Bernie Sanders gets personal as he hits the 2020 campaign trail

rooster59

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO if the Dems hadn't sabotaged him he would have been the president today.

However, now he's just old and apparently bitter.

His appeal to me were his policies, but if he's just going to talk about life when he was a kid, I give him zero chance of getting the nomination, though it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

Bernie had basically one speech. Even though what that speech contained most of all you needed to know about the biggest problems in America he finds he needs to broaden his message. Not because of the message but because of the sensibilities of the masses. He may end up having to kiss a baby or two.

52 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Yes.

I'm sure they, and everyone being assailed by Trumpism 24/7, would be very happy for normality to resume in the news media. 

Unfortunately, the man, in what used to be the most powerful job in the world, continues to make news that at times defies belief, and thus continues to make the headlines.

A man who is admired by a surprising amount of US citizens because of, rather than despite, his flaunting of law, misuse of power, and lie telling nearly every time he opens his mouth.

A man who attacks close traditional allies, disrupts world trade because of his selfish and distorted version of economics, and who regards the world's most dangerous dictators as good guys and his special friends.

I for one would love him to fade away to a bad memory and stop dominating the media.

If anyone doesn't want to see or hear Trump they have only to be selective in their media selection. The only time I see anything about him is when I very occasionally turn on Al Jazeera ( I don't bother with any other so called news channels ), and he is easily ignored in printed media.

To actually see much about Trump, I have to come to TVF.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If anyone doesn't want to see or hear Trump they have only to be selective in their media selection. The only time I see anything about him is when I very occasionally turn on Al Jazeera ( I don't bother with any other so called news channels ), and he is easily ignored in printed media.

To actually see much about Trump, I have to come to TVF.

True. I don't think I've seen him talk even a couple of minutes since he became president and I could only take about 5 minutes of one of the presidential nominee debates. Everything I needed to know about Trump I learned more than 30 years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

Bernie had basically one speech. Even though what that speech contained most of all you needed to know about the biggest problems in America he finds he needs to broaden his message. Not because of the message but because of the sensibilities of the masses. He may end up having to kiss a baby or two.

Sorry, Bernie can kiss as many babies as he likes, but IMO he has as much chance of winning as the proverbial snowball in hell. 

His time to shine was 3 years ago and it's over. Had he kept a higher profile since losing he may have had a chance, but he apparently has been very quiet.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, Bernie can kiss as many babies as he likes, but IMO he has as much chance of winning as the proverbial snowball in hell. 

His time to shine was 3 years ago and it's over. Had he kept a higher profile since losing he may have had a chance, but he apparently has been very quiet.

He hasn't been all that quiet. He's been visiting Red states.

• Like 1

It would be nice to see some young person, who can.  1.  Come up with the money needed, the support needed, and the smarts needed. 2.  Not be a person, who used to fanously say, (You Fired)

or  (Then I grabbed her p**sy, har, har), etc.

3. Not have too many skeletons in their closet.

Other wise I find that the two old guys who want the Donalds job,  to be as qualified as he is for the position of President. My opinion

Geezer

On the campaign trail:

https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-2020-campaign-slogan-is-rebuke-of-trump-i-alone-can-fix-2019-3

https://www.businessinsider.com/first-time-2020-voters-bernie-sanders-age-not-an-issue-iowa-2019-3

Love the t-shirt.

Anywho, in other news, I see Elizabeth Warren taking some trust busting stabs at Amazon, Google and Facebook today. Though I'm not her biggest fan I applaud her for that. Took some guts. Could be fatal for her though going up against interests that cashed up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warren-plan-to-break-up-amazon-facebook-google-big-tech-2019-3

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, lannarebirth said:

On the campaign trail:

https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-sanders-2020-campaign-slogan-is-rebuke-of-trump-i-alone-can-fix-2019-3

https://www.businessinsider.com/first-time-2020-voters-bernie-sanders-age-not-an-issue-iowa-2019-3

Love the t-shirt.

Anywho, in other news, I see Elizabeth Warren taking some trust busting stabs at Amazon, Google and Facebook today. Though I'm not her biggest fan I applaud her for that. Took some guts. Could be fatal for her though going up against interests that cashed up.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elizabeth-warren-plan-to-break-up-amazon-facebook-google-big-tech-2019-3

Probably knows she has zero chance of winning and just gaining some name recognition for herself for the future.

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably knows she has zero chance of winning and just gaining some name recognition for herself for the future.

It's good it is being talked about. There is a tremendous amount of willful blindness on the subject.