Disappointing First Extension of Stay experience in North East Province

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The reason I didn’t was because last year I tipped them for my reentry Permit which clearly meant jack. Had he not so deliberately bullshitted me I prob would of done so again. 

As I said previously they were off with me from the word go so it was t all about the tea money, although it got worse after the 500 was ignored granted. 

In essence he did you a favour . As you said , he advised boss was away for a week. Fact that it’s not convient for you is your problem not his .

But he did contact his boss instead of telling you to come back in a week. 

He did not need to contact his boss for you but he did .

Do you see the whole picture now?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

In essence he did you a favour . As you said , he advised boss was away for a week. Fact that it’s not convient for you is your problem not his .

But he did contact his boss instead of telling you to come back in a week. 

He did not need to contact his boss for you but he did .

Do you see the whole picture now?

Perfectly. 

3 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Always remember one immigration office isn't Thailand, been getting extensions of stay for 9 years never a request for tea money nor a try at it. In and out of the office every time. To bad about your experience unfortunately for you thats were you live.

Yeah I’m not trying to tie everyone with the same brush but as I’ve used them many times for reporting and it’s been very pleasant I was taken aback by their attitude today. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, moe666 said:

Always remember one immigration office isn't Thailand, been getting extensions of stay for 9 years never a request for tea money nor a try at it. In and out of the office every time. To bad about your experience unfortunately for you thats were you live.

Or maybe the attitude of the applicant!

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah I’m not trying to tie everyone with the same brush but as I’ve used them many times for reporting and it’s been very pleasant I was taken aback by their attitude today. 

Remember that all immigration offices have designated desks for designated jobs. There may be some movement from one desk to another but my experience is that these officers tend to stay on the same desk doing the same task for years. This was your first visit to the retirement extension desk. Previously you had visited the TM30 desk, a different desk with different officers.

• Like 2

Well, I am soon to make yearly extension trip and I hope it is as jovial as last year. Every thing checked out in just a few minutes. The IO handed me my passport and said all complete. I sat there and smiled and the IO frowned. I asked if it was now free? More frowns. I politely said that I hadn't payed the fee of 1900฿ yet and laughter broke out and then paid my fee. I think it is good to keep in mind that the IO's might have a problem with new requirements too as they are essentially 'piggy in the middle'. We don't know whether they are kept up to date of not or what the chief has told them.

17 hours ago, Kadilo said:

The reason I didn’t was because last year I tipped them for my reentry Permit which clearly meant jack. Had he not so deliberately bullshitted me I prob would of done so again. 

As I said previously they were off with me from the word go so it was t all about the tea money, although it got worse after the 500 was ignored granted. 

It wasn’t “tea money” that was just their normal processing fees for everything you were applying for extension usually 1900 Baht and I believe you said the reentry permit was 500 Baht.  It’s NOT a “tip”.  All that paperwork they process and the copies they make of everything and the service they are providing does cost money.  I read to many one side of the story posts like this.  Then again you did say that it was your first extension so you probably just don’t know the process yet I guess I’ve been there myself as well but I didn’t complain about it.  

Edited by Jim7777

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

You need to do some reading first before posting. Processing fee?  

Yeah I did we all pay the same processing fees for the same things at immigration.  Then again you did say that it was your first extension so you probably just don’t know the process yet I guess I’ve been there myself as well but I didn’t complain about it.  You have to be fully prepared at immigration.  It’s not totally free but it’s not expensive either 500 Baht is definitely not exactly tea money.  

Edited by Jim7777
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

And now more troll posts and etc have been removed making the topic much shorter.

Cheers for the cleanup but on reflection can you just close the thread. 

Sadly any discussion on here just attracts the usual trolls and personal attacks. 

Another lesson learned. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1