Phuket Water Authority to propose water rations as ‘water-saving option’

snoop1130

Phuket Water Authority to propose water rations as ‘water-saving option’

By The Phuket News

1551781941_1-org.jpg

The move to present possible water-ration plans follows Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Sunday calling for government agencies across the country to take steps to mitigate any drought situations. Image: PR Dept Region 5

PHUKET:-- Water rations will be among the options presented to the Phuket Governor “soon”, Graisorn Mahamad, Chief Provincial Waterworks Authority, told The Phuket News today (Mar 5).

The news comes as a flurry of scattered rainshowers fell across the island early this afternoon, bringing some reprieve to the long spell of dry weather that has befallen Phuket in the past month.

“We just held an internal office meeting yesterday morning (Mar 4) after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha gave his nationwide order (regarding drought measures) yesterday,” Mr Graisorn said

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-water-authority-to-propose-water-rations-as-water-saving-option-70598.php#9FPkVSfQORL5jlya.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-05

45 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

“We just held an internal office meeting yesterday morning (Mar 4) after Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha gave his nationwide order (regarding drought measures) yesterday,” Mr Graisorn said

I remember his 'drought measures' only a few weeks ago. He said there wouldn't be a water shortage this year.

Looks like he's going to ban the use of water, thereby ensuring there isn't a drought. I like his thinking.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, madmitch said:

What the **** is a rainmaking unit? A bunch of natives doing a dance? Prayut and his favourite monks saying a prayer? A few men with a hosepipe with a shower head on the end? Anyone?

I think you're probably close. It's 'rainmaking you nit'. That's no doubt how Prayut admonished his staff to solve the crisis.

I recall that a few years ago we had 2 concurrent years in Phuket where it did not rain from mid December until May but we did not run out of water.  This year it was still raining towards the end of January.

Is this expected problem anything to do with the rampant construction of condos and houses everywhere without any forethought on infrastructure such as roads and water?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mises said:

I recall that a few years ago we had 2 concurrent years in Phuket where it did not rain from mid December until May but we did not run out of water.  This year it was still raining towards the end of January.

Is this expected problem anything to do with the rampant construction of condos and houses everywhere without any forethought on infrastructure such as roads and water?

'forethought on infrastructure'? I tried google translate, but it came up with a 404 error.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

'forethought on infrastructure'? I tried google translate, but it came up with a 404 error.

Well if you are that thick or pedantic change 'on' to 'with regards to'.

20 hours ago, madmitch said:

What the **** is a rainmaking unit? A bunch of natives doing a dance? Prayut and his favourite monks saying a prayer? A few men with a hosepipe with a shower head on the end? Anyone?

Rainmaking is seeding clouds with a chemical using airplanes. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, madmitch said:

It is also called cloud seeding and can be relatively successful...........but then again!!

• Thanks 1