Buffets

WaiWai

Hands down, the best has to be the Amari Rincome on Sundays. The buffet during the week is great, but on Sundays they do it up even more. The last time I went there was a chocolate fountain! Very good food for under 500 baht. You won't be disappointed, neither will she!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really want a nice buffet and you don't care about the price. I would recommend you to go to the Mandarin Oriental chinese restaurant. They have a very very nice buffet and the quality is really one of the best of the country.

But it's chinese food.

:S

The other place I would recommend is the buffet at the Holiday Inn (I don't remember may be its called Sunday Brunch?) It's pretty nice as well.

A buddy of mine who owns the Art Cafe, tried the Shangrila buffet and was not impressed. He thinks that the Duangtawan is much better and cheaper as well.

The best buffet in town used to be the Holiday Inn for many years for around 4-500 baht. It still might be from what I have heard. :o

Yep Holiday Inn is exceptional especially on Sundays when on top of everything else they have 7 different roasts.

Not tried the Shang or Sofitel yet.

I had Christmas Day buffet at the Holiday Inn and I wasn't all that impressed 'perhaps they were having an 'off' day.

The roast beef looked almost raw.

The service I admit was quite good. I will try it again when I get my discount card :D

Edited by john b good

Hands down, the best has to be the Amari Rincome on Sundays. The buffet during the week is great, but on Sundays they do it up even more. The last time I went there was a chocolate fountain! Very good food for under 500 baht. You won't be disappointed, neither will she!

I too recommend the Amari Rincome La-Gritta restaurant at lunch-time, I've never had a bad meal there, and have been going off-and-on for 15+ years, the decor is very pleasant and the management have resisted the temptation to modernise it. :o

I too recommend the Amari Rincome La-Gritta restaurant at lunch-time, I've never had a bad meal there, and have been going off-and-on for 15+ years, the decor is very pleasant and the management have resisted the temptation to modernise it. :o

Do you recommend just the sunday buffet or the weekday one as well? Any idea at what time the buffet starts and finishes?

thanks Steve

Do you recommend just the sunday buffet or the weekday one as well? Any idea at what time the buffet starts and finishes?

thanks Steve

Both. If her b-day does not fall on a Sunday, the weekday buffet is good as well. I would take my misses there anytime. There is a very good selection of Thai AND western food, and the desert section is more than ample. The buffet includes coffee as well, and this is no insant crapola coffee, the real deal. One word sums us the food, atmosphere and service.....QUALITY. Starts at 11am, get there sharp!

thanks Steve

Both. If her b-day does not fall on a Sunday, the weekday buffet is good as well. I would take my misses there anytime. There is a very good selection of Thai AND western food, and the desert section is more than ample. The buffet includes coffee as well, and this is no insant crapola coffee, the real deal. One word sums us the food, atmosphere and service.....QUALITY. Starts at 11am, get there sharp!

I finish work at 1pm, is it still worth a visit then?

thanks Steve

I finish work at 1pm, is it still worth a visit then?

Another good option is Grandview Hotel which is opposite Tarin Hotel. 120 Baht when I last visited. Probably best value for the money in CNX

Edited by john b good

hi, my wifes birthday is coming up and I'd like to take her to a REALLY nice buffet in changmai, but don't know where they are. I'm not looking for cheap deals. I'm looking for high quality, even if it costs 1000 baht. if anyone can reccomend some places and how much they cost you'd be helping me out.

thanx

I heard there's a place called Tosca's, that has excellent Spring Rolls on their menu..? :o

Last sunday we were at the Shangrila: What a disappointment. We thought since Shangrila has a very good reputation, this also would apply to their catering. How wrong we were.

From all the buffets I ever had in Thailand in an upscale restaurant, that was probably the worst.

Last sunday we were at the Shangrila: What a disappointment. We thought since Shangrila has a very good reputation, this also would apply to their catering. How wrong we were.

From all the buffets I ever had in Thailand in an upscale restaurant, that was probably the worst.

I was thinking of going. What was the problem with the Shangrila? I've heard that they do a dinner buffet too. Were you there for lunch of dinner?

personally i thought it was great. they may not have had the insane variety of food at some other buffets but the quality was much higher, especially the sushi and sashimi. for 299 baht all you can eat top quality sushi is worth it by itself. but the custom made pizzas and pastas were great, the entrees were pretty good and the desserts were amazing. best of all, i didn't feel like throwing up afterwards, as i usually do at buffets with everything but the kitchen sink.

actually the cheapest and healthiest buffet is at seven eleven.

just order the cheapest burger on the menu, throw it away, and load up on all the lettuce tomatoes onions and cucumbers. squirt some mayo on (and a bit of mustard, for class), and you've got an all you can eat salad.

you have to keep bugging them to refill the salad bar but if you're pushy enough they'll do it.

