Marriage visa. Jomtien Immigration question

jesimps

For the first time in 12 years, I'll be doing my yearly extension via the marriage visa route using 400,000 baht in the bank. I'd like to know please, how recent do the following documents have to be? 1) kor ror 2 marriage entry; 2) Letter from bank verifying seasoning and updated bank book.

Thanks.

Kor ror 2  they have always accepted my original one.

Letter from the bank  same day

+  from my notes

As a reminder for me  if using the 400,000 baht in bank method
Jomtien want to see a transaction in the bank book from the day you are applying, even though this will mean that the
amount shown on the letter from the bank is now incorrect ( they can never be correct because the letter always shows amount from yesterday..... don't argue just do it )

20 hours ago, johng said:

A handful of years ago Jomtien Immigration told me to go get a newer Kor ror 2 to prove my marriage was still current, since that time I switched over to the retirement extension, less paperwork and hoops to jump through.

20 minutes ago, bbko said:

A handful of years ago Jomtien Immigration told me to go get a newer Kor ror 2 to prove my marriage was still current, since that time I switched over to the retirement extension, less paperwork and hoops to jump through.

with the new retirement rules all immigration offices will have to get used to doing marriage extensions, as many will change, they might not like it but they will have to start working for a living, i inquired at rayong for the details of a marriage extension and they just said to the wife, lots of extra paperwork, visits to home and witnesses, this follows on from refusing to do a conversion last year when all the boxes were ticked, forcing me to go elsewhere.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:04 AM, johng said:

Letter from the bank  same day

+  from my notes

I think I'll go to Sattahip and get a new kor ror 2 just to be on the safe side. The bank letter on the same day as the extension is going to be a beggar. I have a hike to Central Festival to my bank, which doesn't open until 11am. Then pick up the wife from school where she teaches in Ban Amphur and then on to Jomtien where goodness knows what they'll find to pick me up on. It's turned a short, straightforward trip into Jomtien into an all day affair. I'll miss my afternoon nap that's a cert. Now if I could just get the bank letter the day before........

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Jomtien  the definitely 100% want a letter from the bank same day and passbook updated with a transaction that day too.

No mention of updated Kor ror 2

They will come and do another home visit, "like they did last year" ( but never before that )

15 minutes ago, johng said:

Just back from Jomtien  the definitely 100% want a letter from the bank same day and passbook updated with a transaction that day too.

No mention of updated Kor ror 2

They will come and do another home visit, "like they did last year" ( but never before that )

They are still doing the Proof of Income from the British Embassy though?