Settlement Refusal

well people its happened again

I have just recieved a copy of a refusal letter from my wife for her visa applicaton and i would like you to view it as many things are not correct,with what documents we submitted in the appliction,i have retyped the letter word for word and have put in my own comments in bold print,after reading this i would like your opinion and advice and suggestions on what path to take next.

thanks people mikeybee

refernce number :..................................

To kittima xxxxxx

Your application has been considered on the basis of the papers and documents submitted and with a interview.No interview was granted straight refusal had to find out by viewing internet no phone call as told.Iam aware that every opportunity to provide any documents you wish in support of your application.further more iam aware that enough information will have been made available to you to ensure that you knew in advance what documents we would normally expect.

VISA APPLICATIONS,LETTER OF RELATIONSHIP,FILE CONTAINING IN NUMBERED ORDER:

1.COPYS OF MY PASSPORT SHOWING CITIZENSHIP AND TRIPS TO THAILAND

2.COPYS OF MARRIAGE AND SON BIRTH CERTIFICATES IN THAI AND ENGLISH

3.BANK STATEMENTS,WAGE SLIPS,LETTER FROM EMPLOYER

4.EMAILS,TEL PHONE RECORDS,WESTERN UNION TRANSFERS

5.LETTER OF ACCOMMODATION AND MORGAGE AND COUNCIL TAX BILLS FROM MOTHER.

6.PREVIOUS VISA REFUSUAL PAPERWORK

You have applied for a entry clearance to the united kingdom as the spouse of michael david bray.My name is michael xxxxx xxxxx who is bray.however iam not satisfied,on the basis of probabilities,that your application meets the requirements of paragraph 281 in particular.

That there will be adaquete accommodation for you and your spouse(and any dependants)without resourse to public funds in accommodation which you or your spouse own or occupy exclusively. The house is owned by my parents and is three bedroomed with only my parents and myself living there why would we need public funds. That you or your spouse will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants adequatley without resourse to public funds. I have a job which i have submitted paperwork for and wage slips along with bank statements,in these bank statements my disposable income after bills is on average £800-£900,it also shows my contributions to kittima via western union.

Because

You have applied to join your spouse michael david bray again wrong name in uk.You share a son with your sponser,krit jamie xxxxx............. and have requested his application is considered in line with your application.

I note that you have provided a letter from your sponsers mother that there will be accommodation for you on arrival to the united kingdom i also note that your sponser resides at this address.however the evidence produced in support of accommodation was at best scant. Letter from mother saying we would be living at her house along with morgage and council tax documents.There is no indication as to the existing occupants of the property and any evidence that your arrival will not cause it to be overcrowded thereby breaching the housing act.As the visa application form asks for the occupants of the house and number of bedrooms,i would think this information has already been answered(my mother her partner and myself,by my wife and son arriving i do not see any overcrowding or breach of housing act,3 bedrooms allows 5 occupants in a house).The letter produced did not also indicate how long this offer is open for.i consider the offer to be overly generous and conclude that it had been made for purpose of the application only.I live at this address and have done for the pass twelve years,my mother has asked for kittima and my son to join me so why does this seem over generous.I am therefore not satisfied that there will be adequate accommodation for you,your son and your spouse(and any dependants)without recourse to public funds in accommodation which you and your spouse own or occupy exclusively or that you and your spouse will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants adequatley without recourse to public funds.

I have also taken account of the provisions of article 8 of the human rights act.I consider that refusing this application is justified and proportionate in the excercise of the immigration control.I note that refusing this application will not interfere with family life,for the purposes of article 8(1),which you can enjoy in the thailand.How can family life be enjoyed when the family is not together,surely man,wife and children being family should live and be in the same place.

I've removed some of the names in order to protect your identities. I hope without altering the essence of your post.

Right, there are various issues that immediately stand out. Evidently, you have the incorrect surname. This, in itself, does not make the decision wrong, but indicates that your wife's application hasn't been given proper scrutiny. Secondly, I don't know if someone from the British High Commission in Islamabad has recently transferred to BKK, but this ECO is espousing views on accommodation which are commonly used when refusing Pakistani applicants. The British High Commission in Islamabad, in every settlement case, expects to see a surveyor's report in order to substantiate a claim that the accommodation is big enough, and this is the first time that I have seen similar argued in BKK. In addition, they refer to refusal for financial reasons but have then not substantiated this claim. This, again, smacks of incompetence and ill-consideration of the application. Also, I think (but I'm not sure) that an application should not be refused on lack of accommodation alone. I shall look that up tomorrow.

