Clothes Clearout!

Nilapat

So, I'm clearing out my wardrobe, and it seems that I will end up with bags and bags of clothes that I don't wear anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas for where I can take them? It would be a shame to throw them away. I live in A. Muang, so it would be great if anyone had ideas for places that are convenient.

Thanks!

So, I'm clearing out my wardrobe, and it seems that I will end up with bags and bags of clothes that I don't wear anymore.

Does anyone have any ideas for where I can take them? It would be a shame to throw them away. I live in A. Muang, so it would be great if anyone had ideas for places that are convenient.

Thanks!

the amount of tramp and beggars around it wouldnt take long to find one and giving personally is a real buzz the smile and ways you will get is great i did it last year made me feel great every time you see them they remember and dont pester you for any more hand outs :o

There are many orgs in CM that will take your clothes and give them to needy people out in the sticks. I think there's plenty of outreach here in the city. If I were you, I'd try to find a group that will take them out to the hilltribes (say) and give them to those that often don't see a helping hand, or some help without any religious strings attached to it. Good Morning Chiang Mai used to do an annual winter clothes drive - it's now the end of winter, and GMCM recently closed its doors. I believe you can still contact them thru their website and they'd be able to refer you where to go. Try [email protected]

Sadly, I believe that unless you really investigate the group, that much of your clothing will end up in the many giant laan meur song - second hand stores - that are literally all over CM. You may not know them, but the Thais do. Huge bins of stuff sold by piece or kilo to ladies in dust masks - I've been to see the madness with the gf. I'm all for recycling, but if you want them to go to people in need, rather than people trying to turn a baht off of it, do a little research first.

Also a worthy question for CM Expats Club. Try [email protected]