British PM May's top lawyer struggles for Brexit deal in Brussels

webfact

5 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

All this talk of Titanic reminds me of Johnsons comments when asked if there was a plan for a no deal Brexit.  (I paraphrase),  "We don't need a plan for that as Brexit is going to be a Titanic success!"

not according to nissan,bmw,toyota,honda and this mate dyson it isnt.bojo looks like a clown cos he is a clown.

3 hours ago, david555 said:

They know what they want …:tongue:., all the good things from E.U. membership whiteout membership payments or regulations :wink:….total freedom at no cost or obligations ????....???? :cheesy:

Total freedom? Or do you mean the loss of freedom because UK citizens will have to pay the visa to visit any of 27 beautiful countries?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cox & Barnier talks apparently broke down in acrimony last night. There can be no time limit or removing of the backstop from the WA if that is what Cox is asking.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

not according to nissan,bmw,toyota,honda and this mate dyson it isnt.bojo looks like a clown cos he is a clown.

Bit by bit and day by day, all those Brexiteer promises are being shown to be totally worthless lies.

Let's see what happens next week when May, once again, presents her deal to Parliament.  Will the Brexiteers sheer panic mean that they vote for May's dreadful deal?  Will remainers hold their nerve and vote against it again?  Not long to wait now unless May calls the vote off.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, david555 said:

They know what they want …:tongue:., all the good things from E.U. membership whiteout membership payments or regulations :wink:….total freedom at no cost or obligations ????....???? :cheesy:

are there any good bits to take. its on its way out anyway all great (well not really )things come to an end

39 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Bit by bit and day by day, all those Brexiteer promises are being shown to be totally worthless lies.

The problem is there is a major rift between reality and most people's worldview. Reconciling them is going to be painful for all concerned . There were problems in the UK before the referendum, which were not being addressed by the political establishment in the UK. Others presented simple answers to complex problems which just don't work. People quite happily voted for those solutions, they and many of their leaders have not yet accepted the dichotomy between  what they think and reality, they are going to be disappointed whatever happens.

This thread, you'll need to read it all I'm afraid, explains this better than I can.

34 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Lol. Are you a typical Remainer? Most of those on these threads have fastidiously avoided references like yours to the free movement fallacy. I’m sure there are millions more like you who thought the EU is all about holidays. You haven’t changed your mind yet, but there are many more that have been ‘better informed’ an seen the EU for what it is - a protectionist racket. Still hoping for a second referendum?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

toyota,nissan,bmw,honda,dyson see it different and the 100000 people they employ should enjoy their next holiday it might be the last they have for a long time.

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

toyota,nissan,bmw,honda,dyson see it different and the 100000 people they employ should enjoy their next holiday it might be the last they have for a long time.

not to worry, they can all go on the dole and go an drink all day dahn spoonies with their brexit mates

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sanemax said:

not to worry, they can all go on the dole and go an drink all day dahn spoonies with their brexit mates

Bingo,Mr spoonie will be happy,i knew thats why he wanted brexit so much

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

It wasnt the Titanic that sunk, it was the sister ship that was deliberately scuttled 

Oh dear. And was it a plot to kill those opposing the establishment of the US Federal Reserve as well as an insurance scam? All organized by JP Morgan and his masonic cronies which explains why JP didn't join the ship as planned.

Good job we've plenty of tin foil eh?

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Oh dear. And was it a plot to kill those opposing the establishment of the US Federal Reserve as well as an insurance scam? All organized by JP Morgan and his masonic cronies which explains why JP didn't join the ship as planned.

Good job we've plenty of tin foil eh?

No, the sister ship , the Olympic got damaged a few weeks previously and was uninsurable , do a bit of research before claiming that tinfoil hat blah blah blah 

• Like 1

It will be Mrs Mays plan ( which like it or not does abide by the referendum vote ) or no Brexit at all.

Given that the second option will keep the nation divided for another 40 years we all should hope that parliament comes to its senses.

I have always said that Brexit would happen but largely be symbolic , it could hardly be otherwise in reality , a ' hard ' Brexit or no deal would be economic suicide.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Lol. Are you a typical Remainer? Most of those on these threads have fastidiously avoided references like yours to the free movement fallacy. I’m sure there are millions more like you who thought the EU is all about holidays. You haven’t changed your mind yet, but there are many more that have been ‘better informed’ an seen the EU for what it is - a protectionist racket. Still hoping for a second referendum?

I am sick of seeing anyone being labelled brexiter or remainer but both should work together to focus poor people, young people, disadvantaged people, average people within UK and combating with greedy people, tax evaders, terrorists, corrupted MPs. UK Parliament is completely out of control & a plain stupidity - definitely not good healthy debate for both brexiters or remainers. Can't help myself asking - is Brexit a worth?     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

Correct. I find it interesting that there are those Brexiteers who say they are fed up with being told what to do by unelected EU bureaucrats and that we should trade under WTO rules. When is the next WTO election? 

next in WTO is in 2021

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, nabbie said:

I am sick of seeing anyone being labelled brexiter or remainer but both should work together to focus poor people, young people, disadvantaged people, average people within UK and combating with greedy people, tax evaders, terrorists, corrupted MPs. UK Parliament is completely out of control & a plain stupidity - definitely not good healthy debate for both brexiters or remainers. Can't help myself asking - is Brexit a worth?     

"should work together to focus poor people, young people, disadvantaged people, average people within UK and combating with greedy people, tax evaders, terrorists, corrupted MPs. UK Parliament is completely out of control & a plain stupidity - definitely not good healthy debate for both brexiters or remainers."

Agree entirely.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, bomber said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonconstable/2019/02/28/norway-makes-multi-billion-dollar-bet-on-britains-economy-and-you-should-follow-suit/#2ac47ac1d778

Brexit is absolutely worth it. Poor attempt at deflection there, but you started about paying for visas to visit 27 beautiful countries. How did they all become beautiful? That’s nonsense.
Another 39Bn in the coffers, or 8 Bn pa, could help all your virtuous projects. Greedy, corrupt and tax evading EU people would be cut off. Terrorists currently hiding there too.
Let’s have more good healthy debate and you will see it’s worth.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

They want the freedom to control their own laws and make their own trade deals.

Ok now?

What is it about the existing EU trade deals that you object to, and has the performance of Liam Fox to date filled you with confidence that he will secure superior trade deals to those which we currently enjoy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nahkit said:

They want the freedom to control their own laws and make their own trade deals.

Ok now?

By ‘their own trade deals’ is obviously meant: continuation of the deals UK has as an EU Member (re. Chile, Faroer etc.)?