Saudi boy forges documents to escape family to Thailand

webfact

Saudi boy forges documents to escape family to Thailand

Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief

Gulf News

saudiarabia2_resources1-large.jpg

File photo

Manama: A 14-year-old Saudi boy who forged a document to fly to Thailand has been reunited with his family.

Ahmad Hassan Basheeri, an eighth grade student in a middle school in Samtah in southwestern Saudi Arabia, repeatedly told classmates that he wanted to travel abroad and go away. The school management alerted his father about the plans he shared with classmates.

Ahmad, who has a passport, logged into a pre-travel account for minors and posing as his father gave permission to himself to travel abroad alone. He used the authorisation to book a ticket from Jizan to Jeddah, then onward to Kuwait, Doha and Bangkok.

One day before the scheduled flights, Ahmad opened an account on Twitter and posted that he was a victim of domestic abuse and that he faced death threats.

Full story:  https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/saudi/saudi-boy-forges-documents-to-escape-family-to-thailand-1.62302096

-- Gulf News 2019-02-26

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When I was 14, I didn't have a passport, nor did I have the money nor banking/payment ability to book an expensive multi-hop international airline flight...  Kinda wonder how this kid did???

Yeah, 14 is young.

I travelled abroad independently for summer at 15 though but my parents bankrolled it. 

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Why didn't he fly straight to Canada?

duh, probably he heard about the other muslims there pushing around the locals, and wanted a change from what he had at home??

plus:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/weather/ontario/toronto

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/th/weather/krung-thep-maha-nakhon-bangkok-metropolis/bangkok

summary: smart kid!

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When I was 14, I didn't have a passport, nor did I have the money nor banking/payment ability to book an expensive multi-hop international airline flight...  Kinda wonder how this kid did???

Could be multiple reasons why he did & you didn't !!

He had access to money you didn't

he had a passport you didn't

maybe when you were 14 there were less opportunities than there are now

his ability to use the internet & book things... just to get started.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Could be multiple reasons why he did & you didn't !!

He had access to money you didn't

he had a passport you didn't

maybe when you were 14 there were less opportunities than there are now

his ability to use the internet & book things... just to get started.

--When I was 14, there wasn't any internet for reserving or purchasing airline tickets.

--When I was 14, I didn't have the several thousand dollars to my name to buy a multi-segment international airline trip covering a handful of different countries, regardless of how it might have been purchased. I might have had $50 or so in a bank account at the time.

--But then again, I wasn't a Saudi teenager, where the government hands out oil money cash to everyone and their mother, brother, etc etc.