Father Charged For Beating Son, 14, To Death

bangkokrick

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were there meemiathai, why didn't you help? You're obviously a man.

How did you know I didn't?

Actually Superman and Batman were there too.

It is very sad that you can find something as inhuman as beating your own child to death a source of amusement. Shame on you.

What strange mentality you people have? Always forcing others to behave according to your own likings. Do I always have to tell you how sad I am each time? What is the point to say how sad I am here?

Furthermore, it is very wrong to say that this is inhuman. It is very human indeed. When there is enough stress in a human being, these things happen.

You really don't have to say how sad you are because your statements make you a very sad person indeed. We obviously live a differnet kind of humanity to your brand. It is a tragedy to lose a young life especially when its at the hands of his own father 'because he can't afford to take care of him'.

ok, I am cold blooded and a very sad person. You are full of compassion.

You feel better now? that you are a better person than I am?

I'll stop. Waste of time really!

I would've wanted to help this world from stupidity but no I am not good enough. Hope not all people misunderstood me here!

Kmart, I thought I was really quite morbid and sick for thinking the same thing as you. I have seldom seen metal piping in Thailand; usually it is just that blue pvc stuff. I think it would be rather difficult to beat a 14 year old kid to death with a piece of that.

Also, it would seem that if he had metal piping a few hits in anger could have killed the kid, whereas an extreme beating with plastic pipe might indicate a different degree of intent.

ok, I am cold blooded and a very sad person. You are full of compassion.

You feel better now? that you are a better person than I am?

I'll stop. Waste of time really!

I would've wanted to help this world from stupidity but no I am not good enough. Hope not all people misunderstood me here!

Actually Superman and Batman were there too. Stupidity!

Kmart, I thought I was really quite morbid and sick for thinking the same thing as you. I have seldom seen metal piping in Thailand; usually it is just that blue pvc stuff. I think it would be rather difficult to beat a 14 year old kid to death with a piece of that.

Also, it would seem that if he had metal piping a few hits in anger could have killed the kid, whereas an extreme beating with plastic pipe might indicate a different degree of intent.

It might have been a scaffolding pole / offcut. Metal piping is the same here in the industrial sector as it is in any country in the world.

Beating someone to death with a light, bouncy pvc pipe indicates a level of sadistic will that I find quite unimaginable. :o

I was watching a Thai soap opera on television last week and in the show there where 2 pairs of Thai girls arguing about something outside of a house. The men inside of the house came out weilding baseball bats, planks of wood and piping and chased 2 of the young girls down the street in an attempt to beat them with their weapons.

Now we see this story, which, I strongly doubt is the first of it's kind this week, but maybe the first to be reported.

I can't comment or make generalisations about the Thais or I'll be banned again, but I'll let you be the judge.

Living and working here in Thailand I see or hear of these types of incidents frequently. I showed my Thai gf this story and she just shrugged it off as a regular occurrence. She nonchalantly replied, "yeah, I saw it on channel 7. He was lazy so his father beat him".

"When he fell down, I started to beat him and then, fearing that he would suffer from the injuries, I decided to kill him.

"I did it because he was a bad boy and I couldn't take care of him on my own. I have had a difficult life and raising him was getting too much, so I decided to kill him," Subin told police.

In a nutshell, three of the leading local truisms.

1) Big man knows best.

2) Pity me.

3) It's always someone else's fault.

Wasan was a bad boy, never lending a hand with the chores and only interested in computer games.

Wasan had told Subin that he would become a spirit medium, boasting he was immortal and could not be injured by knives.

another Thai happy family ruined by those wicked computer games.... :o ...sorry cannot stay to comment any further, I have a Galactic Civilization 2 game with ultra-huge galaxy settings to finish...see in a few months, hope nobody misses me.

I was watching a Thai soap opera on television last week and in the show there where 2 pairs of Thai girls arguing about something outside of a house. The men inside of the house came out weilding baseball bats, planks of wood and piping and chased 2 of the young girls down the street in an attempt to beat them with their weapons.

Now we see this story, which, I strongly doubt is the first of it's kind this week, but maybe the first to be reported.

I can't comment or make generalisations about the Thais or I'll be banned again, but I'll let you be the judge.

Living and working here in Thailand I see or hear of these types of incidents frequently. I showed my Thai gf this story and she just shrugged it off as a regular occurrence. She nonchalantly replied, "yeah, I saw it on channel 7. He was lazy so his father beat him".

So what your trying to say is that this soap opera made this guy beat his son?

Or that Thai's are the only people in the world who watch voilence?

Yeap well i agree with you that Thaialnd are the only country that shows any violence on TV :o

Not really “on Topic” but

I am amazed that the Post “2 Russian lady’s shot” and innumerable views,

14-year-old boy Beaten to death and hardly a ripple on the Forum

Maybe I am missing something?

But to me all life cut short is deplorable.

I was just wondering exactly the same thing and scrolling through to see if anyone had raised the question.

Apparently value of life is a variable depending on the collective mood of the TV population. Two dead Russians and immediately they are scum whores who got what they deserved, dead boy and the forum starts preparing his hagiography and collective weeping about the tragic loss of an innocent life.

Unbelievable sometimes

Not really "on Topic" but

I am amazed that the Post "2 Russian lady's shot" and innumerable views,

Welcome to Thailand is all I can say. Foreigner dies od tragic gun shot in Pattaya (which is a daily routine for them) and Local domestic disturbance in Thailand (which nobody gives a rats ass about), which one you think is going to hit the press like hotcakes?