I'm afraid I can't go in to details now as it's 23:00 and I'm up at 06:00, but, certainly, ensure you appeal. You should also complain to UK Visas stating how the decision is fundamentally flawed and has not been properly scrutinised. Also involve your MP, too.

Scouse.

This refusal is just so contrived it beggars belief.

It seems to me, and possibly any other normal sentient civilized being, that your wife has simply been refused because ' they ' thought they could rather than for any compelling reason that might justify the bankrupt notion the shiney arsed clerk of a visa officer is protecting the fabric of British society.

Any witless buffoon, even the dullest of dullbrained civil servants, realises that nobody under the age of 30 is living anywhere in Britain except with their parents not least because the housing market has become so bizarrely distorted. To gainsay what your parents have already vouchsafed in their correspondence supporting your wife's application by introducing a snide inference they failed to provide sufficient ' evidence ' of the available accommodation is beyond contempt not least because the whole process is based on the balance of probability and not some <deleted> surveyor's report supported by a sworn affidavit! Jesus H. Christ who in Britain gives a flying <deleted> if someone shares more than 1 room in a house anyway ?

Simply appeal the vacuous refusal and await the hearing. There is NO WAY this putrid, meanminded, stupid, ill founded, flawed ramblings of a decision will be sustained by an adjudicator.

The only real consequence of the idiot visa officer's decision is that your family's plan to settle in the UK has been delayed unnecessarily. Should you find yourself weakening in pursuing your fight just consider the fact that the gormless prat that has screwed your life is living the life of Riley in circumstances that he/she's own innate mediocrity could not possibly achieve otherwise, and all subsidised by the taxes you and your parents have paid over the years.

Christ, if this is the level of decision making in Wireless Rd then God help us. The truth of the matter probably lies in the fact that the arselicking lower middle management of the Foreign Office is only too happy to pick on easy, soft targets in order to meet some spurious performance indicator set by an equally sycophantic bean counter untrammelled by any conscience.

Nearly 2000 foreign ragbag convicts wander Blighty at will free to do as they wish and after all the hooha how many have been kicked out? Less than 200. But hey, the Home Office is getting tough, let's up the refusal quota and show just how ' robust ' Labour is on migration.

Go stick it to the tossers.

Below is a reply i sent yesterday to a related subject and yet another reply to mine, please indulge me read it then follow on later

I can only say benny me boy that if you dont know why your spouse/girlfriend wants you with her then you have never experienced the horrific grilling, the virulent diatribe she has to listen to and has to endure it with a smile on her face lest the interigator behind the screen take a dislike and fails them. Like everyone else on here, my mate knows this mate who knows someone in the embassy etc, but i got this from an ex- Bangkok entry clearance officer to my face in my old restaurant here in Thailand, he said they are told to go by the "P" rule when conducting interviews (Quaking now you little shits in the Embassy?) , it goes like this no matter what you have got letters , bank details etc you have the reality procedure is so: If the candidate is from a Powerful or a highly Positoned family, they are to be treat like Potential Princes/Princess's and visa's granted, if they are Powerless, Positionless and Poor they are to be treat like Potential Prostitutes or Ponces and you must do your upmost to find reason to refuse.

So Benny if you had to go through that type of prejudicial/hostile interview would you not like a shoulder to lean on.

Ewelve...having dealt with many many hundreds of applications I have to say : you are right in every respect and detail !

ps was the restaurant you refered to Jools on Soi 4 ???

This poor sod who started this thread has, i believe become yet another victim of this rule, if im wrong i deeply apologise but cant see it being other way by the sheer contempt they replied to you, now my point of this reply is this. Has anyone on here with the skills required (sorry Scouse but you seem to fit the bill for me) and got the balls, on behalf of not only 90% of the people on this forum but others here and at home who have been abused by and degraded by that bunch of prejudiced scum working in the UK Embassy to take them on?, you know fight back, use the media and even maybe demonstrations against the Embassy and the way they treat not the just Thai people but the CHOICE of UK citizens as to who they want to marry , live with, date, or even become friends with and would like them to visit our country, surely we have that right as as UK people.

