Regulators ground the Boeing 737 Max 8, but not in Thailand

webfact

So in a press conference about his cockamamie border wall Trump took credit for the U.S. FAA emergency order grounding all Boeing 737 Max 8 and Max 9 aircraft and barring from US airspace even thought the FAA has no real data about this second crash yet. The tail wags the dog these days.

That particular A/C is being grounded for safety reasons, and rightly so. However, in typical Thai style, life is not important, revenue is! Money comes first...as witnessed in most walks of Thai culture.

As I mentioned previously, Thailand is ranked 23rd most dangerous country to visit and within the top 20 most polluted countries and within the top 1st or 2nd for the most dangerous roads in the world. 

Money is more important than the welfare of both humans, animals plus nature...

Thailand grounded it also.  https://thethaiger.com/news/world/update-thailand-grounds-thai-lion-air-boeing-737-max-fleet

Many countries follow FAA or European air  directives not because "money comes first" but they don't have the huge regulatory infrastructure of the US or Europe it allows them to participate in international alliances like SkyTeam and more easily keep up with international safety standards and requirements. If you look these countries aviation law book sections you will see they are directly translated from FAA. etc.

Edited by Date Masamune
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

Thailand grounded it also.  https://thethaiger.com/news/world/update-thailand-grounds-thai-lion-air-boeing-737-max-fleet

Many countries follow FAA or European air  directives not because "money comes first" but they don't have the huge regulatory infrastructure of the US or Europe it allows them to participate in international alliances like SkyTeam and more easily keep up with international safety standards and requirements. If you look these countries aviation law book sections you will see they are directly translated from FAA. etc.

Actually I have dealt with Civil Aviation offices all over the world as I was a DER ( Designated Engineering Representative) that had approval electrical installation sign off for installation of various electrical retrofitted systems including flight test.  I would have to say that most of the foreign agencies follow the UK CAA rules and many are manned by retired CAA employees evident by the Pith Helmet and Safari Jacket hanging on the clothes rack when in their office!

18 hours ago, stevenl said:

So Europe, US and others are not part of 'the rest of the world'.

His remarks were simply incorrect, nonsense.

Steven  Thailand has finally grounded the faulty planes ,for a week ???? 

if problems have still not been rectified by then....I suppose they will

be allowed to fly!

regards Worgeordie

Actually I have dealt with Civil Aviation offices all over the world as I was a DER ( Designated Engineering Representative) that had approval electrical installation sign off for installation of various electrical retrofitted systems including flight test.  I would have to say that most of the foreign agencies follow the UK CAA rules and many are manned by retired CAA employees evident by the Pith Helmet and Safari Jacket hanging on the clothes rack when in their office!

UK rules and not EASa or FAA? No wonder the breixit is such a good idea the Brits taught the birds to fly don t tell the aussies though!

So why don’t People go to Chiang Mai International aerodrome to get on an ATR aeroplane with airscrews and alighting gear for touchdown?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Date Masamune said:

Well at least that was a last minute knee jerk reaction by the aviation authorities of Thailand,..... 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Steven  Thailand has finally grounded the faulty planes ,for a week ???? 

if problems have still not been rectified by then....I suppose they will

be allowed to fly!

regards Worgeordie

Seems very unlikely.

Again, wiggling won't get you out of the hole you dug for yourself, it will only deepen it.

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Seems very unlikely.

Again, wiggling won't get you out of the hole you dug for yourself, it will only deepen it.

wiggling ! ,faced with facts you still don't get it,i have not got a spade

so cannot dig any holes,take care and keep up your crusade to defend

Thailand even if sometimes it can be in the wrong,and don't let common 

sense or hard facts get in the way,

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

wiggling ! ,faced with facts you still don't get it,i have not got a spade

so cannot dig any holes,take care and keep up your crusade to defend

Thailand even if sometimes it can be in the wrong,and don't let common 

sense or hard facts get in the way,

regards Worgeordie

Where am I defending Thailand?

I am only saying that your post ' Another case of Thailand knows better than the rest of the World ' at a point when USA, Canada, Europe and many others did not ban the 737 Max is incorrect, nonsense.

Now Thailand has banned as well we can see that Thailand realises it doesn't have enough knowledge here and is simply following the FAA.

• Thanks 1