Immigration Address Check On Saturday For Visa

6 hours ago, haymanpl said:

At the end of the day, nothing intrusive or anything to worry about. Now i think he'll remember us and next year should be a quick and easy process to renew my visa at the office.

wishful thinking.....good luck with that

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:
10 hours ago, haymanpl said:

1. Man

2. Phuket town

3. Still married but i applied for a retirement visa as easier than marriage visa, which was granted.

Update : Everything went fine and no money was requested. 3 minute job. See my extended reply.

If you don't mind as it is not clear to me.  You changed from a marriage extension to a retirement extension?  Did your husband go with you to the IO when you changed to a retirement visa?

It would be his wife. The OP is a man.

20 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

What blank form? 

Don't know, it was in Thai. I guess i should have asked my Thai partner to read it but i know this guy from the immigration office has been there ever since i first applied 10 years ago so i trusted him and signed it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

If you don't mind as it is not clear to me.  You changed from a marriage extension to a retirement extension?  Did your husband go with you to the IO when you changed to a retirement visa? 

My partner always comes with me when i apply.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rickb said:

I've been on a retirement extension for seven years now (four years before that I was on a marriage extension).  Shortly after my annual extension last year in August, I received a phone call from an IO officer advising me that he would be visiting my home on the next Saturday and he wanted to confirm that I would be home.  I agreed to his visit.  When he came, he advised that he and his colleagues had a plan to eventually visit all farangs that were living in Suphanburi province just to get to know them and to understand where they lived.  He also asked why I did not have a marriage extension.  I advised him that I elected to use the retirement extension as it was easier to obtain annually.  He accepted this explanation.  He was very polite, never asked for money, took a few pictures of my wife and me in front of the house, and wished us well as he departed.  So, at least in Supahburi province, visits to farangs at their homes are now common and don't imply that there is anything wrong.  I, however, never had my passport taken from me by an IO.

Exactly why i apply for Retirement visa instead of a marriage visa as well, It's Easier.

The only reason they took my passport is because i applied on a Thursday and would normally return the next day, Friday, so they saved me a visit and delivered it the next day, Saturday.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mavideol said:

they want to know if you do still live there, lately it happens very often, maybe they got information saying the contrary, with IMO anything (lately) it's possible as for keeping the passports, because IMO  very surprised with some answers because the IMO office keeps one's passports while investigating or on suspicion of something, it happen to me, my wife, 2 of my neighbors last month, as for the passport return in exchange for the "envelope" be prepared for anything, they will come up with some shitty stuff to extort, unfortunately see it happen very often

The only reason they took my passport is because i applied on a Thursday and would normally return the next day, Friday, so they saved me a visit and delivered it the next day, Saturday which is the day they took the photos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, haymanpl said:

The only reason they took my passport is because i applied on a Thursday and would normally return the next day, Friday, so they saved me a visit and delivered it the next day, Saturday which is the day they took the photos.

I got their visit on a Friday noon, they took the passport and asked me to visit their office Monday morning, once I arrived there and in order to get the passport back had to hand an envelope, I asked WHY and was told .....because he said so

• Like 2

I had an IO schedule his visit on a Saturday when getting my first extension based upon marriage. In the office (Phuket), he made it very clear that he was doing this on his own time, paying for his own gas, and expected some sort of compensation.

He and his wife rolled up to the house on Saturday driving a brand new Fortuner. Never even went inside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrDave said:

I had an IO schedule his visit on a Saturday when getting my first extension based upon marriage. In the office (Phuket), he made it very clear that he was doing this on his own time, paying for his own gas, and expected some sort of compensation.

He and his wife rolled up to the house on Saturday driving a brand new Fortuner. Never even went inside.

how much did you fit into the envelope, fortuner full tank is quite expensive 555

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, DrDave said:

Video them! 

It would appear that home visits are now common on many first applications. It will be interesting to see if there are annual or random visits on renewals.

My recent experience: I applied to change tourist to non-o (based on retirement) at CW last month (Feb 2019). The IO told me they would call to schedule a visit to my condo in Phaya Thai. They did call and came a few days later, bang on time. It was two officers in uniform and I think the condo manager thought i was in trouble :)

The two officers were very polite and came into the room. They looked at Passport, Bank book, Bank Statement, Title Deeds etc. - all of which they already had copies. They then had me hold the PP and BB open on relevent pages and took a picture of me. They also wanted a copy of my gf's ID card and signed form from her (what would have happened if I was alone or had no gf I wonder?). Then they took pictures of me alone, me and gf and finally me, gf and one of the officers in front of the condo door with the house number. They left the building to their car.

I went back to CW just over 1 week later to get my PP stamped with the new visa (valid 3 months from first entry). I have to go back before 4th May to get the extension stamped. I'm asuming they give me the remaining 9 months or will it be a whole year? Anyone know?

On 3/18/2019 at 5:42 AM, haymanpl said:

Don't know, it was in Thai. I guess i should have asked my Thai partner to read it but i know this guy from the immigration office has been there ever since i first applied 10 years ago so i trusted him and signed it.

Did it look something like this?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/form_acknow_con2stay_new.pdf

Or something like this?

http://www.interprogram.ku.ac.th/newsite/images/overstay-page-004_Page_1.pdf

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

I tried that and the result was not good, got me into a lot of more trouble.....not good advise, it's risky

Yeah I can see that, even on your own property. Land of the free and all that!