All D discount store

Guderian

All D stands for All Discount and is western owned , I believe Villa also has a stake. Their business model is aimed at low income Thais as customers.  Some own brand stuff and some labelled stuff. Nothing to get excited about really. 

46 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

All D stands for All Discount and is western owned , I believe Villa also has a stake. Their business model is aimed at low income Thais as customers.  Some own brand stuff and some labelled stuff. Nothing to get excited about really. 

Let's see their logo and then it will be clear. Siambury's has obviously set the bar here for 'borrowing' someone else's branding.

At least the logo would not let me be mislead.

aald.jpg

Many years ago there was an April 1 report about Aldi coming to Thailand in some German forum/expat source.

It resurfaces every other year like nessie.

11 hours ago, Oink said:

It is on Khao Talo next to the new market on the left about 300m up from the railway line.

Just a shop shell with the sign outside at the moment.

Thanks, Khao Talo seems to be the place to be these days. Looking at their website in Thai there's nothing very exciting there, but perhaps they'll cater more to the farang market in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 5:16 PM, champers said:

Does anyone know where the store will be? Anywhere near Net Toe or Lid Hell? I wish Sparks and Mencers would open a food hall here.

Soe Thidin and Talad Soe offers a great foodhall and bookstore near here, and SM would find a heavy concurrence with The Sko Baw.

On 3/21/2019 at 3:32 PM, KhunBENQ said:

At least the logo would not let me be mislead.

aald.jpg

Many years ago there was an April 1 report about Aldi coming to Thailand in some German forum/expat source.

It resurfaces every other year like nessie.

It is not unthinkable. A descendant Albrecht

being an expat like the many of us here

deciding it is time to setup a new branch

All-D Ost

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, bahtboy said:

Maybe due to big advertising on 103FM it's a project started by Tommy DEE.

They have five other shops, so I seriously doubt that. But I am sure Tommy would be more than happy to own a chain of supermarkets.

If a company pays to advertise, then you would run with it. Commercial radio after all.

Archived