Pattaya YouTuber with cancer: Thanks Go Fund Me appeals, says he's cutting down cigarettes and putting off marriage

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

You seem to have it in for Kevin. Two posts on two different threads saying the same thing. I don't know Kevin and I also think anyone who travels without insurance is an idiot but give him a break. He hasn't asked for any funding and allegedly didn't know anything about it.

But he is thanking the go-funders so he will except the money +the go-funder who started the page will miss use the money maybe you should read the comment better there are much more poor thai people who could use that money much better and dont forget about children without their farang fathers who ran away after impragneting a bar girl and are unwilling to pay any money for them or the parentless children i think you'r a bit shortminded when you comment like this maybe you wished someone started a go fund me for you and your a bit jellous 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

I always wonder why, when people are down, haters like you and others find it necessary to be mean-spirited and poke the dead man in the eye. You heartless trolls need to wake up one day with a life threatening situation that prevents any attempts of communication with the outside world. Just suffer silently and hope another troll doesnt poke your eye. 

You are more bad then the scam artists trying to get money threu go fund me he has enough money so he can pay and he also didn't ask them to stop the go fund me pages scam artists just like you narrowminded ...kisser 

What a bunch of Haters. I know Kevin and he is a nice guy. He is a hard worker, even if it is his hobby.

I can't believe how many people start poking at him and they don't even know him.

He even admits that he made a mistake not getting health insurance. He recommends other to get insurance and not make the mistake he did. He never asked for money. It was a friend of his, who I know as well, that started the go fund me campaign. Kevin had nothing to do with it.

The guy who started the Go Fund Me campaign has also started them for Thais who could afford there own surgeries.

Usually I just blow off these negative comments, but I guess this one hit to close to home.

I wish Kevin the best going forward.

4 hours ago, Melbun said:

Well look you heartless pr**ks - do you all like kicking a man when he's down? Yes, obviously you do. Simply said - I don't care whether he goes from female to female - enjoy I say - like  just about all fellows that go to Pattaya do. Right ?

Now - I saw his latest video and he has never begged money for his health's sake - but was thankful if people do donate. He does ask for donations to fund his channel - like everyone does. I have enjoyed his channel - he puts a lot of effort in and deserves a helping hand now. It's not going to kill anyone to donate a fiver (or more) - but it may well kill him if he has insufficient funds to continue treatment. Get off your high horses  you amoral ars**oles.

And you are?

We decide whether to donate - not you. 

Get off your high horse. Nothing to do with you what any of us decide to do!

The guy decided to self finance any health issues and says he has enough to cover his treatment so no problem there. I don't understand why anyone would start a gofundme campaign for him in these circumstances. I certainly will not be making a donation. I don't like his blogs but have no ill feelings towards the guy and hope he recovers but he should do something to help himself and stop smoking. 

27 minutes ago, reallybigken said:

I know Kevin and he is a nice guy. He is a hard worker, even if it is his hobby

I have met him too and as another poster said, he is just a "self promoting a $$hole" and i don't believe for one minute that his youtube channel is just a hobby. He is doing it for money

33 minutes ago, Peterhua said:

I have met him too and as another poster said, he is just a "self promoting a $$hole" and i don't believe for one minute that his youtube channel is just a hobby. He is doing it for money

People like to brag about having money. 

I am not so sure Kev has a lot of savings, maybe he used to but now he is trying his best to make a living of posting Youtube videos.  If you get 500 000 hits on one video you can earn $800 on this video alone. 

Of course illegal in Thailand without a work permit. 

30 minutes ago, balo said:

People like to brag about having money. 

I am not so sure Kev has a lot of savings, maybe he used to but now he is trying his best to make a living of posting Youtube videos.  If you get 500 000 hits on one video you can earn $800 on this video alone. 

Of course illegal in Thailand without a work permit. 

Kevin has said himself that he has properties (s, more than 1) to sell in Spain

6 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

He hounded a fellow youtuber and his wife and suffered a defamation case against her also.

Not so, Twitchy never persued it. Burt was taken to court for defamation of 2 ladies in Pattaya. And lost his case.

What a bounty of hate filled, venomous rhetoric from posters. From various comments, one would think this man's financial matters, character or love life is anyone's business. GoFundme, GiveMe or Believe-You-Me are not mandatory and up to you.

6 hours ago, usviphotography said:

It isn't "begging" it is just the business model of the new media system. When you think about it, it is actually a lot more moral than the legacy system which relies on ad money from mega corporations. If you like the content people make, send them money if you want. If you don't like their stuff or just don't have money to spare, don't. In this system, the content creator is incetivized to please his users, not his advertisers. It helps free us from corporate influence. I've watched a couple of this guy's videos before. He seems to be entertaining enough. That Lindybeige dude from the UK who does military and history related stuff makes over $10,000 USD a month in user generated donations for his videos. 

..he's not my cup of Tetley.

1 minute ago, Benmart said:

What a bounty of hate filled, venomous rhetoric from posters. From various comments, one would think this man's financial matters, character or love life is anyone's business. GoFundme, GiveMe or Believe-You-Me are not mandatory and up to you.

