The more money I have the less I like it here

Pravda

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, justin case said:

but why is PR not automatically?  thais sure get it after a few years, my wife got FULL citizenship for doing absolutely nothing after just 3 years

Different countries have different rules. Any more questions...?

58 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"Permanent Residency"??  and just how many westerners qualify for permanent residency here?

Quite a few.

Sorry I cannot guestimate a figure and present it as fact, but a friend of mine did so many years ago.

So it is yet another avenue.

4 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

no one here for any of what you talk about and i agree 100% about what you say but you over looked the most important thing WHY we are all here........................the PUSSY. ????

"The PUSSY" Did you just read that..watch it on TV or hear it on the radio?

It is so strikingly original that I just have to pause to compliment you on your first class mind,your savoir faire and the incisive activity of your brain cells.

Very impressive.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Pravda said:

Western food tastes terrible and I don't know what they put inside as I get sick eating it most of the time (maybe I am allergic to some spices?).

You talk about all your money but you don't even buy decent food. You definitely do something wrong.

Personally I don't have much money - I spend it all. But I can assure you they have lots of delicious food from all over the word in Thailand.

And lots of other delicious deserts ...

1806020664_MenuonGirl.jpg.31569387282a2c4e3606caa42785fa03.jpg

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

Wouldn't the only two reasons to marry a Thai woman be for the Visa and for sex? So, if you aren't getting any help from her with the Visa, are you not getting any help from her otherwise?! Just asking for purely research means, you see.

Why? Because she is decent looking, has a good job and has her own place so I know for sure she doesn't need me as her provider. 

She is a huge reason why I was able to actually save money in Thailand.

Anyway, I am at Hilton Hua Hin for the next 3 days which is one of her company's perks. That's the benefit of marrying a successful woman (more humble brag).

Anyway, a lot of the same people who are telling me to pack up and leave are whinging on another thread about Big Joke and his upcoming reporting requirements. 

Hypocrisy much?

38 minutes ago, Tomahawk21 said:

and you came here for the temples and the culture ? get a life man :cheesy:

I first arrived to get as far away from a mad girlfriend in the U.K. as I could. Whilst travelling I made many friends along the way. Both Thai and foreign. These people are still friends twenty years later.

Had nothing to do with the bar scene whatsoever. No need to even step into a bar.

51 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Quite a few.

Sorry I cannot guestimate a figure and present it as fact, but a friend of mine did so many years ago.

So it is yet another avenue.

I know that there are people with Permanent Residency here, I have been a Thai Visa member for nine years and I can only remember one who has PR, and that was an Irish guy.

I would reckon there are less than 10% of westerners with PR.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I know that there are people with Permanent Residency here, I have been a Thai Visa member for nine years and I can only remember one who has PR, and that was an Irish guy.

I would reckon there are less than 10% of westerners with PR.

I didn't talk about numbers. I stated that it is another avenue. Since the OP has funds and an affluent Thai wife....what is stopping him?

A significant number of off topic, trolling, flaming and bickering posts have been removed.

Keep it up and you can expect a warning to follow.

On topic and polite please or you will need to find something else to do for a few days.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:55 AM, KneeDeep said:

In London, you are starting at 13,750,000 million baht for a one bedroom apartment in the suburbs.. 21,000,000 for a two bedroom....This at the currently poor exchange rates.

Move into slightly more desirable areas and the price will rise considerably.

£1,000,000 for a house in the 'burbs is normal.

I'm sure there are many here living very nicely in houses that cost less than 42,000,000 million baht.

I vote....Troll.

I guess you miscued the message - £1,000,000 pounds is around 42 million baht,

not 42,000,000 million baht.

I hope that you are not an accountant.

8 hours ago, Pravda said:

My spouse is not ungrateful. Because she doesn't want to go to immigration with me? She has a very important job at the international company and even 1 missed day could cause a lot of issues for her and others.

I feel like I'm kinda stuck in Thailand because there would be no same opportunity for her back home.

Well that's kind of hard to tell.

A lot depends on her education, language skills etc.

