The more money I have the less I like it here

Pravda

On 3/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, Skallywag said:

I want to know how you turned 100K into 500K in 5 years.  That is the TV post I want to read about.  ????????????

Me2 How?  Hedge fund? real estate? Drugs?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/26/2019 at 11:21 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Well unfortunately it's true.

Unless you are living in an Isaan tin shack, the cost differential now is marginal. Didn't used to be, but it is now

Unlike you, I live in the real world. I live in both places, I pay the bills in both places 

If I look at my utilities, my car insurance, my food (no, not buying food from from some fly infested market) gas, internet, clothing, even what we pay for health insurance through my wife's work, it's pretty much touch and go, which has the edge

Deny it you all you want if it makes it makes you feel better, but facts are facts.

I'm very happy to spend my 3 or 4 months in Thailand every year. But I certainly don't do it because it's some low cost paradise!

I agree 100% - but if i really find that 3br2b for 10000, 100m from the beach (see above) i will admit that i was wrong. 

On 3/25/2019 at 2:28 PM, NCC1701A said:

married and not retired? sounds painful. 

i rent a 3br 2 b house 100m from the beach for 10,000 baht? USA where?

no "visa" issues for me. retired, single and 800k in the bank in Thailand.

just got back from the hospital, flying on pain killers now, you could not park your car in the USA for what they charged.

My girlfriend is running around taking care of me 24/7 while I have a slight medical issue.

A nice positive comment with which I agree.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:53 PM, Pravda said:

Hard work and American consumption. I I'll leave it at that.

BTW, not unusual that so many missed the point. Yes, I know you can get a condo for 50,000 US$ in Chernobyl Mai. Sure you can get one in Bangkok too, which will be crawling with cockroaches and rats in 10 years... that is it the building still stands. We are talking about value for money here, and the value for money is sub par in Thailand. I agree that value for money if you want to live like a cheapo Charlie is actually very decent.

You could relocate to Australia and deal from there to your American consumers. Nice weather, great food, areas of natural beauty, a deep resonant culture, bike bands, .....and kangaroos.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:06 AM, rumak said:

and the trip from Pattaya to Bkk is a far cry from the reality of what is Thailand

Unfortunately,  the trip from Pattaya to Bangkok shows you the real Thailand. 

And it shows you the future of the rest of the country. 

Very sad but true.

42 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Rent per square foot in Bangkok (for comparable housing)  is the same as in major Western European cities. (The top cities like London and Paris are way more expensive)

Cities in Eastern and Central Europe are cheaper than Bangkok.

Buying is cheaper in Bangkok (but you cannot buy land)

Damn right it is. And if you want to buy anything that remotely resembles a western quality construction you will actually pay more than London.

For example, compare RItz Carlton residences in different cities and see how they compare to Bangkok.

On 3/26/2019 at 11:47 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Good grief. If you don't like the western food, eat something else. Is that too hard?

If I get sick eating something I don't keep eating it.

Not just the OP, but so many come on TVF complaining that western food is not good here, western style living is too expensive and everything is just so peachy back in the west compared to LOS. The mind boggles.

When I'm tired of food and want a diet, I eat Thai p***y????

On 3/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, GinBoy2 said:

I'm not deigratinating your lifestyle in the least. 

What you seem to resent is any criticism of Thailand.

I've told you many times, I like both, in their different ways, but I'm honest enough to accept the failings of both lifestyles.

We just choose to mix n match both

Good point..."You keep it real". Reality based.  

3b63df1273d36a9ccd75c51f4195269f.jpg

On 3/26/2019 at 12:32 PM, Pravda said:

Why? Because she is decent looking, has a good job and has her own place so I know for sure she doesn't need me as her provider. 

She is a huge reason why I was able to actually save money in Thailand.

Anyway, I am at Hilton Hua Hin for the next 3 days which is one of her company's perks. That's the benefit of marrying a successful woman (more humble brag).

Anyway, a lot of the same people who are telling me to pack up and leave are whinging on another thread about Big Joke and his upcoming reporting requirements. 

Hypocrisy much?

So the company gives employees perks that involve going away somewhere, but your wife can't take a day off to go to immigration with you.

That's weird.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 2:27 PM, Lacessit said:

I am gobsmacked by how helpful some TV posters are to their fellow man.

Well If he isnt happy with the amount of money he has (to much) then give some away to a good cause . I contribute money to various  charities .If he followed up where his money goes such as childrens homes, homes for the sick he could be content

3 months in our cheap condo in Jomtiem Dec - end of February is heaven, Thailand's foibles and gripes seem exciting and the life lived at the edge. Stray into March though and like Cinderella's slipper at the ball, the dream starts to turn sour and the love can become hate. Helps to have money and a home back in the UK though. Rule No 1 is build bridges and don't burn 'em. 

On 3/25/2019 at 2:53 PM, Pravda said:

Hard work and American consumption. I I'll leave it at that.

BTW, not unusual that so many missed the point. Yes, I know you can get a condo for 50,000 US$ in Chernobyl Mai. Sure you can get one in Bangkok too, which will be crawling with cockroaches and rats in 10 years... that is it the building still stands. We are talking about value for money here, and the value for money is sub par in Thailand. I agree that value for money if you want to live like a cheapo Charlie is actually very decent.

Only a guess, coke business? 

Archived