I have my own horror story about the Embassy Reich and believe me its unbelievable and if need be i will tell interested parties but then one thing i want to state here and now as an example of how contemptible we are in the eyes of our own Embassy is the reply i got to the following statement. After my niece got refused a replacement students visa, (she had her passport stolen with a valid visa in it) and interview over i went into the room and told the ECO, that my two grandfathers and my father had died for their country to be fair and free and my family should have the right to invite anyone we saw fit to come to OUR country, the reply was, THEIR DEATHS ARE IRRELIEVANT .

You know guys lets tell it as it is, the worst case scenario as far as the Reich sorry Embassy is concerned is that your girl might run off and go on the game, well bugger me (not literaly), but if some dirty old sod back home get his rocks off and who knows maybe a rape of a child is stopped by nthis sod having another avenue is that not worth the risk, im not saying any of our lovelies would do that im just saying worse case scenario as the Embassies viewpoint. Its disgusting that we cant allow this 'maybe' into our country but are willing to allow families of terrorists in, people in who we cant even check their identities because of the clothes they wear, and then cant expell them when its proved they are risks. Why guys and girls are our little Thai Phillipino (they get it as well) freinds in with noneor negligable risk and invited by a UK citizen when we pander and kiss ass to this lot, the system stinks and we need to collectively grow some balls and fight back , well thats my opinion, what dom you lot think?

Regards Ewelve

Mikey,

Firstly ignore the unhelpful rants from the gent and ewelve. They contain nothing that will be of any use to you.

Secondly, get the notice of appeal put in, now.

Also write to the Entry Clearance manager immediately, detailing your reasons for believing the refusal to be incorrect and requesting that the ECM reviews the decision. There is no guarantee that it will be changed, but from what you have written this refusal is certainly perverse. If you don't ask, you wont get.

Finally, Scouse is the expert in this, and I'm sure his further advice will be worth waiting for.

But get that notice of appeal sent in, and contact the ECM now.

Also another idea might to be to write to your local MP in the UK. Presuming your child has British nationality, i can not see how they can refuse you, while Thailand has no respect for international law as in keeping families together, i believe Britain does. Anyway good luck.

BB

I'm sure that Mikey will correct me if I am wrong, but if I remember correctly his son was born before 1st July 2006 and Mikey and his wife were not married at the time. Therefore his son is not automatically British as before the above date British fathers could not automatically transfer their British nationality to their children unless they were married to the mother.

Unfortunately the refusal notice is correct on the human rights issue, as apart from anything else Article 8 of the Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms says

There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law......
The refusal of a visa application, if correct, is in accordance with the law.

However, I strongly feel, from what he has written, that this decision is incorrect, and so recommend Mikey to follow the courses of action I outlined earlier.

Edited by GU22

All visa officers will store templates of standard refusal wordings on their computers, the idea being that they just then fill in the blanks when writing out a refusal notice, thereby saving time. It would appear that Mikey's wife's notice contains incorrect names and makes reference to refusal upon grounds of maintenance, which is then not expanded upon, because the ECO has used a standard template and has not amended it properly to fit Mikey's wife's situation. Whereas this does not necessarily make the decision wrong, it is sloppy, unprofessional, and indicates that the application has not been properly scrutinised.

The essence of the refusal notice is that the ECO is not satisfied that sufficient accommodation exists. I have checked, and although discouraged, refusal can take place solely upon the grounds of accommodation. However, bearing in mind that the applicable legal standard is that of the balance of probabilities, it is not necessary to have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the claimed accommodation is available. It is therefore not necessary to provide a surveyor's report and I would argue that Mikey's mum's letter, council tax bill and mortgage statement more than attain the relevant standard. In submitting those documents, Mikey's wife has established to the required standard that she has adequate accommodation to go to in the U.K. and the ECO has failed to properly address that evidence. Furthermore, from Mikey's mum's letter, it should have been apparent that the offer of accommodation was open-ended, and for the ECO to say that he believes an offer from one's parent to stay in her house is "overly generous" beggars belief. He really is clutching at straws, and such a comment has no relation to the requirements of the immigration rules.

Unfortunately, there is going to be no instantaneous fix, as representations to the embassy visa section are unlikely to succeed because of their general belief in their own infallibility. Mikey should definitely appeal and whilst that is ticking along in the background, he can go to his MP, UK Visas complaints section, and perhaps the press in both Thailand and the UK.