I would say if she has a Thai degree, that's gonna be a toughie in farangland.

When I met my wife we were both working in Singapore and she had a great job.

She actually struggled to get anything even close while we lived in Thailand.

Since she went to college in the US it was pretty quick that she landed a project manager's position with DoD.

So look at your options, try not to get trapped, things can always change on a dime

1 minute ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well that's kind of hard to tell.

A lot depends on her education, language skills etc.

I would say if she has a Thai degree, that's gonna be a toughie in farangland.

When I met my wife we were both working in Singapore and she had a great,

She actually struggled to get anything even close while we lived in Thailand.

Since she went to college in the US it was pretty quick that she landed a project manager's position with DoD.

So look at your options, try not to get trapped, things can always change on a dime

Yep, a Thai degree and to be honest her English is not adequate. I think she got lucky and has been with the same company for over a decade.

It's going to be very tough back home according to some of her friends who were in similar position in Thailand and are regretting the move.

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

Yep, a Thai degree and to be honest her English is not adequate. I think she got lucky and has been with the same company for over a decade.

It's going to be very tough back home according to some of her friends who were in similar position in Thailand and are regretting the move.

Stars are not aligning with that situation I'm afraid

3 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

No one is holding u here, planes leave every 30 minutes, get one.........no one cares about your whining, certainly not me

I guess you joined this forum for beaches and temples 

16 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

No one is holding u here, planes leave every 30 minutes, get one.........no one cares about your whining, certainly not me

Well I guess if you don't care, why bother to even respond?

23 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I don't disagree with anything you've posted but I'd leave my wife in a heartbeat if she didn't support my visa. It's not like Thais actually have principles.

Have to agree with you. Its why I broke up with a european girl many yrs ago. 

1 hour ago, direction BANGKOK said:

I too sometimes get a little bent on it being too difficult to stay here married to a Thai. But if you look at it from their perspective, it would just be way too much trouble to deal with and try to sort out sham marriages. 

But that's what all countries do, try to weed out the shams.

That in itself doesn't seem to stop most countries once approved giving your Thai spouse full rights and privileges, unlike Thailand 

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

The guy I am interested in listening to is the guy who has already moved. Thailand is full of guys threatening to leave for whom it never happens.

Well it's all a balance.

We decided for us at least, living full time in Thailand had run it's course.

Still go back for a few months a year, generally to escape the winter, and that works for us

Maybe that doesn't work others, but I'm always puzzled by those that seem to slam anyone that actually leaves.

Always makes me think they harbor secret doubts!

24 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well it's all a balance.

Still go back for a few months a year, generally to escape the winter, and that works for us

Maybe that doesn't work others, but I'm always puzzled by those that seem to slam anyone that actually leaves.

I think you miss the point.  Some posters leave and then come back to Thai Visa for 10 years and try to convince others to leave.  Some posters don't leave and try and convince others to leave.  Some posters leave part time and try and convince others to leave.  Convincing others to leave means constant negative Thai posting and unfair comparisons between Thailand and another country like, "if you own a home America it's the same price as Thailand." Since housing is the #1 budget item of course! 

22 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well it's all a balance.

agree, best of both worlds; escape the european winter with pleasant thai cool season, escape the atrocious heat and torrential rain and enjoy a pleasant temperate summer. not a bad quality of life.

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Thai posting and unfair comparisons between Thailand and another country like, "if you own a home America it's the same price as Thailand." Since housing is the #1 budget item of course! 

Well unfortunately it's true.

Unless you are living in an Isaan tin shack, the cost differential now is marginal. Didn't used to be, but it is now

Unlike you, I live in the real world. I live in both places, I pay the bills in both places 

If I look at my utilities, my car insurance, my food (no, not buying food from from some fly infested market) gas, internet, clothing, even what we pay for health insurance through my wife's work, it's pretty much touch and go, which has the edge

Deny it you all you want if it makes it makes you feel better, but facts are facts.

I'm very happy to spend my 3 or 4 months in Thailand every year. But I certainly don't do it because it's some low cost paradise!

Archived