19 baht and pretty good for you.

Note: ketchup and chilli sauce with a touch of mayo tastes a little like french dressing, and of course ketchup and mayo make thousand island dressing.

all you can drink soda for 13 baht too if you just keep refilling the cup over and over before you check out.

What was wrong with the buffet at Shangrila?

To begin with, we were very disappointed with the cold starters. I hoped und expected to find some cold cuts like ham or salami. Instead they had among other food items these Thai salads which are called yam ..., and there also was a potato salad with potatoes which were not boiled long enough. It was inedible. Also the main dishes didn't impress us. Not much choice and mostly Thai food. The desserts looked nice, but they run out of clean plates, so we had wait about 10 minutes before we were able to get something. We are talking about a five star hotel.

I saw the pizza station. But I don't go to the Shangrila to eat pizza.

I don't like much the buffet at the Empress Hotel, but there is more choice and the taste is even better.

Not a buffet with impressive decor...but good food at a good price:

Try Buffet House on Huay Keaw, about 100 meters west of the end of the Super Highway, and just after Ricome Market. 120 baht for dinner, 90 baht for lunch

that place is gross. actually it's okay if you stick to the salads and quasi-japanese, but the entrees and pastas and such are without merit. my humble (and gastrointestinal) opinion.

Try Buffet House on Huay Keaw, about 100 meters west of the end of the Super Highway, and just after Ricome Market. 120 baht for dinner, 90 baht for lunch

that place is gross. actually it's okay if you stick to the salads and quasi-japanese, but the entrees and pastas and such are without merit. my humble (and gastrointestinal) opinion.

Based on the OP's request for something special, I wouldn't send them to Buffet House. But the food there is usually pretty good, including a nice selection of sushi. I've been there about a dozen times and never had a problem. imho, it's much better than the Grandview. As a suggestion for the OP, I recommend the buffet at the Amari Rincome Hotel.

Based on the OP's request for something special, I wouldn't send them to Buffet House. But the food there is usually pretty good, including a nice selection of sushi. I've been there about a dozen times and never had a problem. imho, it's much better than the Grandview. As a suggestion for the OP, I recommend the buffet at the Amari Rincome Hotel.

Was just at the Amari today with a friend. It was his first time there and he really enjoyed it, 3 heaping plates and 3 servings of desert and a cup of java and he was satisfied. And the chocolate fountain was there again! That was at 11:30 and I am still stuffed! If you have never been, its well worth a try.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the Amari Rincome or their associates in any manner. Jing Jing. I just like good food.

• 3 months later...

Since my foot is all messed up and cannot run, might as well gain some poundage..go up a size or 2 in my levis..

Time for a "Buffet Crawl"..

Tried the Empress the other day...not bad.

Any suggestions on a good one?

Price?

Food?

Ambience..

I know Ewe Gee probably knows of some good 'uns...

Shangrila Hotel

350 nett. wonderful ambiance and service ..

food selection alright :o .. excellent value though.

Holiday Inn:

650 friday night seafood buffet. only if you enjoy seafood otherwise don't go!

Edited by tigerbeer

I know Ewe Gee probably knows of some good 'uns...

I actually rather have a smaller amount of food that is fresher and of better quality than most buffets in Thailand.

I do remember - way back when - when the Westin (now The Holiday Inn) used to have some of the best food in Chiang Mai and also much better deserts than any other restaurant and a lot of them every day.

The price was something like 150 baht and what a deal! :o

Just back from the Lanna Palace Hotel.

Food was so, so..

Not too bad Vietnamese.

Wife sez bad Japanese.

B230 for 2

Side note;

I think I saw, well..I did see ( had to shake my head and make sure the eyes were not decieving me..) the most uglyist women ever in CM. Russian I think..built like a tank ( smaller version of a T72 ), hairy legs, hair in pony tails like Pippy Longstocking. If yer around the Lanna Palace this afternoon, be careful. Fugly mak mak. Nasty.

Coulda been why the food was so, so..

Shangrila Hotel

Holiday Inn:

Shangri-La at 350 BT ? wow that sounds very cheap..... but for lunch only, I assume.....

Shangrila Hotel

Holiday Inn:

Shangri-La at 350 BT ? wow that sounds very cheap..... but for lunch only, I assume.....

nope its for dinner. go check it out. Kad Cafe..

Side note;

I think I saw, well..I did see ( had to shake my head and make sure the eyes were not decieving me..) the most uglyist women ever in CM. Russian I think..built like a tank ( smaller version of a T72 ), hairy legs, hair in pony tails like Pippy Longstocking. If yer around the Lanna Palace this afternoon, be careful. Fugly mak mak. Nasty.

Coulda been why the food was so, so..

i never refer to anything as ugly but there was something about a tank like at the Dukes last evening.