The decision is evidently contrived and it is possible that having recently tried it on over divorces in Thailand, the embassy is now changing tack again, and believes it has found a different little ruse to justify dodgy refusals.

Best of luck,

Scouse.

GU22,

I think it fairly evident that there has been a significant change of culture within the Bankok visa section over the past year or so, a development which seemingly has passed you by.

Possibly you may take comfort in clinging to the fiction that the staff there prize sweet reason over and above pursuing their own increasingly petty meanminded agenda but for a mounting number of posters it is quite apparent that the opposite is proving to be the case.

The OP's setback I think marks a new low in poor decision -making by the visa section and prompted my 'rant' as you put it. Irregardless of the tone, I rather think I made quite relevant points which I am heartened to read have been echoed by the Scouser.

Of course you are free to post how you wish, as free as others are to decide for themselves as to which posts they may choose to consider. However, please try and refrain from elevating yourself to such a degree that you may presume to dismiss any of my posts. Frankly, you lack the necessary wit, style and knowledge although you do possess a certain doggedness that occasionally redeems you.

Toodle pip.

When i made the point about contacting your local MP before, i was presuming the child had a british passport, as this is what i would do, take my child back to the uk, contact a lawyer and my local MP in the uk as you tell me what british court will refuse the wife and mother of a british citizen to be with her family. Also i don't know the OP's current situation, but with the change in the marriage visa rules here in Thailand, you can state it is impossible for you to live together in Thailand.

Again my suggestion is take your child back alone, then your wife can appeal on human rights grounds.

Again good luck.

BB

The Gent, perhaps you could enlighten me as to which part of your post of 2007-02-28 08:09:39 is of any use to the OP?

If you want to let off steam and air all your grievances with and prejudices against the Bangkok embassy, fine. But why hijack a thread from someone who is in urgent need of advice in order to do so? How does that help the OP?

Burimboy,

Unfortunately your idea falls down on two points.

1) The child is not British and does not have a British passport (IIRC) and so needs a visa to enter the UK.

2) Even if the child was in the UK, the human rights issue is a non starter for reasons outlined earlier. Also, the child would be in the UK voluntarily and, being a Thai citizen, could return to Thailand at anytime to be with it's mother. Any separation would be due to the parent's choice, not the actions of the British government.

However, considering the mess the ECO has made of this, Mikey getting his MP involved may benefit him, certainly wont hurt him.

GU 22,

Pretty obvious, I would've thought.

What do people want from their diplomatic representation in a foreign country? Useful help and advice or bloody minded hindrance?

Your dismissal of Human Rights action is as baseless as the visa section's reference to it is disingenuous.

The OP has a child born out of wedlock but the birth has since been legitimated by marriage to the mother. Application to the Consular section to register the child as a British citizen is a simple matter involving production of birth certificates, marriage certificate, evidence of dissolution of any previous marriage, signed domicile questionnaire completed by the father and notarised paternity declarations made by both parents ( I have assumed the OP is a British Citizen ' otherwise than by descent). The application takes about 3-4 months and is routine.

The visa section knows this. The visa section also knows that when the OP takes his BRITISH son home to Blighty they are not going to refuse the mother's settlement application so lightly.And why do you think? Hey, it's all different now, the sprog ain't Thai and mum can't exercise her parental rights in Thailand if her family is in Britain, can she? Mmmmmmm.....Article 8 is looking a bit dodgy now and maybe the grounds for refusing the application, that maybe someone might have to share a bedroom and the visa officer thinks the grandparents are being a bit generous, aren't quite the way to go.

I'm afraid any respect for the visa section I may have had has long since evaporated. These people are mean minded little sh1ts.

Toodle pip.

