Aust Spouse Visa Granted

Hello

We have had great news today.

My Thai husband was granted residency to Aust.

It took 6 weeks after his interview at the Embassy. His interview went well; His case officer notified him on the day that his application was stong however we needed to provide an Assurance of Support (AOS). - As I have not yet organised employment for my return to Sydney.

Other wise he would have been granted his visa on the interview day.

My parents arranged to be his AOS through centrelink in Aust.

*** For those of you who need to organise an AOS in the future - Be sure that the staff at centrelink knw what they are doing and have provided this service before. My parents had a mishap when the centrelink staff gave them the wrong forms to fill in, they also didnt contact my parents to inform them of this incident. My parents later called to make enquiries and were then told. They went to another Centrelink office and had the service completed and approved in 2 days.

My husbands case officer was great to both him and myself. We are very happy with the service the embassy gave. Also Thanks to the regular posters who have been through the Aust visa process - you wer lots of help.

We are now going to enjoy Songkran in Thai and then head to Australia after that.

Cheers. trina

Hello

We have had great news today.

My Thai husband was granted residency to Aust.

It took 6 weeks after his interview at the Embassy. His interview went well; His case officer notified him on the day that his application was stong however we needed to provide an Assurance of Support (AOS). - As I have not yet organised employment for my return to Sydney.

Other wise he would have been granted his visa on the interview day.

My parents arranged to be his AOS through centrelink in Aust.

*** For those of you who need to organise an AOS in the future - Be sure that the staff at centrelink knw what they are doing and have provided this service before. My parents had a mishap when the centrelink staff gave them the wrong forms to fill in, they also didnt contact my parents to inform them of this incident. My parents later called to make enquiries and were then told. They went to another Centrelink office and had the service completed and approved in 2 days.

My husbands case officer was great to both him and myself. We are very happy with the service the embassy gave. Also Thanks to the regular posters who have been through the Aust visa process - you wer lots of help.

We are now going to enjoy Songkran in Thai and then head to Australia after that.

Cheers. trina

Cheers Trina.....good advice on the AOS....Hope you have a good Songkran and luck for the future