Marriage extension - new re-entry required? Even old one still valid?

I have applied for extension of stay.

Non O basis, marriage.

My original re-entry permit from last extension is valid until some time in April, the day that extension from last year expire.

Can I still use that re-entry permit if I leave Thailand and return before the original re-entry permit expires?

Immigration officers told me that the original one is it still valid and I did not need a new one within the period the old re-entry is valid.

Actually plan leaving tonight.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, bkkthai said:

I have applied for extension of stay.

If you now have an "under consideration" stamp and a date to return for your extension I'm 99.9% certain you need a new re-entry permit.

Get one at the airport.

Have you applied for a new extension yet? Are on the the under consideration stamp now that has a report back date on it?

Normally you should get a new re-entry permit for the under consideration period if the report back date is after the date your extension ends.

The under consideration period is until the old extension expires. The same date as the re-entry was valid for.

Mean I have applied more than 1 month before extension expires and consideration period therefore until original expire date.

I just called the agent company uses and she reconfirmed that Officers confirmed to her that it was valid.

But i not sure with comments here.

7 minutes ago, bkkthai said:

The under consideration period is until the old extension expires. The same date as the re-entry was valid for.

It should not be a problem to use the re-entry permit you have now.

If your report back date was after the date your extension ends then you would need a new one.

20 minutes ago, bkkthai said:

Mean I have applied more than 1 month before extension expires and consideration period therefore until original expire date.

I just called the agent company uses and she reconfirmed that Officers confirmed to her that it was valid.

But i not sure with comments here.

It is valid.

You would only need a new re-entry permit if you were re-entering during the under consideration period and after the current re-entry permit expired.