Visa overstay due to cancelled flight

41 minutes ago, BritTim said:
2 hours ago, elviajero said:

There is no way, meeting or not, that someone turning up at 7 am would not get a simple tourist extension the same day!

At some small immigration offices, it is easy to believe you would not get the extension the same day. Junior officials do not have authority to sign off on them, and the one or two officials normally responsible could easily be unavailable for a day. However, you would normally be allowed to submit the application, with the authorised signature being given the following day, without a fine assessed.

We are not discussing a small office or procedure. We are discussing the main immigration office in Bangkok. And there is no way someone turning up with the correct paperwork would not be seen and granted a tourist visa extension, IF they turned up at 7 am.

I overstayed because of the yellowshirt closure of Swampy. I was actually in departures when they attacked. Immigration cancelled my exit stamp, by the time i booked a new flight (no need to hurry, enjoying myself too much!) i was 5 days over. When going through immigration again at the airport, they spent about 3 minutes looking through my passport, no questions, just stamped me out eventually.