SSDD :o

Welcome to Thailand is all I can say. Foreigner dies od tragic gun shot in Pattaya (which is a daily routine for them) and Local domestic disturbance in Thailand (which nobody gives a rats ass about), which one you think is going to hit the press like hotcakes?

same as any country i guess

I was just wondering exactly the same thing and scrolling through to see if anyone had raised the question.

Apparently value of life is a variable depending on the collective mood of the TV population. Two dead Russians and immediately they are scum whores who got what they deserved, dead boy and the forum starts preparing his hagiography and collective weeping about the tragic loss of an innocent life.

Unbelievable sometimes

They are both equally as bad in my opinion a shocking waste of life. What makes this more appaling to me is that the violent beating was carried out by his father supposedly because the boy was lazy and that the father could not look after him anymore. Given the fact that most kids are fairly lazy at the age of 14 lets hope that this does not become a norm. The other thing is that there were witnesses who seeminly did nothing to help the boy.

Sheet happends, i feel for the kid, but stuff like this happends nearly (probaly) everday all over the world.

Life is too short to really look into it too seriously IMO.

I realised this when i heard the story many years ago when a young 5 year old girl was picking flowers in palestine and and israeli tank was 20 meters away and he blew her away for fun.

Too many <deleted> in this world. Why cant people be more like me

Unbelievable sometimes

They are both equally as bad in my opinion a shocking waste of life. What makes this more appaling to me is that the violent beating was carried out by his father supposedly because the boy was lazy and that the father could not look after him anymore. Given the fact that most kids are fairly lazy at the age of 14 lets hope that this does not become a norm. The other thing is that there were witnesses who seeminly did nothing to help the boy.

Sorry, just couldn't resist. JUST WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT SOMEONE WAS ABLE TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP BUT DID NOT??? Are you just fantasizing that you were there and was able to help?

Just because it says "there were witnesses and the boy died" does not automatically mean that it is a fact that no one tried to help. Where has the logic gone from you people? Can people really be that stupid?

Sheet happends, i feel for the kid, but stuff like this happends nearly (probaly) everday all over the world.

I realised this when i heard the story many years ago when a young 5 year old girl was picking flowers in palestine and and israeli tank was 20 meters away and he blew her away for fun.

Too many <deleted> in this world. Why cant people be more like me

It would not be good to have too many shy, retiring and modest people in the world Donz.

Congrats on your marriage by the way.

Yeah, no-one knows where the witnes was, could of been a couple of hundred meters away and weight a tonne. take 30 mins to get to the guy.

Could of been anywhere. may have already been too late.

One of your previous comments placed in the smoking forum

I smoke because it's cool :D

What a sad indication on the youth of today your posts reflect.

Thankfully my children are now adults.

I am sure the adults will continue debating topics,

I will not bother typing a reply for your gratification.

Edited by IvanLaw

Unbelievable sometimes

Sorry, just couldn't resist. JUST WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT SOMEONE WAS ABLE TO DO SOMETHING TO HELP BUT DID NOT??? Are you just fantasizing that you were there and was able to help?

Just because it says "there were witnesses and the boy died" does not automatically mean that it is a fact that no one tried to help. Where has the logic gone from you people? Can people really be that stupid?

You were the one that said you were there and then said you were not. That's fantasy.

Sorry I forgot Superman and Batman. I suppose you are Robin.

Very sad. Unfortunately life is cheap in Thailand. People die daily in the construction and demolition industry - mostly young people set to do dangerous and dirty work for a pittance. I hope the father in this case gets help.

Peter

Yeap well i agree with you that Thaialnd are the only country that shows any violence on TV :o

It's an example of the accepted mentality in Thailand.

I can't recall ever seeing a western movie/TV show where 6 guys are chasing after 2 girls with weapons because they had an argument with their daughters. And these are your average petite Thai girls. Brave race of men, aren't they.

And then this story where a fully grown man has to pick up a length of pipe to beat his 14 year old son.

Comprendas?

It's an example of the accepted mentality in Thailand.

I can't recall ever seeing a western movie/TV show where 6 guys are chasing after 2 girls with weapons because they had an argument with their daughters. And these are your average petite Thai girls. Brave race of men, aren't they.

And then this story where a fully grown man has to pick up a length of pipe to beat his 14 year old son.

Comprendas?

Some peoples' mentality really amaze me! Are you for real?

I thought movies were to illustrate things as real as they can? Are you saying that people murder people only after they have watched movies? I thought I saw a movie where a bunch of american soldiers kidnapped a vietnamese girl in a village and used her as a sex slave and had her killed at the end. I guess you would say that is why some american soldier did the same recently in Iraq? You surely must be kidding!

MOVIES ARE MOVIES! AND IF YOU CAN'T DIFFERENCIATE, IT IS YOUR PROBLEM!

And you even went further on to bash the whole race? Because of a piece of soap opera? You are a joke, man!

<snip>

Too many &lt;deleted&gt; in this world. Why cant people be more like me

Yep, Donz. That would make the world a better place, for sure... :o

Maybe if the guy giving the beating was a farang a few Thais would have jumped in to help?

Must feel like being tortured having to live in Thailand?

Everyday

Isn't it nice though that there is internet in prisons nowadays?

If you're lucky buddy, they might have some KY for you as well.