Big Joke: Nabs Russian - one of 70 wanted by Interpol in Thailand

webfact

Big Joke: Nabs Russian - one of 70 wanted by Interpol in Thailand

3pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Thai media reported that immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn announced the arrest of a Russian man who was head of a gang wanted in Russia for tax and banking irregularities. 

Alexei Dolsenkov (name transliterated from Thai) was involved in illegal activity involving 485 million roubles or 235 million baht. Saying he was a company adviser he had filed false tax claims and false banking requests. 

INN said he had creamed off 8.2 million baht for himself and come to hide out in Thailand in 2015 when he discovered he was being investigated in his homeland. 

3pm1.jpg

Picture: TNA

He went to Phuket and stayed there for four years on a tourist visa before he was arrested on February 26th.

Both INN and TNA reported that Alexei was one of 70 wanted criminals on an Interpol list who are believed to be hiding out in Thailand. 

Lt-Gen Surachate - the darling of the media known as Big Joke - is trying to catch them all. 

Source: INN | TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-06

23 minutes ago, BestB said:

I am guessing he is really upsetting all other officers as he always takes credit and none given to them.

highly unlikely he is on the road hunting or investigating every case and yet he is the one that gets all the credit.

"immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn announced the arrest" = "he always takes credit"

Are you sure that is accurate?

11 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

"immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn announced the arrest" = "he always takes credit"

Yes, it is. Follow every story involving him. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

No I am not , why do not you prove me otherwise

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Imho there is a chance that he is indeed the only person in the Thai police who is really working and not just collecting tea money from motorbikes without helmets.

Yeah I suppose he skipped a few ranks and decades to get where he is by doing good job????

6 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Well, it certainly said nothing to that effect in this story.

Have a look at the info-board if you wanna see who's claiming the credit. Do the same in other stories, too.

Not that hard to see.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Yes BO,  is on the up in Thailand. 

Not met many Indians yet? I dont have a problem with Russians most I know are clean well dressed and polite

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Not met many Indians yet? I dont have a problem with Russians most I know are clean well dressed and polite

Not noticed the Indians on holiday stinking. 

But the Russian guys 40 ish and up, are to tight to buy and use deodorant, 

when on holiday here.  

Ps, when was the last time you were at a 7/11 with the Russians !!!!!! 

( polite ) oh do behave. :cheesy: 

Edited by stanleycoin

Might want to hover around the Rompho area in Pattaya if he wants to get the rest of them. I went to see houses for sale thereabouts and in each I got into there were people scurrying to back rooms like cockroaches. Not hard tu guess what kind of operations they are running.

Whether he actually is raising a sweat investigating or just showing up for the pics imo is besides the point. Due to the raised profile surrounding his exploits many miscreants are probably finding their regular MO for evading capture (bribery) is stifled and blocked. After the IO affair at the airport, officials are starting to realize that they can possibly lose their 'jobs for life' -  that afford a lot of perks that aren't there for the average working Thai.  

7 hours ago, BestB said:

I am guessing he is really upsetting all other officers as he always takes credit and none given to them.

highly unlikely he is on the road hunting or investigating every case and yet he is the one that gets all the credit.

Do you really want a list of all the other cops who work with him? Web could be here all day.

Rooster

39 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

Do you really want a list of all the other cops who work with him? Web could be here all day.

Rooster

Do you honestly think there is a list of officers with every arrest ?