How much are we worth?

A site like this needs members and it needs opinions basically needs any imput.

This site is obviously worth money.

Then my question is what are we worth? Please share my your estimation of worth/compensation what u think is reasonable for ur contribution here? 

• Haha 1

I think a reasonable compensation for my comments are other people's comments.

Basically we all talk to each other and we exchange information. People do this normally without compensation.

If we don't get the feedback we think we deserve we can stop anytime.

If I would have to answer questions and if I would have to do it accurately then I would work i.e. for computer support and not TV.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, jmd8800 said:

You are worth what ever Thaivisa can get out of your data at the time they want to sell it. Same goes with Google, facebook, Instagram and the list goes on.

You are the product. And you are the consumer. The profiteer is the middleman.

Not sure what "data" TVF could sell. The real vultures are the other companies you mentioned, that are 'involved' with the forum.

5 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Not sure what "data" TVF could sell. The real vultures are the other companies you mentioned, that are 'involved' with the forum.

In the simplest terms TVF show you ads. The hopes are that people will click on those ads and buy something. Data analytics will tell them who does what and then the targeting begins. While Google etc are the big players, TVF is a middleman connecting potential buyers to potential sellers. That data is then monetized.

That is just the beginning of the story. There are plenty of books around that detail corporate surveillance. Not to mention gov't surveillance.

But having said that TVF provides an excellent service. The signal to noise ration might be high at times but I'm sure the TVF has gotten many many people out of a jam with good solid information. We all have to foot the bill for these services one way of another.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

from them

Who?

If that comment is linked to your original post you are either taking the proverbial (bridges spring to mind) or being somewhat duplicitous............