Video: Land of Smiles! Grinning American in custody after theft from Chiang Mai store

rooster59

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly we will here more but..... I’ve heard instances in US the person wants to get arrested because little or no money. I guess 

that would work in the US because you’d get some type of meal.

From what I’ve heard here if someone doesn’t put money in the till

at prison for you it’s rice and water. 

Or maybe he has disabilities..... or just fugging dumb.

6 hours ago, johng said:

The TV announcers say the Police found he was also carrying a knife.

I carry a knife everyday and have done for the past fifty years, does that make me a bad person or guilt by ............ ????

I think my "diet" is a lot better than his ???? 

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Anyway, the more I look at Thai behavior which perplexes me, the more I think its tribal past may be able to offer insights.

A tribal past with values, laws and traditions incomprehensible to most westerners.

I have said it before and will say it again. This place is just like an alien world. The may or may not share some of your values and flaws, but the philosophical underpinnings of their society and culture is incomprehensible to you. So just chill, enjoy, dig it and dont offend, they are aliens that dont think like you. Smile a lot, avoid excessive alcohol use, be polite, act like you are having fun and they will tolerate you.

I cant remember who said this, but its true: Thai people are wonderful, friendly, helpful and kind people until they get pissed off and kill you.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

You're right. The more pressing matters are here:

"The more pressing matters are here"

Provided Simon will not steal his iron

...no offence, Simon I guess not of course because,  but then it would be relegated to the Petty theft category  hardly worth an article on a well respected site like this :biggrin:

54 and stealing petty items?  And in a foreign country.

For those that have not been to prison here, trust me........its a place you never want to go..........unless you are just visiting inmates.

My wife and I do charity work at Orphanages and for the Homeless here, plus we visit inmates in Chiang Mai Jail.

45-50 in. 10M x 10M cell sleeping head to toe on concrete floor.......just 2 ceiling fans.

Behave when you are out n about.

3 hours ago, johng said:

No I don't think so   well 99.99999999999999%  sure its not the same guy  but I've been wrong before ????

Too bad, I was sold for a short while there - the grin is rather similar ????

28 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

If he'd been caught in England, this is exactly what the cops would say. Gotcha son! 

If he was caught in the England he would have been warned and released.

No criminal proceedings against those that shoplift less than 100 pounds of goods now.

29 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Nice play on Burke's (peerages) and berks touched on in this classic sketch.

I reacted thanks because I loved those two.

Had tonights laugh. Thanks again.

No doubt you've seen it but 'four candles' for me was their absolute best.

????

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If he was caught in the England he would have been warned and released.

True, but the rozzers would surely be amused that they collared him in Khotchasan Road. Reminds me of the old Letsby Avenue joke - I see in a case of life imitating art that's now the actual address of a police station...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2000/feb/12/martinwainwright

Archived