US man, Thai woman arrested in raids on cannabis factories

webfact

5 hours ago, quandow said:

Glad they're going after these criminals and not going after the REAL criminals responsible for the #1 killer in Thailand - drivers on Thai roads.

Funny how some people think that just because the police in one part of the country make a couple of arrests every other investigation or form of policing is put on hold.  They then come out with the dreary, hackneyed "haven't they got better things to do".

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Its a plant. Like Pineapples or Orchidaceae. Easy. Weed is for smoking so as to give you the wowsmoothbrainaltered taste of that yummy, sweet, juicy pineapple going down your gullet while you stare at the Orchidaceae.

Hell if you run out of weed, just put your pineapple scraps in a bucket with some Yeast and bread and make some pruno.

Plants are GREAT!!!!!!

Wouldn't pineapple pruno be a little sour?  I have often wondered what to do with them, I see them for 3 baht per KG sometimes, I thought about wine but I think it will be too acidic.

1 hour ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:
8 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

But you see it everyday. There is guy in my condo who talks of buying a house, well through his girfriend (wife?). She is a good 20 years younger and has chatted me up on a couple occasions in the car park. uh huh. 

Lack sanity ... its there. It is an accident that is going to happen.

Sounds like you mor hansum man than her present model.

I'm sorry if you lack perception, yet there is little I can do about that.  :thumbsup:

Me ... I'm staying away from both of them. I want no part in any of this. My comment was only ................ You Can See It Coming ................. 

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

Looks like the American may be doing 20 years in the big house

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

Looks like the American may be doing 20 years in the big house

I read today that the maximum fine /sentence for that he did Is 15 years in prison or a fine up to 200,000 baht.

13 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Joshua Pate is nuts, apart from Bali, Thailand is the last place for someone to get involved in cannabis production. I blame Netflix ... Narcos and Breaking Bad made him do it. 

Malaysia,Singapore,Vietnam,Saudi Arabia,China,Iran and many others countries kills you for that. Thailand you can get away with a fine or 10-15 years In prison... so not the worst place to be caught.

15 hours ago, SweetStickyRice said:

Would I be correct to say that medical cannabis is now legal in Thailand? So much news about it one can never be 100% certain. If it is, we going to see many stories like this in the near future. The government and the big players are cutting in on the action. Well, taking the biggest cut. I hope that ordinary people / farmers get the privilege to also make money out of this.

That said, the farang gets 10 to 20 years, and the Thai 500 Baht fine and a wai, maybe a finger point for humiliation for them and entertainment for us.  

The jails in thailand has allot of Thais in it, so I think your assumption of a 500b fine for a thai is not correct.

21 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

Oh god, there goes my supply.

Tongue in cheek, I no longer use weed. But it would be better to legalise mary jane and really crack down on yaba use.

Because, little crime is done with mary. Yaba is not only dangerous to the user, but everyone else within punching distance.

Way ta go, thank you ... You sir nailed it in just a few words  ... to bad the so called "authorities" haven't a clue ... mary jane not a threat, yaba makes every user a threat

But you see it everyday. There is guy in my condo who talks of buying a house, well through his girfriend (wife?). She is a good 20 years younger and has chatted me up on a couple occasions in the car park. uh huh. 

Lack sanity ... its there. It is an accident that is going to happen.
What has this got to do with the topic at hand?

19 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Funny how some people think that just because the police in one part of the country make a couple of arrests every other investigation or form of policing is put on hold.  They then come out with the dreary, hackneyed "haven't they got better things to do".

It's not as if a bit of weed is harming anyone.

Especially now medical use have been given the go ahead.

24 minutes ago, jerojero said:

What has this got to do with the topic at hand?

'Sigh' .... The previous posters before that post, were going on about, yammering in fact, regarding  .... "lack of sanity" ... like this is abnormal for Thailand. I segued into a tangent that "lack of sanity" is all around, including in my condo building. just the day before. He won’t do jail time, but, conservatively this guy will lose, oh around 83,669.20 loonies. And I made mental note to avoid this couple at that time.  

If you don’t like it sue me.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:55 AM, SweetStickyRice said:

Would I be correct to say that medical cannabis is now legal in Thailand? So much news about it one can never be 100% certain. If it is, we going to see many stories like this in the near future. The government and the big players are cutting in on the action. Well, taking the biggest cut. I hope that ordinary people / farmers get the privilege to also make money out of this.

That said, the farang gets 10 to 20 years, and the Thai 500 Baht fine and a wai, maybe a finger point for humiliation for them and entertainment for us.  

Not sure it is available yet. When it is, it is only available from approved outlets (including traditional healers)

I also suspect it is more to do with hemp, and not the THC variety but I could be wrong.

One thing I know is that you may not grow your own.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:55 AM, SweetStickyRice said:

as has been said many times it will be licensed by the government to specific companies. Not leagal as of yet. They have opened a growing facility to aquire safe pot as the confiscated stuff contained to many toxic chemicals to be used for medicinal products. As has been said as well only medicinal pot will be legal not recreational use

On 3/1/2019 at 10:33 PM, ericthai said:

The jails in thailand has allot of Thais in it, so I think your assumption of a 500b fine for a thai is not correct.

especially selling drugs banged up in a heart beat

On 3/1/2019 at 10:46 AM, Nyezhov said:

Its a plant. Like Pineapples or Orchidaceae. Easy. Weed is for smoking so as to give you the wowsmoothbrainaltered taste of that yummy, sweet, juicy pineapple going down your gullet while you stare at the Orchidaceae.

Hell if you run out of weed, just put your pineapple scraps in a bucket with some Yeast and bread and make some pruno.

Plants are GREAT!!!!!!

Navel oranges.  Doritos.  And gummy bears.  And burritos.  And......  :crazy:

Archived