Father Charged For Beating Son, 14, To Death

bangkokrick

This has got to be the most horrible story that i have ever read. Scource The nation today.

Father charged for beating son, 14, to death

A construction worker in Bangkok's Klong Toei district beat his 14-year-old son to death with a metal pipe and then claimed he had to kill the boy because he could not afford to raise him, police said yesterday.

Responding to a reported homicide early in the morning, police found Wasan Natthaya lying in a pool of blood on a footpath near the Phra Khanong intersection, while his 43-year-old father Subin Natthaya sat nearby.

Police also found the murder weapon, a bloodstained metal pipe, and a six-inch knife nearby. Witnesses said Wasan - chased by his pipe-wielding father from where they lived in Soi Phumjit - fell down and Subin hit the boy until he was dead, despite his pleas for his life.

Subin told police he lived with two sons at a campsite in the soi for eight years after he split with his wife. Wasan was a bad boy, never lending a hand with the chores and only interested in computer games.

Wasan had told Subin that he would become a spirit medium, boasting he was immortal and could not be injured by knives.

So he stabbed the boy in the neck but the knife broke and the boy ran away.

"When he fell down, I started to beat him and then, fearing that he would suffer from the injuries, I decided to kill him.

"I did it because he was a bad boy and I couldn't take care of him on my own. I have had a difficult life and raising him was getting too much, so I decided to kill him," Subin told police.

Subin was charged with murder and has been sent for psychiatric test as well as tests for drug abuse.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until recently, I lived on this small soi for over 2 years. Lots of large construction projects close by, with many itinerant construction workers and families living in temporary structures. However, I've walked alone down the soi late night/early mornings without ever feeling unsafe.

Sad story.

Not really “on Topic” but

I am amazed that the Post “2 Russian lady’s shot” and innumerable views,

14-year-old boy Beaten to death and hardly a ripple on the Forum

Maybe I am missing something?

But to me all life cut short is deplorable.

Not every one is a coward.

Some people are blessed with alot of physical strength or have Martial Arts Skills. Witnesses implies more than one person. Intervention does not have to be by ones self. A phone call can also be made. He was focused on the young man, so a "sucker punch" could have been thrown.

Having said all that, it is true that some times all you can do is walk away. No point in increasing the victim count.

Edited by philliphn

Not really “on Topic” but

I am amazed that the Post “2 Russian lady’s shot” and innumerable views,

14-year-old boy Beaten to death and hardly a ripple on the Forum

Maybe I am missing something?

But to me all life cut short is deplorable.

DUH

Do you want us to reason why and how this happened.

It is sad that this thread gets so few views and even fewer posts, but it reflects the state of humanity at this time. There is a huge population of expendable people out there--they are ignored by all of us and they are ignored by gov'ts around the world. They die, they kill each other, they disappear. It's OK.

The only reason this poor lad made it into the paper was because it was his own father who did it. His life was marked from the beginning. Only two ways this kid would make it in the paper--either the way he did or at the hands of some pedophile.

Sad.

Not every one is a coward.

Some people are blessed with alot of physical strength or have Martial Arts Skills. Witnesses implies more than one person. Intervention does not have to be by ones self. A phone call can also be made. He was focused on the young man, so a "sucker punch" could have been thrown.

Having said all that, it is true that some times all you can do is walk away. No point in increasing the victim count.

Agreed.

But cowardice is not a sin. People are borned with different capabilities. Capable in different ways.

One only knows how brave or cowardly one is when the real situtation comes to prove it.

Bravery should be praised but shouldn't blame people for not being brave.

I hope NR's post is just a knee-jerk reaction :o and not making another accusation on the Thais again. I have seen Thais trying to help others enthusiasticly in public when it is needed. It's easy to sit here and talk. But reality is not like just pressing a few buttons to get things done.

I have this impression that there is a culture(western culture?) within members here that whenever something happens, someone is to blame. As if there are some responsibilities for everyone and if they are carried out that there will be zero incidents/accidents in this world.

Just my humble opinion and perhaps to stir up some conversations.

"Witnesses said"? Why the hel_l didn't they help?

Would you? How?

Honestly? Yes, I'm pretty sure I would. I've put myself in many stupid situations in my life because I've been incensed about something. To my detriment, I can be an "act first, think later" person. How? I'm not sure not having been there. At the very least, by phoning the police, probably by doing something that would be considered "stupid" though. We're talking "witnesses", plural. I can't see how together they couldn't have done something, even causing some form of commotion to attract interest to the situation or distract the father.

