90 days report

My next 90 days report is due on April 6th which is a Saturday and on Monday 8th offices will be closed as it is a public holiday. 

On Wednesday 10th I am flying out to Brussels. 

Can I avoid a visit at the immigration office? 

You can do your 90 day report up to 15 days early or 7 days after the report date. 

You could leave on the 10th without doing the report. The only risk is that you local office could notice you did not do the report before leaving the country and fine you for not doing it (not likely but possible).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do your 90 day report up to 15 days early or 7 days after the report date. 

You could leave on the 10th without doing the report. The only risk is that you local office could notice you did not do the report before leaving the country and fine you for not doing it (not likely but possible).

If we leave a few days before or on 90 days, we don't get fined.

But if we leave after 90 days, we probably will get fined....

The 7 days window is for him to report IF he needs to stay after 7 days is up.

Edited by EricTh

4 hours ago, lazygourmet said:

Can I avoid a visit at the immigration office?

Yes you can, You’re leaving on day 94 at which point the need to report your address for the next 90 days ends.

As long as you report, OR leave within 7 days of the report becoming due, you cannot be fined on the way out of the country or at any point in the future.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

But if we leave after 90 days, we probably will get fined....

The 7 days window is for him to report IF he needs to stay after 7 days is up.

You can only be fined for reporting late. And a report does not become late until day 97.

If you leave within 97 days the need to report ends, and as you didn’t report late you cannot ever be fined.

If you leave after 97 days without reporting it’s possible, but unlikely, for you to be fined in the future as a late report fine became due.

Edited by elviajero

16 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Yes you can, You’re leaving on day 94 at which point the need to report your address for the next 90 days ends.

As long as you report, OR leave within 7 days of the report becoming due, you cannot be fined on the way out of the country or st any point in the future.

Thank you.

Actually, I was just wondering if I could be fined on departure and for how much. I will be upcountry on the previous week and just want to avoid to go back to Chonburi immigration especially regarding the fact that pre-Songkran days might get very busy. 

Edited by lazygourmet

46 minutes ago, lazygourmet said:

Thank you.

Actually, I was just wondering if I could be fined on departure and for how much. I will be upcountry on the previous week and just want to avoid to go back to Chonburi immigration especially regarding the fact that pre-Songkran days might get very busy. 

As long as you leave within 97 days you cannot be fined for anything anywhere.

But FYI the late reporting fine (reporting after 97 days) is typically 2,000 baht.

• Like 1