Question about 90 day checkin when traveling

HI all hope someone can help. I have a Non-immigration 1 year visa that expires in December of 2019. My 90 day check-in is due on March 13th. I currently reside in Chiang Mai but was planning on a two month journey to southern Thailand. I was planning on leaving CM for Pattaya on March 6th. Can I check in with immigration in Pattaya? What documents would I need? Thanks in advance. 

13 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

If you really do have a "Non-immigration 1 year visa" you have to leave the country every 90 days.

Not if it it was non immigrant OA visa that allows one year entries. But I am almost certain he has one year extension of stay.

4 hours ago, Justin Side said:

If you really do have a "Non-immigration 1 year visa" you have to leave the country every 90 days.

Not "check in". 

The visa stamp says NON IMM. I applied for a retirement visa and I assume that is what it is with multiple entries. This will be my first check in so not really sure what I need to do for a check in. The reply that I had to do the check in at Chiang Mai was helpful. I guess I can look up the hoops that I have to jump on their web site. 

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only do your reports at the office where you applied of your extension.

So if somebody got his extension in Chiang Mai, then moved to Phuket, he has to travel to Chiang Mai to do his 90 day reports? I'm quite sure that what you said is wrong

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

So if somebody got his extension in Chiang Mai, then moved to Phuket, he has to travel to Chiang Mai to do his 90 day reports? I'm quite sure that what you said is wrong

I was responding to the OP's case.

If you moved permanently you could formally change your address and do your report at the new office.

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was responding to the OP's case.

If you moved permanently you could formally change your address and do your report at the new office.

The information that you give regarding this is missleading. How could somebody who stays in Thailand temporarily move his address permanently? This contradicts itself.

Thai immigration law (regarding people who stay in Thailand temporarily) knows just "address" or "place of stay", which is the place where you currently stay, doesn't matter how long you stay there.

If OP is in Pattaya, he could (probably is even supposed to, because the purpose of the 90 day report is to know where the foreigner is, so if he is in Pattaya and reports he is in Chiang Mai he is making a false report) just file a 90 day report there.

Edited by jackdd

53 minutes ago, BrahmaCat said:

The visa stamp says NON IMM. I applied for a retirement visa and I assume that is what it is with multiple entries. This will be my first check in so not really sure what I need to do for a check in. The reply that I had to do the check in at Chiang Mai was helpful. I guess I can look up the hoops that I have to jump on their web site. 

where did you get the visa, did you need a police report, what date are you stamped into the country to

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

The information that you give regarding this is missleading. How could somebody who stays in Thailand temporarily move his address permanently? This contradicts itself.

Thai immigration law (regarding people who stay in Thailand temporarily) knows just "address" or "place of stay", which is the place where you currently stay, doesn't matter how long you stay there.

If OP is in Pattaya, he could (probably is even supposed to, because the purpose of the 90 day report is to know where the foreigner is, so if he is in Pattaya and reports he is in Chiang Mai he is making a false report) just file a 90 day report there.

are you sure or just guessing

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

are you sure or just guessing

This is what the law says:

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-sections-34-39/

An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following:

If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division, in writing, concerning his place of stay, as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office, the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

So every 90 days you have to report them your "place of stay"

My interpretation of "place of stay" would be the place where you currently stay and not where you stayed last week

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is what the law says:

http://library.siam-legal.com/thai-law/thai-immigration-act-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-sections-34-39/

So every 90 days you have to report them your "place of stay"

My interpretation of "place of stay" would be the place where you currently stay and not where you stayed last week

siam legal are wrong on lots of things, they would also need a form tm28 and tm30, and no doubt still be turned away.

Edited by steve187

14 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I am only stating what the latest directive from immigration says. It states you have to do the report where you got the extension or where you are living. They did that to centralize the reporting to your primary office.

If a person is moving around the country they can do the report online or by mail to their home office.

A person staying temporarily probably would not be staying longer than 90 days in the country so they would not be doing the reports.

Edit: If you want to test what I wrote you could try doing your next report at a different office than your home office. Many people have tried and been turned away.