Troops Back On The Streets?

grahamb

Anyone else seeing a lot of troop movements this evening in Bangkok? We just saw (@ 21:15 on 2-Mar-07) a large number of armoured personnel carrier type things and trucks driving along Pradiphat Road in Bangkok (near Saphan Khwai). We were watching from the balcony of our apartment so weren't able to see exactly how many there were or where they were going. They were heading along Pradiphat from Rama VI to Paholyothin Road.

Didn't see anything similar posted in the Bangkok, News or General forum but I apologise if I missed anything. I know that in theory this is a Bangkok related post but I figure that it may also relate to the rest of Thailand...

No worries, probably another coup or smth like that. :D

Well, that was my assumption. We were on holiday when the last one happened so I was wondering if this is my opportunity to get the photos of flowers in tank barrels :o

ITV just said that people called asking the same question. They said that it's nothing to worry, just troops returning from an exercise in Lopburi.

Howcome nobody said anything when they were driving off to Lopburi ?

ITV just said that people called asking the same question. They said that it's nothing to worry, just troops returning from an exercise in Lopburi.

Howcome nobody said anything when they were driving off to Lopburi ?

How should i know?

I just saw the ITV news and thought i mention this here so that we won't start another thread of rumor mongering.

Sorry to have spoiled the party.