Edited by the gent

It seems to me that when you want to do things by the book it doesnt always work!! Funny thing happened last year while still in UK, my Thai girl got a 6 month visa and stayed for 5.5 mths, in that time i took her to Europe on my motorbike, via Harwich/Hoek.Van Holland, we were first to the customs/passport control, the offical stamped her Passport and off we went, 6 days later on return, Passport control asked where is her Euro visa?? i said UK visa is ok? he said no, UK didnt join the Cheng? agreement with lifting border control the same as europe, there was a 20 min delay while they photocopied everything and called the man at time of arrirval, i think he got a severe bollicking,, anyway, they let us come home on next boat!! later that year, GF was refused a visa to come back to UK to help me sell up and move out, I ONLY thought about her aplying for a holiday visa to France,Belgium or Holland going to pick her up in the car, in the boot at customs ect, Just an Idea that 300 illegal imigrants do everyday!!as useual i sent her all the docs to apply for a visa, even letter from est agents that house is under offer , they refused because to them she would not have a fixed address in UK,

Mickey, it is not right that you should be forcibly sepperated from your wife and son, fight tooth and nail to stay together, appeals, MP letters, whatever it takes, try it and good luck to you, Lickey & Pan,,

I think the decision is completely flawed, but there are perhaps reasons why.

The OP says that his mother and his mother's partner live in the house. Therefore the house may be owned by someone who is no legal relation to the OP.

If they also got his name wrong, then it could appear that there are people with 3 different names staying in the same house.

Just clear up all the relationships (OP said he lived there for 12 years, so perhaps his mothers relationship is 12 yrs?) and represent the evidence, it should be sorted out, eventually. Provided you can get them to listen to you.

Micky

I haven't been following your application but did you do this application yourself or did you engage the services of an agent?

The name error in itself suggests gross incompetence on behalf of the ECO if you applied direct.

This application was filled out buy myself and checked and double checked before submitting.

Well thanks to everybody so far for writing in,So far i have emailed a copy of this letter to the complaints section at the embassy and wait a reply,i have also posted this letter to the embassy in bkk fao.senior ecm and iam now filling out the appeal paperwork,To where do you think i should send this to bkk or the uk.

As for the local mp that is also in hand.

Thankyou all once again,will keep you posted

Well thanks to everybody so far for writing in,So far i have emailed a copy of this letter to the complaints section at the embassy and wait a reply,i have also posted this letter to the embassy in bkk fao.senior ecm and iam now filling out the appeal paperwork,To where do you think i should send this to bkk or the uk.

As for the local mp that is also in hand.

Thankyou all once again,will keep you posted

You can send it to Bangkok, but my experience from following several cases is that they have trouble admitting their mistakes and not quickly will change. One advise that I want to give you is if you intend to get your MP involved this needs to be before you file your appeal. As soon as the appeal is logged with the AIT the MP can no longer intervene. So use the 28 days that you have as in general the appeal round will take several months anyway.

GU 22,

Pretty obvious, I would've thought.

Not to me, indulge me and please reveal the helpful advice hidden in your tirade.
What do people want from their diplomatic representation in a foreign country? Useful help and advice or bloody minded hindrance?
Obviously the former. I ask you, what do you think the OP wants; useful advice on how to proceed or a mindless tirade designed to bolster your already vastly over inflated ego?
Your dismissal of Human Rights action is as baseless as the visa section's reference to it is disingenuous.
Your opinion, which is wrong. Article 8 is qualified, as explained before. I have taken legal advice on this in the past, have you?
The OP has a child born out of wedlock but the birth has since been legitimated by marriage to the mother. Application to the Consular section to register the child as a British citizen is a simple matter involving production of birth certificates, marriage certificate, evidence of dissolution of any previous marriage, signed domicile questionnaire completed by the father and notarised paternity declarations made by both parents ( I have assumed the OP is a British Citizen ' otherwise than by descent). The application takes about 3-4 months and is routine.
100% correct, see you can be helpful when you put the ego away. But the OP has not done any of this, and so at the moment the child is not British. Up to him if he wants to follow this route, but as you say it will take at least 3 months, maybe more, and even when he has a British passport for his child there is no guarantee that his wife will get a visa as the maintenance and accommodation requirements still have to be met. (Although in the OPs case, they obviously are.) Edited by GU22

Mikey, it seems you are following the necessary path to get this corrected. It may seem small consolation at the moment, but remember that although you have this current obstacle you will overcome it and your family will be reunited. Although the ECHR does not apply the Immigration Rules do, and you meet all the requirements of those rules. Hopefully the ECM will see sense and overturn this ridiculous refusal, but even if it does go as far as the AIT, from what you have written, I can see no possible way they can uphold this decision.

Things, I know, seem bleak at the moment, but it is only a matter of time before you and your family are together.