Without meaning to sound racist, I've seen Thais in a crisis. I've been witness to two road accidents, the only farang, & I've run over & tried to give medical assistance & been screaming at people to get an ambulance & nobody has helped. They just stand around watching like it's a bl**dy soap opera! I can just imagine them standing around watching this lad getting beaten to death & doing nothing!

Edit - I've just read meemiathai's second post. I'm sorry, if you think I'm one of those people you mentioned. My feeling is that I have to live with myself. I couldn't live with myself if I had watched someone getting beaten/stabbed to death, no matter who they were or what they had done. I couldn't live with myself if I walked away from an accident (unless help was already been given by people more qualified than myself). That's me & I'm afraid I do wonder how others can do nothing & still look at themselves in the mirror each morning...

If you have seen Thais doing things to help in a crisis, that's really good. The ones I witnessed may just have been flukes.

Edited by November Rain

Would you? How?

Honestly? Yes, I'm pretty sure I would. I've put myself in many stupid situations in my life because I've been incensed about something. To my detriment, I can be an "act first, think later" person. How? I'm not sure not having been there. At the very least, by phoning the police, probably by doing something that would be considered "stupid" though. We're talking "witnesses", plural. I can't see how together they couldn't have done something, even causing some form of commotion to attract interest to the situation or distract the father.

Without meaning to sound racist, I've seen Thais in a crisis. I've been witness to two road accidents, the only farang, & I've run over & tried to give medical assistance & been screaming at people to get an ambulance & nobody has helped. They just stand around watching like it's a bl**dy soap opera! I can just imagine them standing around watching this lad getting beaten to death & doing nothing!

Sorry I thought you were there!

Would you? How?

Been there and done that. :o The phenomenon of Thais standing around gawking whilst doing nothing is called "Thai mung" (means to "gather around" apparently).

Its free entertainment to the fatalistic Buddhist mentality. They're just waiting for the "phu yai" to come and take charge....

Edited by kmart

Would you? How?

What was the point of that post? I was trying to answer your question as honestly as I could. I even added to it, when I noticed your second post. Why the childish remark?

Would you? How?

What was the point of that post? I was trying to answer your question as honestly as I could. I even added to it, when I noticed your second post. Why the childish remark?

Don't get angry, NR. Nothing serious. You just sounded like you were there. I was there, someone did call the police. Someone did try to help. But the boy still did die. Are you satisfied now?

Edited by meemiathai

I guess different people will react differently to violent situation like that. I once saw 2 women fighting in a club....was kinda shocked and couldnt react fast enough..another farang guy intervened. anohter time some younger students got into a fight, I intervened then but mainly cos I knew the boys. I cant say I will always intervene...but NR is right that in this particular case someone SHOULD have done something...intervening does not always mean directly physically putting yourself in the line of fire so to speak...you can create distraction.

and yes the mind wanders sometime...I have seen when police take perpretrators to re-enact the crime scene (whatever thats called) and you will see crowds of people wanting to give the guy a beating. but often they look the other way when the crime is being done right in front of their eyes.

recently my brother was driving home and on the highway saw a crowd of people gathered round. he thought there must have been an accident, slowly tried to drive past when he noticed 2 men lying on the ground, covered in blood. they had been shot (victims of the violence in south thailand), he quickly got them into the car and drove them off to hospital. it amazes me that no one else had bothered to do that...but I have to be honest and admit that Im not sure I will have that same courage.

my point is...people will have many reasons to not interfere... fear, not my business, and in some cases....the complications that might follow afterwards. eg. another incident...an old man had been hit in an accident (hit and run) my brother came by shortly later, picked him up and took him to hospital. there werent many people around at the time, when police were informed by hospital, they almost had my brother taken as suspect!!!! until after quite sometime that a witness came forward and said it had been some other car that hit the old man.

sad but these are the realities :o

If you were there meemiathai, why didn't you help? You're obviously a man.

How did you know I didn't?

Actually Superman and Batman were there too.

It is very sad that you can find something as inhuman as beating your own child to death a source of amusement. Shame on you.

If you were there meemiathai, why didn't you help? You're obviously a man.

How did you know I didn't?

Actually Superman and Batman were there too.

It is very sad that you can find something as inhuman as beating your own child to death a source of amusement. Shame on you.

What strange mentality you people have? Always forcing others to behave according to your own likings. Do I always have to tell you how sad I am each time? What is the point to say how sad I am here?

Furthermore, it is very wrong to say that this is inhuman. It is very human indeed. When there is enough stress in a human being, these things happen.