When you live your life on YouTube, it becomes public property. He has commented on YouTube on his financial matters, and love life and tries to give a whitewashed version of his character. All to make a few shekels. He also encouraged people to visit his fellow vlogger's go fund me page. That makes him fair game.

I've met the guy, live near him and frequent the same bars/restaurants. I'm entitled to express my opinion.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

He has commented on YouTube on his financial matters, and love life and tries to give a whitewashed version of his character. All to make a few shekels.

Exactly, so if he gets seriously ill he needs to inform the world on Youtube to earn money to be able to stay in Thailand. Makes sense really. 

Maybe his last video will be even more popular because of all the extra attention he is getting from TV and other media. Good for him. 

12 hours ago, Peterhua said:

Opinions may very.

Have you started a channel on YouTube? Do you have an understanding of how much income you get? It usually isn't even enough to cover equipment costs.

Well I wish Kevin the best .... and I guess I wish you the best in your life going forward as well.

Hate just begets Hate.

Unfortunately people post carelessly, it is not our place to judge especially when we are ignorant of the facts. Believe half of what you see and nothing you hear and you will enjoy life.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Sorry if its been mentioned, but doesn't gofundme have a follow-up system to see the money has been alllocated to where it should have...i.e his bill paid and uploaded to a public space on his page later ?

Without that its just too dodgy to give to him - combined with people who know this guy and say what he is like...

2 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Sorry if its been metioned, but does'nt gofundme have a follow-up system to see the money

has been alllocated to where it should have...i.e his bill paid and uploaded to a public space on his page later.

Without that its just too dodgy to give to him combined with people who know this guy and say what he is like...

There have been many cases of GoFundMe scams. Easy to scam.

Let me hypothesise on Burt's case:

1. Burt is willing to pay the bill himself, let's say a total of 2 million baht.

2. Thailand Rob, a serial scammer, raises said 2 m baht and agrees with Burt to split it 50-50.

3. Thailand Robber pays the 2m baht hospital bill. Sends the receipt to GoFundMe.

4. Burt gives Thailand Robber 1m baht.

5. Burt gets his hospital treatment at half price and Thailand Robber trousers 1m baht.

Simple if it weren't for the fact that they're a pair of robbing gits and will probably try to screw each other. Watch this space.

It also could have been parasitic, alien infection [emoji89], you clown!
The main causes are smoking, high alcohol intake, obesity, and of course, the no. 1 cause... genetics.
The survival rate used to be almost zero, (they just wasted away.). But these days it can be 50%.

Could be that he got the cancer from HPV - human papilloma virus from oral contact with an infected portion of a partner's body... the original infection could have taken place long before the diagnosis of cancer.

Sent from my CPH1727 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 hours ago, Sir Swagman said:

I am of the opinion that a smoker should not receive treatment for a condition that is smoking related, or if they do get treatment it should be an uninsurable event. If some poor bugger can come off a motorbike and be denied insurance why would a self-inflicted illness deserve coverage. And yes, I do realise that this man does not have insurance but the premise of no treatment would still apply. 

The nut jobs I have seen in wheelchairs after amputations from smoking related operations continuing to smoke. One was even smoking through a tube in his neck because of throat cancers as well! Complete waste of health resources treating people like that.

That silly smoker pays premium for insurance and the very same smoker pays enough tax in his life time to cover his and your treatment .

Even in Thailand tax on each pack is at least 100 baht . 

5 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

The dogs weren't given a choice.

If your Thai is good enough, you should try doing that sometime.

Stand in front of a soi dog, or a pack of them, and explain their options.

image.png.8f2de1a172c2a239d556c49c97b8c00b.png

"AH-TEN-SHUN!  Alright you retards and rejects, LISTEN UP!"

"All you lazy louts and no good hooligans who just want to coast through life sleeping, krapping, fighting, shagging, chasing push bikes and eating whatever leftovers I happen to bring you, for free, and no football, stand over there." >>>>> 

"All you no-good whores and bitches who just want to eat, sleep, krap, get shagged and spit out more louts and hooligans, as you do, stand over there." <<<<<<<

All the rest of you bastards are hereby offered the chance to give up your natural freedom and be confined to a small area 23 out of 24 hours, possibly chained to a tree, or some other fixed object.  You'll be told to shut up when you speak and be resented every time you take a krap.  You'll have to pretend to enjoy playing with other species of animals, and may have to endure frequent, involuntary baths and multiple, painful jabs.  You'll have no rights to or control over your image and likeness on social media, up to and including explicit shots of your Sir Anthony or Brighton Rock if your human "owner" deems it adorable.  You'll be fed cooked human left overs and rice that's gone off but concealed with fish sauce, same as what's delivered to you now, for free.  You will always be spoken to or shouted at like a child, in human language, which you must pretend to understand.  You may also be required to support Chelsea FC." 

"That's it!  All you smart dogs capable of making choices, take one step forward!".

image.png.c39cb771cc4fb4709536b83d3c115ffa.png

Strikes me that if someone's else doesn't fit in to a poster's rather narrow remit on how we should live our lives then they are fair game for hate.  Even if he is networking in order to fund treatment- so what?  I guess some people are saying that only those in traditional occupations should attempt to fund treatment.

Archived