Cool bar areas other than Nana

Kenny202

Coming to Bkk later this month for a few nights. Can anyone advise any cool old school bars / bar areas not as touristy and hectic as Nana and maybe girls with a better attitude. Cheap beer cheap bar fines cheap girls [emoji4] Freelance area ok. Mate suggested Queens Park plaza? I know theres a beer garden soi 7 too but by all accounts all the same old pros there now every day. Used to be good

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sure:

Head down to an area called Sanam Luang. Plenty of 7-11s and 500 baht hookers there. You dont even need a room, grab a brewski from the 7-11, find a dumpster or a dark corner.....

Me, Im upscale, I go to Mixx and Spasso.

There is not much out there.

It is very very sad Bangkok has changed so much mostly over the past few years.

Pattaya is hands down so much better now for the fun you seek.

I would catch the bus to Pat's and forget BKK...

you could try Queens Park, (the whole soi 22 have a bunch of bars)

soi 20/1 Sukh could be looked into, not many bars - fairly civilized

(soi Udom Suk Sukhumvit, kinda different, but OK me thinks)

(could try soi Arii, see BTS map, about 2 stops before JJ, not beer bars - but OK area for meeting people)

Lad Prao area has a bunch of OK bars, I have forgotten the street names, alas.

21 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

Cheap, cheap, cheap...who you flying over with, Dan Air?

I live here DS

Last few experiences at Nana terrible. It's become a tourist attraction. Min of 6000 baht drinks, fine and girl only to get back to the room and she's sooooo tired. One of the girls told me a couple of the old girls BF went in my cup. Most of the bars there owned by the same group now I think and they don't give a rats about the cudomers

36 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There is not much out there.

It is very very sad Bangkok has changed so much mostly over the past few years.

Pattaya is hands down so much better now for the fun you seek.

I would catch the bus to Pat's and forget BKK...

Me and a friend only discussing that the other day and wondering if it's because we live in Thailand (up country) and have become jaded ....or if it really has changed. Worst thing for Nana seems to be most of the bars seem to be owned by the same crowd. I remember first time I came to Nana must have been about 8 years ago. Late flight. Taxi up through soi 4 to go to my hotel. Girls up on the outside bars dancing, electric atmosphere. Virtually threw my bag in the room and ran. Mind you I wasn't that impressed with Patts last few times I went there albeit a few years ago. 4 or 5 years ago you would be mobbed walking into a bar. Now all of the girls seem to be out the front and more interested in their mobile phones. mate reckons they're all on internet dating (whoring) sites now and the whole game has changed. Probably right. 

13 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

500 bf and 1500 LT used to be about going rate in Nana bars for a decent girl. Are you saying thats low end now? Im talking beer bars not plaza

Dude there are Forums dedicated to that type of stuff.

However, most of us here have risen above the repulsive immoral Babylon that is Lower Sukhamvit, replete with brazen harlots bearing cups brimming over with the foul filth of their fornications, cockroaches on the walls of slimy hotels, crabs crawling on the balls of vomiting obese, waddling old men with suppurating sores as legless beggars squirm down the street surrounded by intoxicated babbling farangs redfaced and drunk with their own lust snarling and engorged with aphrodisiacs rendering them gruntingly goatlike in their animalistic copulations behind stench slimy dumpsters!!!!!!!!!!!

PM me and Ill tell you where to go.

5 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude there are Forums dedicated to that type of stuff.

However, most of us here have risen above the repulsive immoral Babylon that is Lower Sukhamvit, replete with brazen harlots bearing cups brimming over with the foul filth of their fornications, cockroaches on the walls of slimy hotels, crabs crawling on the balls of vomiting obese, waddling old men with suppurating sores as legless beggars squirm down the street surrounded by intoxicated babbling farangs redfaced and drunk with their own lust snarling and engorged with aphrodisiacs rendering them gruntingly goatlike in their animalistic copulations behind stench slimy dumpsters!!!!!!!!!!!

PM me and Ill tell you where to go.

Its like you're reading my mind! I want summa that 5555

A recent video of the Thermae...go to about 36 seconds in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPjYO_J-opc&t=2s

To be honest I agree with the OP. But the words "Bangkok" and "cheap" no longer go hand in hand.

Nana/Sukhumvit is such a rip-off area and most bars and bar staff are rude and take the absolute pi$$ even if you are a regular and live here.