GU22,

Oh for goodness sakes, get over it and move on. Your continuous nit picking and general obtuseness suggest to me that my earlier suspicion raised in another thread, that you are probably a woman, may well be true.

For the OP and any other interested party seeking relief from oppressive decisions by the State, applications to the Divisional court under the Human Rights legislation are not as simplistic as GU 22 would have you believe. Indeed, if ever there was a case of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing one needs look no further than GU22's post to find it.

Article 8 is qualified and subordinate to the interests of the State for obvious reasons. But the whole point of the OP's case is that one could reasonably argue that in arriving at its decision the State was not in accordance with the law since it demonstrably failed to consider the application on the balance of probability, the test that applies to immigration decisions, and that is why there are grounds for considering an application under the HR legislation. Also, there is the principle of proportionality that may also apply in the OP's case in that his family appear to have met the criteria for settlement in all other respects save for the contested issue which one might argue is insufficient to deny, in the OP's circumstances, the right to family life.

Anyway, it is all probably a little redundant since the application attracts the right of appeal however I thought it pertinent that the point be made.

GU22,

Oh for goodness sakes, get over it and move on.

So, you don't have an answer; no surprise there.
the whole point of the OP's case is that one could reasonably argue that in arriving at its decision the State was not in accordance with the law since it demonstrably failed to consider the application on the balance of probability,
Which is exactly why the decision is in contravention of the Immigration Rules, and therefore any appeal is bound to succeed. Provided the situation is as described by the OP, of course, which I have no reason to doubt.
Anyway, it is all probably a little redundant since the application attracts the right of appeal however I thought it pertinent that the point be made.
If "pertinent" means the same as "irrelevant" then you would be correct. But it doesn't.
Your continuous nit picking and general obtuseness suggest to me that my earlier suspicion raised in another thread, that you are probably a woman, may well be true.
This remark speaks volumes about you, your personality and your attitude to all those you consider your inferiors. Which seems to include all females and probably most males as well. You really must have a very sad and lonely life.

Now, let's leave this thread to those who have constructive advise to give. We have both massaged our egos enough. At least I have, I doubt it is possible in your case.

GU22, do you remember those Les Dawson's sketches when he dressed as a woman bolstered by a huge decolletage and in punctuation of his points he would cross his arms under his pantomime mammaries and raise them by a few degrees as if to emphasise his arguments whilst pouting lugubriously?

That, my dear chap (?), is how I am beginning to imagine you whilst pouring over your collected works of the most famous trainspotters of the 19th Century.

Get a grip, please.

"This remark speaks volumes about you, your personality and your attitude to all those you consider your inferiors. Which seems to include all females and probably most males as well. You really must have a very sad and lonely life"

GU22, do you remember those Les Dawson's sketches when he dressed as a woman bolstered by a huge decolletage and in punctuation of his points he would cross his arms under his pantomime mammaries and raise them by a few degrees as if to emphasise his arguments whilst pouting lugubriously?

That, my dear chap (?), is how I am beginning to imagine you whilst pouring over your collected works of the most famous trainspotters of the 19th Century.

Get a grip, please.

So it's handbags at 20 paces, then

Just a quick question with reference to getting a reply to my emails and letters sent to the embassy in bkk and also to there bbk office in london what sort of time frame should i expect,As we are all aware these places are not going to hurry themselfs but if anyone has done something like this let us now how long you waited.

patients is a little hard at the moment.

thanks again

Mikey,

Have you submitted the appeal form? If not, make sure you do that within 28 days of the decision to refuse.

With regard to your e-mails to the embassy, I'd keep chasing them. UK Visas complaints section undertake to respond within 20 working days; i.e. 4 weeks.

Scouse.

Hello mikey,

When our visa was refused I sent various emails to the embassy and got replies within a couple of days, i cant remember exactly, but the reply from ukvisas here in england took about 2 days, however it was just a pre-written letter stating that the case could only be dealt with by the embassy concerned.

Good luck

Mark

Hello mikey,

When our visa was refused I sent various emails to the embassy and got replies within a couple of days, i cant remember exactly, but the reply from ukvisas here in england took about 2 days, however it was just a pre-written letter stating that the case could only be dealt with by the embassy concerned.

Good luck

Mark

Yes Mark that is in my experience the disgraceful way they handle the initial query. Only when you persist will you get a personal reply. With UK Visas they can be helpful but you MUST keep on at them.