How much for the wifes holiday back home in Issan?

crickets

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:
9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Some of us don't want that she works - especially the kind of work which she would get with her limited education.

Some call it luxury wife, personally I think it's just normal that the guy works and makes money and she takes care of the home.

Personally I prefer to stay with a girl who spends most of her time with me or at our home. If she would have a normal job she would be at least 8h a day away from home working. If that would be the case could I expect that they cleans and cooks before and after her work? Or should I do that myself?

No, I am no fan of cleaning and cooking...

[...]

If she works 8 hrs a day why would you not do at very least half the household chores??

If she went to work perhaps she could be bringing interesting conversation to the dinner table with you

That is exactly my point.

I don't like household chores and I try to avoid them as much as possible.

And now I can do that because my girlfriend does these things because she does not work somewhere else. Now if she does 100% of the household work I don't have a bad concise.

She likes it like that, I like it like that, everybody is happy.

And no, it's not necessary that she works to provide interesting dinner conversation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Peasandmash said:

You don't think you'd spend 8000 baht on a holiday in Phuket, yet you give your wife 20K baht a month for ?? The simple answer is dump the wife and go live in Phuket. 

did you get that watch from a thai general?

52 minutes ago, BestB said:

Safe to assume not only you not married to a Thai but have never been

to isaan let alone Thailand ????

100% wrong! I just don't deal with ladies of the night with sick buffalos.

I leave that for people like you.

Edited by pr9spk
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You mean you couldn't figure out by yourself that kids cost a fortune and need someone to take care of them constantly before you had kids?

Given how useless a lot of parents are where I live ( they let their kids run wild to cause problems in the town ) either some pre parents don't know, don't care, or just do it for the money the government gives them to breed.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Safe to assume not only you not married to a Thai but have never been

to isaan let alone Thailand ????

I've been all over Thailand and never visited Issan. I once asked on the Issan sub forum for reasons to go, but no one was able to persuade me there was anything worth spending my time there for, rather than elsewhere.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 473geo said:

Anybody who thinks supporting a wife to allow her to be at home, to take good care of the children, a little home schooling, look after the property, take the children to and from school, be a home maker, look after the farm, and be there for her parents, is 'buying' a wife. either cannot easily afford to do it, or is not understanding of the input/benefit from the wife.

Better you guys keep renting, single and cheap, appears to fit better than your understanding of a 'marriage'

Um, back in the west, where we on here all come from, wives do that and go to work as well. If they are lucky, husband shares the home work.

Why should Thai wives be different?

Even if I could afford to do it, I wouldn't, as don't have kids and don't want a wife that sits around watching soaps, gossiping all day on her phone and getting fat, just so she can sweep the floor and cook some food.

BTW, given the culture gap, marriage in LOS and in the west are different beasts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Yeah she could have been slurping all that lovely coke when she really just wanted a beer.

She had a lucky escape !

She didn't drink beer. Her choice of drug was wine, which she paid for herself.

Lucky escapes go both ways. I think I was lucky to escape before I threw any more money in the black hole of her family. I didn't give them money, but they sure got lucky with all the household appliances I couldn't take with me.

15 hours ago, 55Jay said:

Not sure why she'd be listening British noise from an ex-brick layer.

She likes normal American music, like Led Zepplin, Duran Duran and the Pet Shop Boys.

What are you on about Jay?

Duran Duran were Yugoslavian....

Everybody knows that.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At Dukes perhaps. In Issan it would cost about 50 baht or less each. 

This is Issan we are talking about, not Siam Square.

How do you know? Just a few posts above you pointed out you never have been in Isaan ... (* confused *)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

At Dukes perhaps. In Issan it would cost about 50 baht or less each. 

This is Issan we are talking about, not Siam Square.

A place you say you've never been to, Issan, that is.

Oops, Enki beat me to it.

Edited by shy coconut
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Enki said:

How do you know? Just a few posts above you pointed out you never have been in Isaan ... (* confused *)

:cheesy:

A Thai meal elsewhere in LOS costs 50 baht or less. It's hardly going to cost more in Issan, is it?

Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Your replay was "to a family of four" ... that would be 200 Baht, not 50. And yes, the 50 Baht prices are probably over since a few years. To find a shop that cheap you need eagle eyes ???? or take no water or other drinks.

And in case you want to nitpick, family of 4:

o  200 Baht per meal outside ... but likely they buy for 6 and eat at home: 300 Baht

o  3 meals a day: 900 Baht

o  3 days stay: 3000 Baht

Yes, I roughly rounded numbers ...

Edited by Enki
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pr9spk said:

Next time she wants money to go back to Isaan, give her nothing and tell her that you will be accompanying her and paying for both of you. You'll spend much less than 8000 baht. Her reaction to such a gesture will tell you everything you need to know about her.

Good idea. But I wouldn't bet that he will spend less money.

Personally I was often enough up-country. I don't like it and I am happy if she goes alone.

And I accept there are cost involved - just like real life.

45 minutes ago, Enki said:

Your replay was "to a family of four" ... that would be 200 Baht, not 50. And yes, the 50 Baht prices are probably over since a few years. To find a shop that cheap you need eagle eyes ???? or take no water or other drinks.

o  200 Baht per meal outside ... but likely they buy for 6 and eat at home: 300 Baht

o  3 meals a day: 900 Baht

o  3 days stay: 3000 Baht

Yes, I roughly rounded numbers ...

I did say "At Dukes perhaps. In Issan it would cost about 50 baht or less each.

NB the last word.

And yes, the 50 Baht prices are probably over since a few years. To find a shop that cheap you need eagle eyes  or take no water or other drinks.

There were loads of places in Chiang Mai I could eat for 50 baht or less 18 months ago. Water free. There was one near Grace Dental I ate at after seeing the dentist.

You seem to not have much experience of Thailand if you think it's hard to find meals for 50 baht. Try getting out of the tourist areas.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I did say "At Dukes perhaps. In Issan it would cost about 50 baht or less each.

NB the last word.

And yes, the 50 Baht prices are probably over since a few years. To find a shop that cheap you need eagle eyes  or take no water or other drinks.

There were loads of places in Chiang Mai I could eat for 50 baht or less 18 months ago. Water free. There was one near Grace Dental I ate at after seeing the dentist.

You seem to not have much experience of Thailand if you think it's hard to find meals for 50 baht. Try getting out of the tourist areas.

I live in Isaan, silly one. If you want to look it up: Nakoo, close to Nakae.

Edited by Enki
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Enki said:

More likely they would cook it themselves at home, so just the cost of ingredients. When my wife's family came to visit, she always cooked for them- NEVER bought food ready cooked.