The girls are looking for the two-week millionaires to fleece. As per usual live for today rather than get repeat business. Although, I actually think it is a slight benefit to speak a little Thai to staff and make it known you live here as it "sometimes" stops their little BS tricks.

Haven't been to Queens Park Plaza for a good few years but in the past have had some nights there and it is definitely cheaper.

The last bar I went in that reminded somewhat of an old-school bar like the original Bush Garden (below the Ruamchitt Plaza) is called Cosmos in Patpong 2.

RAZZ

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Thermae is 99% Asian customers.  I have been told the quality of ladies is not that good and many want 3k ST.

I will say your best bet may to meet a girl on the street.  Talk to her and figure things out take her back to your room for a drink and some fun.

I have found myself meeting some fun girls who provide much better service/attitude

at a much better overall rate then bar or gogo.  

Yeah I have to agree. The beer garden Soi 7 used to be good to meet semi normal girls FL. Essentially working but seemed to be part timers or single mums wanting a few extra bucks rather than hardened street girls. Like you said seem to have a much better attitude and a lot better all around. Last few times I been there though seemed like it was full of hardened old slappers that were probably now too old for the bar.  

18 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

I live here DS

Last few experiences at Nana terrible. It's become a tourist attraction. Min of 6000 baht drinks, fine and girl only to get back to the room and she's sooooo tired. One of the girls told me a couple of the old girls BF went in my cup. Most of the bars there owned by the same group now I think and they don't give a rats about the cudomers

um, Nana has been a tourist attraction since... well... since it changed over to bars...  you know their clientele is all foreigners typically... that would be a dead giveaway that it is oriented to tourists -- not Thais. 

Twenty years too late. There really isn't anywhere guaranteed to give you the type of evening you mention. The Internet pretty much put paid to the whole experience, now every man and his dog has been there before you, courtesy of websites not very different from this one.  

16 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

The east side of Pradipat Rd (Saphan Kwai) has a lot of go-go type bars that cater to locals. There are plenty of clean but cheaper style hotels in the area too. I havent been to them but I've walked past them plenty of times. 

Do you expect us to believe this? :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Do you expect us to believe this? :biggrin:

Sure, why not? Same is true of Suthisarn, but both are almost wholly Thai-frequented areas, and the same is true as I wrote in my post above. Times have changed, and the kind of experience the OP wants is almost extinct; attitudes are different, much of the charm has disappeared and been replaced by a much more hard-nosed culture.

I think you are looking for Queens Park Plaza, but watch the bill a bit if you start giving lady drinks. I like this area, friendlier. Lots of bars in soi 22. Thermae is not for you if you are not Japanese, just girls standing there, boring. Some beer bars in soi 4 are not bad at all. Country Road in soi Cowboy is nice when you like live music. Enjoy. 

22 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

What about Thermae? Or is that another user

No thermae is not another user its a bar for picking up girls that go to school in the day or work normal jobs and just go there in the night to make some extra cash no lady drinks if you dont want to just go and have a drink by yourself they are all standing around waiting to be chosen and brought back to the hotel or take them out for a few drinks somewhere first good place 

Maybe if thermae is not your thing ,just go on tinder a few days before you go to bkk .a lot of nice girls on there ,and you can just meet them have some dinner or whatever and bring them back to your hotel. no lady drinks ,barfines, most of the girls on tinder are looking for a sexdate .dont forget to talk about it before you make an appointment, then you wont be dissapointed if she doesnt want to go back to your room. they will not be to expensive as well .

The days of soi zero have long gone....last time in BKK almost 5 years ago was 120 for a small sang som .....a small bottle wasnt even that from the suppliers...expensive and just no fun....in reality its like that in pattaya and probably everywhere that use to be fun

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:
No thermae is not another user its a bar for picking up girls that go to school in the day or work normal jobs and just go there in the night to make some extra cash no lady drinks if you dont want to just go and have a drink by yourself they are all standing around waiting to be chosen and brought back to the hotel or take them out for a few drinks somewhere first good place 

I saw a bit of a short video on Thermae and looked like a meat market. Perfect 5555. <removed>

5 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

"No thermae is not another user its a bar for picking up girls that go to school in the day or work normal jobs and just go there in the night to make some extra cash..."

Yeah, right.

On 3/4/2019 at 7:50 PM, Nyezhov said:

He wants places with 500 baht barfines and 1500 LT without having to buy lady drinks. No take out in Ari...

He wants a DeLorean with a flex capacitor, because that's the only way he'll get prices like that down Sukhumvit way.

Alas, I take no joy in saying so.

Archived