang B.O soaked vest.......:drunk: with its Plaintive Call of Sabadi Mi. to every one who passes by.

Funnily enough I saw two Germans (of course they may have been Austrians or Swiss) making utter plonkers of themselves last night...

12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Woman up the road just died from tetanus, cut her hand in the garden. On asking the mrs if they had had the inoculation none had ever heard of it, don't think any of them have had any jabs at all

My local hospital/clinic is always pushing Tetanus jabs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

Funnily enough I saw two Germans (of course they may have been Austrians or Swiss) making utter plonkers of themselves last night...

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

No one can do it like a Northern Brit, my lot are either too Drunk or Quiet, the Germans are void of any humour whatsoever, and the few Spanish we get here are to busy looking for a Bull to Stab. My Fav are the Australians who eat anything, enjoy life and a day in the Dunny is a way of life.

2 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Why do these articles have stupid  phonetic thai inserts, {Kin} etc. Im sorry, but it annoys me as much as those ferangs who babble at 7/11 Cashiers, showing off their garbled Thai. Even the Thais just say Hi, OK and Thanks then get out the bloody way.!!. Not Old Ernie from Bradford, its always a Brit in a Hat and Chang B.O soaked vest.......:drunk: with its Plaintive Call of Sabadi Mi. to every one who passes by.

Not 100% true.

It would be Mohammed Sing or Petal,  if he was from Bradford,  not Ernie.

Nice curries in Bradford.  sabadi, mate, would you like a new suit sir :smile:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 1

I am Old, I am sorry, but a Dog can be Born in a Stable, but he is not a Horse. A True North Brit wears a Cap, the right way round, goes on strike when the Daffodils come out to sympathise, yet is strangely immune to this Topic from having a Gut lined with years of Chip Fat.

I'm surprised that humans been able to survive no less have the population explosion experienced over the last 100 years without a central government telling them to wash their hands and cook their food.