Can you get a METV stamp in Phu Nam Ron Border?

You can use your METV to get a new 60 day entry at that crossing or any other border crossing.

A border crossing does not issue new visas. I assume though that you mean getting a 30 day visa exempt entry not a visa.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can use your METV to get a new 60 day entry at that crossing or any other border crossing.

A border crossing does not issue new visas. I assume though that you mean getting a 30 day visa exempt entry not a visa.

Where is the tour company, on Thailand side or past the border gates

25 minutes ago, Yeahbutwhytho said:

Where is the tour company, on Thailand side or past the border gates

You arrange and pay for transport across no mans land is just after Thai immigration. The fee for the trip across and back again is 950 baht that includes 500 baht for the Myanmar border pass.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You arrange and pay for transport across no mans land is just after Thai immigration. The fee for the trip across and back again is 950 baht that includes 500 baht for the Myanmar border pass.

Thank you, i nearly had an issue where my metv was previously marked as used (mistake by young io while back). IO didn't see the metv as valid and wanted to give me only 30 days. I was worried he'd lose face when i told him its valid - he wasn't happy but after 10 min he fixed the mistake and let me go

Have to make sure t's are crossed and i's are dotted

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 12:09 PM, ubonjoe said:

OK so you actually have to cross to the Myanmar side like at any other border? I thought so, but was under the impression that if you paid the 950 Baht you can just wait on the Thai side. Apparently not, and it sounds like a similar set-up to what all the Lao and Vietnamese border runners do every morning.

OK so you actually have to cross to the Myanmar side like at any other border? I thought so, but was under the impression that if you paid the 950 Baht you can just wait on the Thai side. Apparently not, and it sounds like a similar set-up to what all the Lao and Vietnamese border runners do every morning.

You pay your money to the “ visa run “ lady at the Thai side just after immigration, a pick will take you the 10 minutes trip thru no mans land.
First half on a decent bit of road, second half on a bumpy dirt road, you can tell when you cross into Myanmar as there is a guard and you start to drive on the other side of the road !.

Pick up stops in a village, the guy disappears with your passport for 5 minutes and comes back all done and dusted , you stay in the pick up, I believe you can buy something in the local store ( maybe cheap cigs etc ) I didn’t.

Back the same route, guy drops you at the Thai border and you enter .

All in all takes around 30 minutes, I went early ( 8.30 am I think ) and was the only westerner amongst some Burmese .

A couple of resorts near the border if you want.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:07 PM, alfonsalfons1 said:

What's the opening hours? I will drive there this week from Bangkok if anyone wants to join and split the costs. 

Just an update. Drove there and everything went smoothly. From arrival it took about 45 minutes until I was on my way back. First 45 minutes wait then 45 minutes in the van to Burma and back. Car rental was 900 baht, fuel 950 and I paid 960 at the border. Not much more expensive than the tour companies. 

• Like 1