New Or Second Hand _ What would you do?

24 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Laugh all you like. but why not raise the bar a little and instead of some childish response, put up an argument for why your concept of avoiding the laws of thermodynamics and the like can be achieved. Man kind would be forever in your debt.

Tell me, do you put engine oil in your engine? If you subscribe to metal on metal connections of chain roller on sprocket not needing lubricant theory, surely you know better than to waste money on oil in an engine.

Your ignorance, your lack of basic mechanical understanding, and your inability to educate yourself seemingly knows no bounds.

But maybe you just don't know how to use an encyclopaedia or this new things called the internet.

https://www.farmingdale.edu/faculty/peter-nolan/pdf/UPCH06.pdf

Start near table 6.1. Or if that book learnin' is all a bit hard, here's a simplified concept from this thing called Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-ring_chain

or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-ring_chain

And this is not really for your benefit. It is for people who may not be aware and actually consider listening to your foolish comments and end up hurting themselves because of it.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
added

5 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Although it would be a pig of a streetbike.

Why?

10's of 1000's of them in SE Asia.

Many with a sidecar attached, hauling anything and everything from gas bottles to pigs.

One of my staff has one.

Been round the clock.

That's in excess of 100k kms.

Bought it new when he was a young man and a bit of a teenage hooligan.

Now has a (surprise) sidecar attached.

9 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Why?

10's of 1000's of them in SE Asia.

Many with a sidecar attached, hauling anything and everything from gas bottles to pigs.

One of my staff has one.

Been round the clock.

That's in excess of 100k kms.

Bought it new when he was a young man and a bit of a teenage hooligan.

Now has a (surprise) sidecar attached.

I was refering to 160hp liter bike with the same characteristics. And even if it was the actual 105cc bike, look at the torque curve. It would be a pig to commute on. It could be used to commute, but it doesn't mean it would be enjoyable, There are a bunch of other bikes I'd prefer.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

I was refering to 160hp liter bike with the same characteristics. And even if it was the actual 105cc bike, look at the torque curve. It would be a pig to commute on. It could be used to commute, but it doesn't mean it would be enjoyable, There are a bunch of other bikes I'd prefer.

You did'nt read or understand my post.

I have ridden them, and the 10+bhp later bikes with power valves with different port timing.

The things will change gear and pull from low to mid range.

12 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

8 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

You did'nt read or understand my post.

I have ridden them, and the 10+bhp later bikes with power valves with different port timing.

The things will change gear and pull from low to mid range.

I did read and I disagree. I never said one couldn't use one to commute. I said they would be a pig and I stand by that. Just because I could survive on jok or sticky rice with a few meager vegetables and fruit, it doesn't mean I would want to. There are a lot better options for sustenance.

Without riding a specific Honda Beat I already know it would be a pig of a commuter. I've ridden plenty of others like it with powervalve or not in a similar capacity or greater. Look at the torque curve on the advertisement. It disagrees with your assessment that it will pull from a low rev range. It starts to come on at 6k so your assessment of mid I can agree with. But that, for me makes a pig of a commuter. Having to run through a bunch of gears just to keep the thing moving does not entertain me on a commute.

When I started riding on the road a used to ride RD 250 and 350 / 400 twins. They were great at the time because it was the most horsepower I could afford. So I understand why plenty of the Beats were sold. I get it, they would be perfect for the boy racer with limited cash like I once thought I was. Again, what makes a boy racer bike does not make a good commuter in my eyes.

In hindsight for me they were pigs and even the 250 had a bunch more torque and power and they were pig commuters. I have no problem with you disagreeing with me.

Chain lube and Honda beat...! What are you guys on about... !!! ????

OP just buy the low mileage Aerox or Nmax,  only one year old it will be fine... I got mine 750km and 2 years old, but it looked just like brand new, so when you see and test ride the bike you will know if its really genuine low mileage...

Some guys like a brand new bike or car, same as some also look for a virgin wife in some countries, it's all depends how you feel .... !  lol

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Sounds like you need a new plan

As you can't directly respond with anything meaningful to support your ridiculous claims that defy all modern understand of physics and other sciences, my plan is too simply ignore you. I've given facts so people can educate themselves and don't fall into the trap of listening to your foolish comments on matters that may otherwise cause them harm on a motorcycle.