Wheelchair-bound Khon Kaen teacher in apparent suicide

snoop1130

Wheelchair-bound Khon Kaen teacher in apparent suicide

By The Nation

3-65.jpg

A teacher who had become wheelchair-bound following a road accident in 2016 reportedly shot himself to death at his house in Khon Kaen’s Ban Phai district on Monday morning, police said.

Ban Phai police station was alerted at 7am that the 41-year-old schoolteacher in the northeastern province had killed himself.

Police learned from his wife and friends that the man lived with his wife and two children. 

He had become disabled and confined to a wheelchair following a road accident in late 2016.

Police said the man still taught despite his disability, and that his wife would take him to his school before going to work.

The wife and children told police that they heard several gunshots in the morning from his bedroom at the family’s house.

When they checked his room, they found that he had died from a single gunshot wound, with the other bullets having hit the ceiling, police said.

Police found no signs of foul play at the scene.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30366026

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-03-18

How very tragic, poor man, i can understand why he did it, but he had a wife and children, i feel for them.

Must admit there are times when i feel like ending it, being a tremendous burden on my wife, but that feeling doesnt last long.

I get visits from a few Thai visa members and that certainly helps.

R.I.P. YOUNG MAN far too young to die, my deepest condolences to his family.

11 minutes ago, colinneil said:

How very tragic, poor man, i can understand why he did it, but he had a wife and children, i feel for them.

Must admit there are times when i feel like ending it, being a tremendous burden on my wife, but that feeling doesnt last long.

I get visits from a few Thai visa members and that certainly helps.

R.I.P. YOUNG MAN far too young to die, my deepest condolences to his family.

It’s a pretty sad story. He was making a good contribution to society and his children’s lives. Really important to keep a positive outlook on life and living. Given that none of us get much time on the planet it’s sad to end it prematurely.

Tragic though this unfortunate man's death is, it was his choice I feel he was entitled to make. As so often is the case, the method he chose - probably because it was the only practicable one available - was unreliable, messy and doubtless distressing for the loved ones he left behind.

Many of us will eventually find outselves saddled with intolerable lives from which we may wish to escape, causing as little pain to ourselves and problems for others as possible. Unfortunately, even assuming we're well enough for the arduous journey, few of us can stump up the huge fees charged by the handful assisted-suicide clinics which exist in Europe.

So, please, won't some enterprising pharmaceutical company produce an affordable pill or potion - possibly a lethal drug laced with a hallucinogen  - available on prescription for those desperate for the ultimate happy ending?

Of course, there would have to be safeguards, but formulating them should not be beyond our legislators. 

Archived