Aircon. Whats It Costing You ?

undercover

I have looked over the aircon threads here but theres nothing realy about the cost of running it.

I am thinking of instaling aircon in my bedroom that is about 6/5m. Ive been told a 9.500 btu would be about the right size ? I would run it for mabe 8 hours a night, what sort of cost can I expect.

I have looked over the aircon threads here but theres nothing realy about the cost of running it.

I am thinking of instaling aircon in my bedroom that is about 6/5m. Ive been told a 9.500 btu would be about the right size ? I would run it for mabe 8 hours a night, what sort of cost can I expect.

Make sure you've sized it right first. Check here:

http://www.openxtra.co.uk/articles/calculating-heat-load.php

I just put put a 12k BTU in a 3.5m x 5m room (big south facing window). Seems to work OK.

Costs me about.............................. oh, no baht, but I do live way up country, so don't need it really, to be honest, we do have nights that are muggy, but not many, so we can't justify the cost of the unit for the comfort it would bring, over the year I'm guessing it would run for maybe 4 or 5 weeks, so seems piontless.

I think anywhere from 500 to 1500 baht more each month.

That's about the range it costs me, except about 1200 max. About 3 months, do not use the air, then a little more with it peaking around Aug-Sept. Also, 9000BTU and bedroom a little larger and only at nights. Set at a modest temperature of 26-27 degrees.

Also, look at this link > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...c=11654&hl=

Thanks very much. it seems modern aircon units don't use as much electric as the old stuff did. I remember a friend years ago having an electric bill over 5000 bht cooling only his bedroom but his aircon was prehistoric and so noisey it could wake the dead!