Address change requirements.

Hello. Moved yesterday in Nongkhai. Was under the impression that it was up to my landlady to go to immigration and inform them of this move. Now, a neighbour has told me that I also have to go, to change some paperwork that must be up to date in my passport. I’m somewhat lost as what to do and the immigration building is quite a hike away. Is anyone sure of the proper requirements? Please tell this old fool what needs to be done...thanks jack.

I went to immigration a few days ago with a friend who was doing his 90 day report, and I asked about doing my address change (I moved back to Bangkok from Roi Et earlier this year).  They handed me a TM30, which you can download from here: http://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

The top part is for the house owner to fill out, bottom part will be returned to you as a receipt (I'd keep that in my passport and have it ready for the next time you do a 90-day report).  The second page is where your information goes, along with all the other foreigners who've moved into the same residence.  I couldn't do mine on the spot because I didn't have a copy of my father in-law's house book or ID.  These copies will probably need to be signed, too.

I told the lady (who gives the queue tickets) that I didn't have all the information I needed and asked how urgent it was to do this address change, she noticed that I'm due to come back next month to renew my extension and waved me off saying I should just take care of both on the same visit when I come back in April.  Of course you know what's going to happen - I'll come back in April to do the address change and extension, and they'll ask me why I waited so long to do my address change.