War On Red Ants.

undercover

Ok I have accepted that walking on beach road at 3am is no longer wize and that sitting on a deck chair on Jumptien beach has an element of danger, but I draw the line of not being able to sit in my own garden,

The danger here is Ant's the red mango tree Ant's.

Ive had problems with these guys since the day we mooved in, accepting the fact they were here first and I don't like killing anything, I thought I would strike up a deal, the deal was they were to stay in their tree and I was to stay on the ground, they broke their side of the bargin imediatly, since then it as escalated to anyone going outside the relative safety of the house gets bitten to hel_l, we have tried spraying them, cutting down the nest and remooving it, glue, smoking them out the tree,

THEY ARE RELENTLAS, I now seldom have house callers, we're confined to eating in doors, the dogs quiver and shake when its time to go outside, we are in a virtual prison, we need help before we're eaten alive ! short of a nuclear warhead from mr Bush is there anything we can do to moove them on to another tree ?

I am no expert as I just tend to grin and bear it. Like you I don't like killing things. Have you tried spraying salted water on everything. It won't kill them but it might discourage them. I have never tried this myself but I seem to remember someone once doing this.

Ok I have accepted that walking on beach road at 3am is no longer wize and that sitting on a deck chair on Jumptien beach has an element of danger, but I draw the line of not being able to sit in my own garden,

Ive had problems with these guys since the day we mooved in, accepting the fact they were here first and I don't like killing anything, I thought I would strike up a deal, the deal was they were to stay in their tree and I was to stay on the ground, they broke their side of the bargin imediatly, since then it as escalated to anyone going outside the relative safety of the house gets bitten to hel_l, we have tried spraying them, cutting down the nest and remooving it, glue, smoking them out the tree,

THEY ARE RELENTLAS, I now seldom have house callers, we're confined to eating in doors, the dogs quiver and shake when its time to go outside, we are in a virtual prison, we need help before we're eaten alive ! short of a nuclear warhead from mr Bush is there anything we can do to moove them on to another tree ?

OK, let's see if we can identify them properly. Is it the sticky ones? If so, those ar real bitch. Do you know their proper name?

I will swap you my yard full of fire ants for your tree of mot deng,

The Thais call them (mot deng) Ant red. their the ones that the Thais like to eat the eggs and pupa, they shake the nest into a bucket of water that seems to knock them out but dosent kill them.

The ants you're talking about are Weaver Ants and are considered the most destructive animal in Asia. They kill anything they find (insects,birds,small lizards,etc.) Personally I use chandrite Crack and Crevice Spray. Just stick the metal tube through the nest wall and spray. This is the only living thing that I will kill on sight. You will be doing all the other critter a favor by getting rid of as much of them as you can.

Remove the nest from your tree and put it far far away but not tooooooo far...they will find it and move back in....after they move in remove the nest and put it farther farther away but not toooooo farther father....they will find it and move back in....etc..............