After two months, British man remains barricaded in Phuket Town condo

webfact

After two months, British man remains barricaded in Phuket Town condo

1552626008_1-org.jpg

Australian-born Brit, David Maclean, 50, from Brisbane, is seen leaning out of a window at the condo on Feb 2. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: After two months barricaded in a Phuket Town condo amid an extended dispute with the landlord, Australian-born British national David Maclean, 50, from Brisbane, remains locked in the apartment despite police previously assuring that action would be taken when his immigration permit to stay in the country expired on Feb 21.

Mr Maclean has not left the condo, located at the “Supalai Park at Phuket City” complex on Nakorn Rd, since Jan 14 amid a dispute with the landlady over paying the rent. Repeated attempts by police and representatives from the British embassy to convince Mr Maclean to at least open the door have failed. 

The situation escalated on Feb 2 when police became concerned that Mr Maclean might jump from the balcony of the ninth-floor condo, prompting Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana to arrive at the scene along with high-ranking Phuket City Police officers to assess the situation.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/after-two-months-british-man-remains-barricaded-in-phuket-town-condo-70717.php#ObM2oC9xDZduKiqR.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-03-15

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bet its starting to smell bad in there. If I dont go out for most of the day, my crib smells like a walrus colony.

And yes, dudes, I have smelled a walrus colony. Its something you dont forget. Like your first plate of Igunak. Look it up.

43 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Bet its starting to smell bad in there. If I dont go out for most of the day, my crib smells like a walrus colony.

And yes, dudes, I have smelled a walrus colony. Its something you dont forget. Like your first plate of Igunak. Look it up.

REminder to SELF;    If in the unimaginable event of an invite from Nyezhov to visit his "crib", respectfully decline said invite.

38 minutes ago, The Stranger said:

At this stage he's in overstay, they can go in without permission and arrest him... case closed... next!!!

Police have a tendency to let these things just play out. He will need food sooner or later and Thais have a wonderful ability to wait patiently.

I remember a few years ago when random breath testing started to become common, there was a case that got a bit of attention where a woman got pulled over for a breath test, was possibly over the limit so she simply locked the doors and stayed in the car.

About 8 hours or so later, she decides she is no longer drunk, and winds down the window. Police test her. Never heard if she was booked for something but the police patiently waited her out. She must have had a bladder the size of a baby elephant's.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

That’s why he’s got his head out the window in the photo.

Even though it was reported that he had barricaded himself in, you wouldn't think that a rented condo would have enough to stop someone determined getting in in short order.

Unless he is an ex-sailor who understands bracing..................:thumbsup:

Make sure someone is covering the windows and kick the door in.

Does anybody actually believe this? Water OK - you can drink from the tap- won’t kill you. Enough beer and food for two months? 

I have met a few people ( weirdly always American - they love these fads) who proudly pronounce they are going on a water fasting diet- maybe if he is still there - just trying to lose a few pounds.

Fake news? 

1 hour ago, AWillOz said:

A ???? powered circular saw and in one minute the door won't be there. It's only a couple of hundred dollars to replace. Much cheaper than the list rent or consequences of what damage he might do. 

Maybe there worried in case he jumps, cleaning bill be a bit more than a bit of Sawdust..

1 hour ago, AWillOz said:

A ???? powered circular saw and in one minute the door won't be there. It's only a couple of hundred dollars to replace. Much cheaper than the list rent or consequences of what damage he might do. 

Battering ram would be much quicker. They could also get someone to swing down from the above balcony, Iranian embassy style.

Wondering if they know if he's still alive anyway, the head out of the window pic is almost six weeks old. 

1 minute ago, Austrian26 said:

the condo is charging thai visitors 40 baht and foreigners 200 baht to view this monkey. police gets a 50% cut. 

no way they will turn off electric, or open the door. 

Is that fact or did you just make it up ?

Archived