Britain in Brexit chaos - parliament crushes May's EU deal again

webfact

On 3/13/2019 at 6:44 AM, Basil B said:

You are wrong, They will have a chance tomorrow and I confidently predict the motion to leave without a deal will have the support of less than 60 MP's, Tories have a free vote on this.

I'm shocked at how wrong you were & how close the vote was...

I also would have put the number of MPs voting for No Deal in the 10s, I'd have probably put it lower than your 60...

36 minutes ago, vogie said:

Mays deal is still on the table and there is a possiblity that it still could be voted on again, and even another time after that, I hope I don't sound enthusiastic about her deal.

As for last nights vote on taking no deal off the table, it was just advisory, not meaninless, but advisory. No deal still remains on the table and the only way to remove it, is vote for a deal or revoke art 50. I'm sure our very own ThaiVisa political reporter will be along shortly to confirm this.

As for tonights vote for an extension, all 27 EU countries must agree to our request if we ask for one. There are a couple of countries already that have already expressed concerns about our request for one, and Nigel Farage and believe some Tory MPs have already spoken to some EU countries already about vetoing our request should we ask.

There is still plenty of life left in brexit yet, it is not a done deal that many remainers want us to believe. But if nothing else brexit has given the people of the UK yet another acronym........DINO, democracy in name only.

Para 1/2: Correct.

Para 3: Dreamland.

Para 4: Lost it.

Edited by SheungWan

7 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I also would have put the number of MPs voting for No Deal in the 10s, I'd have probably put it lower than your 60...

It got complicated by the amendment that was passed and therefore became part of the substantive motion.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Parliament has “remained sovereign throughout our membership to the EU” despite people “not always feeling like that”, the Brexit White Paper says. 

Well, bully for the white paper. I know where I'd hang it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

A lot of MPs took May's line in that, whilst no deal is on the table, it gives a bargaining chip to the UK when dealing with the EU. Laughable.

There are only 47 MPs, Moggy's ERG group, who would be happy with a no deal exit.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vogie said:

Mays deal is still on the table and there is a possiblity that it still could be voted on again, and even another time after that, I hope I don't sound enthusiastic about her deal.

As for last nights vote on taking no deal off the table, it was just advisory, not meaninless, but advisory. No deal still remains on the table and the only way to remove it, is vote for a deal or revoke art 50. I'm sure our very own ThaiVisa political reporter will be along shortly to confirm this.

As for tonights vote for an extension, all 27 EU countries must agree to our request if we ask for one. There are a couple of countries already that have already expressed concerns about our request for one, and Nigel Farage and believe some Tory MPs have already spoken to some EU countries already about vetoing our request should we ask.

There is still plenty of life left in brexit yet, it is not a done deal that many remainers want us to believe. But if nothing else brexit has given the people of the UK yet another acronym........DINO, democracy in name only.

Or call it Britanic... sunk without trace.

20 minutes ago, Spidey said:

A lot of MPs took May's line in that, whilst no deal is on the table, it gives a bargaining chip to the UK when dealing with the EU. Laughable.

There are only 47 MPs, Moggy's ERG group, who would be happy with a no deal exit.

No-deal is still on the table and even if there is a delay to the withdrawal, no-deal remains there. It only goes away with one of two things: Withdrawal of Article 50 or Parliament agreeing a deal with the EU. Theresa May pointed this out. (and 'er Rees-Mogg). Parliament still not fully grasped it yet, though it would be weird if N-D was allowed to prevail after last night's vote, so the odds are small if not disappeared.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Are you sure about that. Seems either your opinion or facts are.. worthless.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-politics-47554832

There are FOUR Welsh MPs who want to keep the 'no deal' option open while there is an outside chance that negotiations could be continued - if that is possible.  Seems either your opinion or facts are...worthless.

10 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

There are FOUR Welsh MPs who want to keep the 'no deal' option open while there is an outside chance that negotiations could be continued - if that is possible.  Seems either your opinion or facts are...worthless.

Obviously you can't read. The poster stated that only the ERG MPs want a no deal. This proves they are wrong regardless of the size. I am sure I can find more but the point was made. The statement was worthless but thanks for trying.

A bit like when you asked for reasons why I would benefit from leaving the EU. i gave you one. You just didn't like it.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Obviously you can't read. The poster stated that only the ERG MPs want a no deal. This proves they are wrong regardless of the size. I am sure I can find more but the point was made. The statement was worthless but thanks for trying.

Actually, the poster is correct in that while the ERG MPs want a no-deal, the 4 Welsh MPs only want that option if and when negotiations continue. It's a tactic.

I would agree that, for whatever reason, there could be more MPs who would want a no-deal if that benefits them politically or financially as you have selflishly demonstrated.  Such is human nature, and not for the benefit of the UK populous. 

Edited by stephenterry
addition to text.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

A bit like when you asked for reasons why I would benefit from leaving the EU. i gave you one. You just didn't like it.

Quite ironic of you to claim that others can't read considering you have completely misunderstood what was written, or do you not know the difference between wanting something to happen and wanting an option to be available for others to choose?

edit:  By your response I take that as a no.  Poor you!

Edited by Kieran00001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Most of your post is speculation, Parliament doesn't even know what will happen yet.

As for your remark on HM the Queen, you do know that she is a Brexiteer and the first thing she will do when we leave is deport Philip.

Does deporting Philip involve filtering him back into a decanter?

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Taking no deal off the table obviously reduces the uk's bargaining power....

But agree with your second para. - whilst the electorate voted to leave, MPs feel differently and will do everything possible to stop this happening.

Some of the electorate voted to leave.

MPs have a duty to represent the whole of their constituencies, the electorate, those not old enough to

vote and, importantly the business community.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Some of the electorate voted to leave.

MPs have a duty to represent the whole of their constituencies, the electorate, those not old enough to

vote and, importantly the business community.

"MPs have a duty to represent the whole of their constituencies"

Agree entirely, which is why any of those in leave constituencies obviously supporting remain, will be in trouble at the next GE ????.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

"MPs have a duty to represent the whole of their constituencies"

Agree entirely, which is why any of those in leave constituencies obviously supporting remain, will be in trouble at the next GE ????.

As I said at the time, I took part in campaigning during the last general election.

The issue of Brexit was rarely raised by any of the hundreds of people I spoke to.

You might of course have a different insight.

• Like 1

A bit like your posts. Your link proved my point. I said that only 47 MPs would 

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Are you sure about that. Seems either your opinion or facts are.. worthless.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-politics-47554832

Just like your posts. 47 MP's would be happy with a no deal Brexit -ERG. Others wanted it leaving on the table as a negotiating tool only, as I'd said and your link amplified.

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

A bit like your posts. Your link proved my point. I said that only 47 MPs would 

Just like your posts. 47 MP's would be happy with a no deal Brexit -ERG. Others wanted it leaving on the table as a negotiating tool only, as I'd said and your link amplified.

No You said just the 47 MP's of the ERG would, so get the fact what you stated correct. I clearly shown that it is not just the ERG.

I hope you are not one of those posters who tries to present a portion of what they said as fact.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

How would that solve the issue that there is a UK law saying the UK has to leave 29 March? Let’s imagine May revokes Article 50, or agrees with the EU on an extension. Wouldn’t she be breaking UK law? 

No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1